Need Advice Regarding Future PC's

So in 2020 Microjew is ending support for Windows 7. And I fucking hate Windows 10 for a good number of reasons. I expect Microjew is going to release even worse diarrhea then Spybot My Artistic Flat Brick Vision 10. So my question would be should I get a backup tower in 2019? Or should I roll the dice and hope to be able to buy something good in the future?

Attached: Windows_7_commercial_still_frame.png (480x268, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/us/computer-worm-definition,news-18330.html
safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You've been brainwashed into thinking you hate Windows 10 by Jow Forums.

It feels more like a phone app with that one retarded screen.
I tested it out on my friends computer and still like XP best.

I'm about to build a new PC and was going to use Win7 but it looks like I'll be forced into Win10 because of this faggotry ...or Linux finally.

GNU/Linux awaits you brother

Go Linux. You will not regret it.

xD how minimal dude

I'm in the same situation. I want to build a gaming PC, but I'm not going to use an operating system that has advertisements.

The only thing that keeps me from using Windows XP is the 4GB RAM limitation.

Is Windows 8 any good, as far as telemetrics and ads?

>I tested it out on my friends computer and still like XP best.
Ah, I see. You're just a baby duck.

I used Ubuntu 10.04 about 10 years ago.
The only coding I've ever done was on myspace back in the day.

All I want is for Steam to work so I can play Counter Strike.
League of Legends.
Classic WoW.
My Virtual Boy Advance.
And just maybe Oldschool Runescape.

I imagine it will be a nightmare getting Classic WoW to run when it launches.

I fucking hate Windows these days but I might bite the bullet and take Win10.

Attached: 1531116220834m.jpg (768x1024, 53K)

literally candy crush ads in your operating system

this is not okay

Not on mine. Maybe it's because you purchased cheap hardware from China.

>Is Windows 8 any good, as far as telemetrics and ads?
You would want to use Windows 8.1, as that is supported until 2025. Windows 8 is abandoned.

CSGO runs natively
LoL is broken as of few weeks ago because they implemented a (malicious) anti-cheat manager, but WINE team is working on fixing this and riot somewhat supported them. They now allow you to run lol in a VM so GPU Passthrough is an option.
WoW always ran fine, not sure about post-cata wow though. blizzard is fine with wow over WINE.
VBA exists, I think. Linux is the king of emulation so you shouldn't have issues with this.
RS is a browser game. I think I saw an RS client in the snap store.

You can install Lutris and run install scrips from the browser, it automates win software installations. PlayOnLinux is similar but more user friendly if you want to set things up yourself.

>...or Linux finally.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, are you retarded? The whole point of using Winblows is because you want to get shit done, not fiddling for hours and asking on forums on some shit tier OS just to make it do basic things.

Classic Wow is going to use the new Wow engine. They said classic is going to be data driven, meaning it's going to be the latest WoW. Not sure how they're going to bring back the actual landscape though.

Install Windows Server 2019. /thread

OP here.

Probably has a telemetry kernel, not sure about the ads though. Just go for Windows 7.
Tell me all the benefits of going from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

fpbp

>Tell me all the benefits of going from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Nah, because you have baby duck syndrome. No point. I don't need to be your mommy dragging you kicking and screaming into the future.

thank goodness win7 retarded shitters will rot in the grave forever, obnoxious faggots deserve it

You can change my mind if there is any genuine pros among the many cons. It's just a question, I'm not going to bash you for your response.
I was thinking of exactly that or Ubuntu. I'm 99% not going to bend a knee for future Windows releases if their going to be something like Windows 10.

>You can change my mind if there is any genuine pros among the many cons. It's just a question, I'm not going to bash you for your response.

Doubtful. If you're on Windows 7 after all these years, it means you're not one to test or try out new things, nor an inward desire to see what's out there. You like to just have things be exactly the same without change, because you assume everything out there to discover has been discovered, and nothing can be improved. You will fade into obscurity much like those before you.

Ubuntu is a GNU/Linux distro.

So, could you just at least tell me some pros, please?

All I can tell you is after I got an internship and started using a Windows 7 Thinkpad that they gave me, it has been rough.

Would you happen to know the specs perhaps?

nice arguments faggot

Nothing to do with speed. I'm talking about a feature set.

The answer I want to give is "just use GNU/Linux". However, the graphical applications that are supported by Linux are immature. X.org is conceptually outdated and Wayland is immature. How do you expect programmers to write solid GUI applications when the foundations of graphics on the platform are shaky? So the answer I'm forced to give is use Windows 7 or Windows Server 2016/2019.

