>2018
>he still hasn't upgraded to Windows 10
Mind explaining yourself?

Attached: 1477301783267.gif (972x1000, 1.09M)

I did. It has its flaws but it's not so bad

I did too. I like it but only ltsb

I've been on it since July 15, 2015. Only those with stagnant minds can't make the change.

>2018
>he still posting his disgusting anime pedo shit
Mind explaining yourself?

Fuck windows for automatically turning on all it's botnet features but once you disable them all it's an OS that actually runs software. Why use that MS-DOS ripoff with a club penguin mascot?

Attached: 16485559_p0.jpg (750x750, 179K)

Lain is a slut

>Mind explaining yourself?
All of my viddy games run on windows 7, which aside from photoshop is all I use or ever would use windows for. Why, then, would I bother "upgrading" to windows 10 when I have to go through all of the trouble of disabling all of its telemetry (which inexplicably breaks core features of the OS), and modifying the most basic fucking usability settings using group policy, third-party scripts, and registry edits when I can use something that works out of the box and still provides me a modicum of control over my system without throwing a complete bitchfit?

Attached: 1529823114173.jpg (915x960, 97K)

Not every slut has her own operating system.

>disabling all of its telemetry
1 click in shutup10
>(which inexplicably breaks core features of the OS)
why do you lie when you've clearly never used it?
>modifying the most basic fucking usability settings using group policy, third-party scripts, and registry edits
but you don't have to do any of this?
>I can use something that works out of the box
literally no OS ever, and don't tell me gayno lincucks works out of the box because it does not

I too liked LTSB 2016 but moved back to Pro for the time being because of updates helping with certain software.
I'll switch to LTSB 2019 when that comes around.

lol

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

I use macOS, Ubuntu or Debian.

But WHY should I "upgrade" from windows 7? Sell me on it, pajeet.

>using lain for disgusting botnet 10
Linux just works.

Only actual boomers use windows 7.

Attached: 1445784194204.png (655x1100, 1.09M)

I do have W10 and don't care for it
>have to mess with settings to stop it from downloading games and other adware shit on its own
>two control panels
>profile management is garbage
If you tell it to create a local account, and add emails and other credentials that connect out to the interwebs, it will switch the setting on your account without telling you. Worse yet, if you try to switch it back or manually flip the switch yourself, you will end up with a ghost account you can't unlock or delete; took me ages to fix.
>windows 8.1 tablet shit is everywhere and still cancer
>shell message processing is busted to shit
Nothing like clicking on an icon five times to start a program and nothing happens, then select something else and get assaulted with five instances of the application.
>Fisher-Price windows update makes managing driver and other non-OS patch stuff next to impossible

Win10 dev tools are nice but that is only because they gimped 7 on purpose.

Attached: 1316958506180.png (292x355, 229K)

>2018
>still using computers

Attached: 1524450643569.jpg (600x532, 40K)

I'll consider it when DX12 has one (1) good game

Different user here. I actually like some of the visual changes, although I'm still using classic shell for the start menu. Tbh I use the start menu so rarely I might give the windows 10 one a go again.

It seemed faster to me when I upgraded, especially in starting up. Could've just been the clean install but I don't think so.

Win7 is EOL Jan 2020. That's reason enough to get used to 10.

I disabled most of all the features they advertise, like Cortana, Edge, windows apps, and customized my desktop with a few small things (the same I used in 7). Maybe some of these things appeal to you though.

Do you mind me asking why you're stalling on "upgrading" to 10 if you know telemetry can be disabled?

>'''upgraded''' to Windows 10
>updates permanently stuck at 9%
>can't launch half my apps
>thank God I listened to gee and installed Debian on partition

It's shit

>lain
>pedo
no taste

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Cause my install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 "just works" along with my other programs and games. No issues since I did the original install in 2010. Just cause MS says "2020 is EOL" does not mean that the OS itself is useless or that "omg, the hackers will break in" after that date. All it means is that there will be no more updates for it. But ask this: if system is running smooth as babies ass now, then why bother with updates at all? Unless your running with your firewall ports wide open or god forbid running your pc in the "DMZ" you ain't gotta worry about much. Hackers don't give a shit about me,you, or your little home lan. They like the "big fish" the financial corporations, the big name sites, shit that will actually payoff if they hack them.

I upgraded to OS X El Capitan.

Thats like saying christian men are all gay because they look at a half naked man on a cross
If you think Lain is for "pedos" you have no idea what you're talking about and should leave

Because my audio interface doesnt have stable drivers for it and i'm no getting a new one just because there is a newer OS out there. I use my computer to get shit done and win7 is good enough, when 2020 arribes i'll just unplug it from the internet and make a Debian partition for shitposting

Because Debian is better faggot

>Do you mind me asking why you're stalling on "upgrading" to 10 if you know telemetry can be disabled?
Because it offers me no benefit when the only thing I use windows for is video games and photoshop, both being things windows 7 can handle without issue. Additionally, let's just say that I had to do a fresh install and could choose between 7 and 10 for argument's sake; in which case I'd still choose 7. Firstly, aside from the bullshit telemetry, I have very little control over windows 10 natively. I can't just tell it "No, I don't want these updates, just give me these ones, and don't check for updates unless I ask you to", the operating system I payed for on the computer I payed for is telling ME that I will update, and my only choice is in how long I can put it off for until it decides I've waited long enough and forces me into it. Changing any sort of setting on 10 is similarly frustrating, as there are two separate control panels with randomly overlapping functionality, and beyond memorization there is no real indication on which one your desired setting will be on. The start menu by default is loaded with advertisements, again, on an operating system I payed for, and on top of that it's an ugly half-step between tablet and desktop interface.

Windows 10 presents itself in a wholly unprofessional manner; I don't need or want my error messages to throw smiley emoticons at me, speak in the first person, or have a "personality", I don't need my operating system to hold my hand and talk to me like a child while I'm installing it, and I certainly don't need every single program being called an "App" like I'm some latte-sipping hipster on his iPhone. It may sound nitpicky, and it is, but presentation matters.

Cont'd

No discussion about Windows 10 is complete without talking about its bullshit telemetry though. There's really no escaping the botnet nowadays, but it's absolutely mind-boggling how deeply entrenched these bullshit "features" are into the operating system, and how insanely difficult and unintuitive it is to disable them *by design*. It's bullshit that the operating system by default records nearly everything I do and mails it off to a remote server to just sit around doing god knows what, but it's even more insane that most of it can't be disabled by default, and the few things that do have toggles don't even disable it, they just quiet it down a bit. Why the everloving fuck am I ever going to use an operating system that I can't trust to do what I tell it?

Attached: 1526100157674.jpg (1024x961, 292K)

This. 3 clean installs on 3 different machines, everything clean installed and licenced, everything left at default, just clicked next during install. All of them just don't work 70% of the time. Maybe it's because Cortana isn't enabled in my country or in my language but that doesn't explain why I would need bing or cloud when searching FOR LOCAL FILES.

>1 click in shutup10
Any piece of software that requires an outside piece of software to fix it is shit and worth no money.

Yes, that includes every video game that depends on some mod to not be garbage

the software just runs a bunch of commands to disable services and uninstall things automated.
if you're that autistic there are guides everywhere to do the exact same thing through the command line manually

What is the benefit of '''upgrading''' to 10

>I'm not buying another windows right now
>Downgrade to free(as in expensive) version, it's better than my paid-for and advert-free desktop OS
lolol

i have a ryzen pc which had no official support for 7 like many newer CPUs. these compatibility issues for software and hardware will only get worse the writing is on the wall
it has nothing to do with epic gaming fps increases or UI improvements for me

>comfy thread?

Attached: comfy.jpg (1600x900, 170K)

7 works just fine on ryzen, no need to downgrade

I had to pry it out of my mother's computer after it had corrupted somehow, the same thing happened to my buddy's laptop he just bought, it even locked the drive from being seen, had to interrupt windows 10 repair to make the drive no longer seem on "sleep" or whatever it does to make the drive seem like it's not even there. then i nuked the shit out of it and installed mint.
because i love my mother, i made sure every aspect of her windows experience was satisfied. she didn't want to change from windows, but it rendered itself unusable somehow.

>he doesn't know how to change file indexing options
It's like I'm really on /v/

Using lain to shill Windows is pretty low.

>Posting 2016 era bugs
Ayy lmao

>2018
>he still hasn't upgraded to Copland OS Enterprise
And you don't seem to understand

Attached: 1511003890440.png (811x710, 542K)

Lain would never run Windows.

But I have
In a VM
Where the only thing I do in it is gayme
Bless GPU passthrough.

You'll change your mind in less than 2 years. They all do.

Fuck off.

Attached: ryzen.png (1189x535, 94K)

Don't use Lain to shill your proprietary garbage

Attached: Serial_Experiments_Lain_Illustrations_024.jpg (1280x1857, 380K)

I have a Windows 10 key from my Thinkpad, but I have GNU/Linux installed on it. I've used Windows 10, but it breaks after every update (which takes 2 hours and I can't use my computer during).

I'm pretty sure Lain has used no freedom software in the show.

One of these days i'll rape the stupid out of you

I'm still on w7 but my next upgrade will be pretty much a scratch build and I've decided to go with Linux and run w10 in a VM with GPU pass through for anything that needs windows.

The upgrades that reverted my settings were frustrating. I don't game so I'll probably just run Linux. Windows for my business comp so I can still use QuickBooks

She does IRL though. Source: I am Lain.