I just continue to use 7. Maybe get a cheap hdd and install 10 on it and dual boot for the crap that wont work

>hardware determines ads displayed in software

Why do people hate on Win 8.1 so much? It's got all the benefits of Win 7, and it's worked for me for years.

Not but I ran windows 10 when it got its first rtm (10240) back in 2015 and I loved it. Ran it for about a year and a half until my ssd died and that was the time that Microsoft started to make it worse (the aggressive updates and forced telemetry).
Nowadays when I run it in a vm it gives a feeling that it will just "break" if I tinker with it. Edge feels the same to me.
When 2020 comes (It will be the year I finish uni, my opinion will change) I might install Debian or just put 8.1. Who knows

Attached: received_1803001989745556.gif (640x480, 140K)

What is Windows 8.1?

Windows 7 is slow and deprecated. It’s basically Vista SP3

>the failed abortion that was 9x

I actually went from Linux to 10 then to 7.

I got myself a good PC which should last me years and provide good compatibility with Windows 7. I think if you want 7, it's the best thing to do.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

4GB VRAM limit in DX9.
Impossible to disable DWM without crippling the OS.
Cloud integration (Store, OneDrive, etc).
METRO leftovers (Settings, Start screen, Photos, Camera; neither of which you can get rid of without butchering the OS).

>The only thing that keeps me from using Windows XP is the 4GB RAM limitation.
Then use the 64-bit version.

New things doesn't always mean a good things. Also still no pros at this point.

>128GB of ram

Attached: emoji-big-lul.jpg (680x680, 32K)

>doesn't know any pros to win 10
>deflects nonstop, hoping people won't notice

You wanna see real and I do mean real flexing? I have an image from one German faggot flexing with his CPU.

>all these spergs clinging to vulnerable obsolete software

To be honest I'd rather have Microsoft spy on me and offer me security patches and protection than become an aids-ridden whore filled with security holes with windows 7.

>he fell for the planned obsolesces meme
>he thinks windows 7 in vulnerable
I have a laptop with 10 and a desktop with 7. 10 is trash and build for touchscreen ipads

You have two choices:
1. Microsoft spies on you
2. Literally everyone in the world spies on you because "FUCK SECURITY LMAO"

Can't wait until retarded win7 vermin die in a fire in 1.5 years together with their os for all eternity. Time is on my side.

Windows 10 works well as a desktop OS. It just has support for tablet devices because of the Surface.

hacker man.gif

>Literally everyone in the world spies on you
>LMAO TROLL'd OUTDATED FAG XDDDD

Does your sorry ass literally rely on Windows Defender and forced "security updates" to not get those nasty viruses and hackers raiding you, huh? I suppose an anti virus and Spybot Anti-Beacon is completely forgihn to you as well? What else? TrannieFox Quantum is a good version of Firefox? Could you like quit low quality trolling?

More like.
>1. Microsoft and everyone in the world spies on you

Security doesn't matter huh? Do you kow what a computer worm is, braindead faggot?

No that's actually 2 since you know, no more security for your obsolete garbage, XPniggerfaggot v2.0.

A simple Google search gave me an article that literally says to get an Anti Virus. Did you bother reading before posting?

tomsguide.com/us/computer-worm-definition,news-18330.html

Your antivirus is irrelevant, no more security patches for you. You're fucked no matter what you do. Stay mad forever. Newer software most likely won't even support 7 either.

Well it's actually 1, because by letting Microsoft spies on you is the biggest security holes and you won't received any patches for that.

>windows 7 will only be used by third-world ESL subhumans
Just like XP I guess.

XP was the peak of Windows. Everything before and after is inferior.

>Do you know what something like a worm is?
>Yeah, it's easily countered by something like an actual anti-virus.
>Fuck off, your anti virus is irrelevant.
>But, it literally does a better job then Microjew and it's shitty Updates and built in "Defender".
>No more security updates means you're fucked end of story. Stay mad h8er.

Can you at least try to actually troll?

>subhumans
You're acting like one. LOL

Attached: .png (526x466, 186K)

>thinking windows 7 isnt full on spyware

I think what you're saying about how a "compromised OS" can be hardened with a good AV application is correct. Unironically.

Samefag, it doesn't have a telemetry kernel unlike Windows 10. By the way there's something called...

safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

And checking updates that you install.