Attached: Serial_Experiments_Lain_Illustrations_030.jpg (1280x1857, 344K)

Can't argue with them quads.

*downgraded
Why?

Microsoft decided it was a good idea to make people's computers do things the user would never agree to behind their backs.

What do you get out of 10?

Tried that. The piece of shit broke.

>He doesn't give ballmer handjobs
>He doesn't act as microsoft's personal cuckslut
>He doesn't gladly sit beneath microsoft's HQ's toilets
>Each time screeching "OOOOH THANK YOU MASTER" every time a new, fat product comes flopping down onto your face and sliding down your chin
mind explaining yourself? you don't have a stagnant mind do you?

The roadmap is W7 till 2020 EOL then W8.1

Then by the time that is EOL ill move to windows 12 and bypass w10 all together.

Tfw that wasn't rocky road plopped on your face and sludged down your chin

>Upgrading from X to 10
I don't see why would anyone do it.

I love threads where shills pretend that Windows 10's trash hasn't been dissected for almost three years now and any and all sources that detail this are outright lies or don't properly fellate uncircumcised dick so they don't count.

So I like to move on to the other issue with windows 10: it looks like a clown put on a powerpoint presentation where he loaded his anus up with pastel colors and jetted it all over the interface.

Attached: 1463937419184.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

Wait, so why are you using Windows if you
>disabled most of all of the features they advertise, like Cortana, Edge, windows apps
What a massive waste of money, time, and resources. Just switch to literally any Linux distro and don't even risk having your information held hostage.

Y-You didn't find nadella and suck the shit out of his asshole!!!!!! liar!!!!! stupid!!!!!! how could you ever, ever, ever ask cortana to not need bing when searching for local files?!!!!!! it just works!!!!!!!

this

Attached: 1477654774463.png (1535x2638, 3.19M)

Because it's trash and it's got no current advantage over 7/8.1

Attached: Windows-10.png (807x6544, 1.7M)

No.

PRESENT DAY
PRESENT TIME
HAHAHHAHAHAH

You don't seem to understand

What is Serial Experiments Lain about? I'm thinking about watching it at some point.

I was unironically watching Latin for the first time when I paused it and saw this thread.

Not sure wtf direction it's going yet.. (Now at episode 2)

botnet
ugly
slow

>2000+18
>Not already being on Protocol Seven

Attached: evil-lain.png (1520x855, 771K)

10 is the reason I finally decided to switch to linux full-time. Thank you, Microsoft.

Windows 7 doesn't force that disgusting start menu on us.

do you know what the word official means?

Too many unsolicited upgrades, and not much faster than Windows 8.1

But I did. To Windows Server 2016.
>no forced reboots
>no cortana
>no windows store
>updates on my schedule
Why do you still cuck yourself with home editions and forced reboots?

Why would I want to install literal malware on my computer? You think it's less malicious because it's Microsoft branded.

>lain image
Well excuse me, I didn't know I was dealing with a disabled person.

Attached: 1531765080803.jpg (409x618, 58K)

>>lain image
>Says the fucking shrek poster
Yikers!

Attached: 1367108062.png (1242x1080, 494K)

dumb shrekposter

Attached: 803118452_16107.jpg (871x654, 66K)

>desperately hoping win 12 comes out before win 8.1 eol
why not just not use windows? gnu/linux is free and many distros just werk, you don't have to spend any time tweaking privacy settings or disabling ads

Hold still so I can snap your picture, little cunt.

Attached: 2d6.jpg (640x409, 46K)

7 performs better on my hardware

Redpill me on 10
Tell me how it's better than 7

It isn't

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10, realized it was shit
then fully committed to linux (OpenSUSE for laptop, Kubuntu for desktop)

god i wish i were lain :(

dude just use OpenSUSE for both, ditch memebuntu

I want both though. OpenSUSE is used at work, hence the laptop
But my personal Linode server uses Ubuntu so I want my development environment at home to be similar, hence the *buntu

I switched to linux instead and just use wangblows for gaymen. It's not stable enough to use as an OS

>1 click in shutup10
oh you sweet summer child, you are definitely at home as windows 10 user.

Linux updates:
>dnf update
or equivalent

Windows updates:
>downloads whenever it wants regardless of whether you need the bandwidth at that moment
>forced reboot
>scramble around looking for a tool to disable telemetry in the version you just updated to

Only dumb people need updates.

Is Lain better next to freedom cum gobbler closed minded retards that refuse to fuck in front of Netflix or Indian shills spitting through their own shit? I don't know, either way the show is fucking dead.

Attached: shrekcamera1.jpg (610x368, 48K)

>pushing Windows 10
>Lain image

Disgraceful

Windows 10 has more security and support than any OS right now.

Attached: sample 114 (rename before using).jpg (480x360, 44K)