Remember, your Dogshit 10 has a hard coded telemetry kernel. You're way more fucked then Windows 7 users.

Also >hardened

The fuck are you talking about, lel.

not samefag you samefag

Not gonna deny that, literally every windows after XP is a bloated piece of shit.

Can someone please find a way to just replace Windows 10 explorer.exe with the one from Windows 7, like how we used to do back in the day with Windows 95s explorer.exe copied onto Windows 98/ME. That alone would solve 99% of Windows 10 problems.

You're retarded

W7 is half broken and barely functions on modern hardware. W10 is much faster in almost every regard, has better compatibility. It's still shit compared to linux, especially updates

>MUH WINDOWS XP IS MAGICALLY MORE VULNERABLE BECAUSE SUPPORT HAS ENDED
No Windows before 7 (arguably) has been safe. What happened to the old Jow Forums who used to say that CommonSense [CURRENT_YEAR+1] was the best security suite ever? Just don't be stupid and you won't get viruses ever.

Also, regarding updates themselves... POSReady hack

God damn you're an autistic nigger.

>W7 is half broken and barely functions on modern hardware
Literally what? Do I need to tell you that my Ryzen build works fine with Windows 7?

$5 says that Microjew is going to extend support another year or two. How many times did they do that with XP?
They just gotta say they are ending support so that they can get as many people as possible migrated, but a lot of businesses and government users are going to be on 7 past 2020 regardless of what Microjew does.

>CommonSense [CURRENT_YEAR+1] was the best security suite ever?
that is only true if the operating system you're using cant be trivially compromised.

commonsense essentially protects against social-engineering attacks (like phishing).
it wont protect you against bufferoverflows in hidden.random.windows.service.that.happens.to.listen.on.tcp.22314.and.that.you.didnt.even.know.existed

Not sure if you're being an actual retard or a troll. Browser support from Firefox has been dropped for XP. Thus meaning not receiving security patches.

>You're acting like one. LOL
>no u
Enjoy your bleak future, XPfag 2.0

>bufferoverflows
Just use Firewall+Antivirus+CommonSense.

>W10 is much faster in almost every regard
W10 is not the devil some make it out to be, but when you post stupid shit like this you just come off as a pajeet shill.
W10 is not in any way faster than W7 (not counting some specific situations like broken drivers or whatever). It's usually a tiny bit slower, but not enough to make a difference.

t. using both on multiple PCs for years

Not him but the same practice of applying common sense will do just fine, and if that isn't enough there a few people maintaining forks of Pale Moon for XP and XP x64.

I don't care. It boots up insanely slow and after rebooting from Linux it doesn't register anything on USB ports on my mobo which is 4-5 years old, so it needs a second restart (not shut down and power up) in order to get USB access again. The OS is a pile of shit.

>I don't care

Who cares if supports ending in 2020. Just run browser in sandboxed mode or in a vm and you are good to go.

>my shit works, I made it work somehow, everyone look at me!

I remember that trick. Used it to get around XP's activation prompt for a while. Good times.

That version has no drivers for virtually anything, I doubt you've ever used it.

But I'm using it right now

XP is the best version of Windows. It is obsolete now however.

I've installed it on probably 20 or so computers ranging from 2005-2011. I found drivers for almost all of them quite easily. I had some trouble finding drivers for a StinkPad T61p, Inspiron 1501, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

I've mostly put it on Intel Dells, and their support for it has been perfectly adequate. Programme support for it was also better than I expected, though for some reason I had to install Office 2010 in 32-bit compatibility mode.

I use Windows 7 you retarded mongaloid.

All these flavors, and you choose to be salty.jpg

>If you're on Windows 7 after all these years, it means you're not one to test or try out new things, nor an inward desire to see what's out there.
Or maybe you work in a business with a critical application that doesn't support Windows 8.x or 10. Shit thats my situation, and it sucks because the C suite doesn't want to bite the bullet and upgrade the application - which is almost completely unchanged since 1995. Hell it doesn't even run right on Windows 7... we have to disable UAC and do some other bullshit just to install and run it.

But no, it's because we don't like new things.
Faggit.

gaymerfag

kde is very similar to windows, there isnt much of any learning curve

>10 years ago
This is the current year, not 10 years ago.
Valve has ported all their stuff over to linux. They even have their own OS based on it.
Linux is the superior desktop experience now.

> OEM doesn't decide what they image to the hardware

> Hates windows 10, but probably uses shit like discord

Hush shill

Say user, could you enlighten us of a better alternative?