Let's have a startup hate thread

Whatever you do, don't join startups unless you have no options, they rip you off, especially early stage ones.

Attached: 1528576236714.png (664x840, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/How-do-you-make-programmers-work-60-80-hours-per-week
quora.com/Why-do-so-many-startups-fail?redirected_qid=3064254
quora.com/How-does-Elon-Musk-organize-his-time-so-that-he-can-work-80-hours-a-week
youtube.com/watch?v=FYRldZsVO9I
careers.google.com/how-we-hire/apply/#_
levels.fyi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

quora.com/How-do-you-make-programmers-work-60-80-hours-per-week

quora.com/Why-do-so-many-startups-fail?redirected_qid=3064254

lmao at this article. google understands efficiency wages work much better than trying to convert people into a "team-player" mentality

this, productivity at google is off the charts

quora.com/How-does-Elon-Musk-organize-his-time-so-that-he-can-work-80-hours-a-week

Fuck startups.
Fuck neck beards and autists and muh garage myth
Fuck your app
Fuck your incubator (literally cancer)
Fuck your code workshop
Fuck your wet dream of venture capital
Fuck your delusion
Fuck your shitty idea
Fuck your disruption
Fuck you

Fuck Ruby
Fuck pho
Fuck your meetings at Starbucks
Fuck your virtual office
Fuck your LinkedIn page with links to your shitty github
Fuck your magic:the gathering club
Fuck your subreddit
Fuck you

What defines a startup? I am selling some software with friends, but I don't see that as a startup.

Fuck you, fuck me, fuck us
Fuck Tom, fuck Mary, fuck Gus
Fuck Darius, fuck the West Coast
And fuck everybody on the East
Eat shit and die, or fuck off at least

>incubator
anyone ever worked for one? what is it like?

Small bussiness could had explosive grow and easy scalability, or begin buy be a lot money, instagram,Uber,Netflix ...

Definition is for inversor angels invest in bussiness could get or sells for 1 billon dollars, having dozen small start up and play number game for get few huge winner and return inversion.

This conditions made a lot stupid ideas get a lot funding, small teams overworking builds prototypes and one industry sell things to founders or workers, like sell shoulder in gold fever, plus a lot cheap workers for big companies or sucessful start ups.

But today every new tech/software company call them self startup.

Just be normal company sells services(solutions customers really need), get good customer network and pay the bills with reasonable expectations.

>they rip you off, especially early stage ones
Do you consoder a $7k/month internship a rip off?

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

internship is you ripping the company off, all the interns are worthless

Stop projecting your lack of skill. Unlike you, some people are competent programmers.

>some people are competent programmers
yeah, they are employees

>be Jow Forums
>hate big corporations cause muh notnet
>hate startups cause muh rip off
Never change

capitalism sucks

Attached: Rich_Geldreich_(@richgel999)_Twitter_-_2018-07-19_10.01.17.png (578x154, 14K)

Maybe those startups should move to areas where those salaries are more competitive

The $7k/month Google intern salary is hurting startups.

>$7k/month
Try $10k/month, with housing paid for.

There's no way that's sustainable. Silicon Valley is going to come crashing down.

Exactly, the startup I work at does dev very far from SanFran. We have an office there full of sales people, but that's it.

t. walmart worker

So does Google. Sorry buddy. Nobody wants your shit pay. Hopefully you can find a desperate new grad to slave away for a few years before getting a better offer.

It's quite the opposite really, we pay more than market rate. But we can afford to, since we actually make money and have investment. That's the difference between a bunch of lads in a basement and an actual working business that also happens to be a startup.

You can giggle all you want, scroogler, but that bubble won't last forever.

"Market rate" in flyoverland where the entire market consists of 5 developers.

it's fine if you are actually given stock in the form of a certain percentage of the company with a reasonable vesting schedule, even better if you have an anti-dilution clause

>t. angry gender studies major working at starbucks drowning in $100k of debt

i got 7 figures in net worth

>t. angry coprorate pajeet slave

not gonna happen unless you join as a CXO

In what exactly?

Good boy points

>Whatever you do, don't join startups

Seriously, everyone should take this advice. I worked at a startup with the promises of "don't worry user, you will be given shares". Looking back, I was making about $5 per hour

yea don't buy that shit, you need detailed documentation and a very clear vesting schedule

even if this bubble bursts, anyone who has half a brain will be banking that shit while the money train is still going strong. you should easily be worth $1M+ by then

i got more than a million in treasuries alone, i would love for the bubble to burst so i can buy up all the real assets.

>tfw live in irrelevant part of the country
>will never join a tech startup and make 6 figures starting

Attached: 1444133188521.png (755x691, 114K)

What is happening is to be expected.
Big corporations are acquiring state-size proportions, and can now set rules.
The best will go work in the big ones. In the same way, in countries where education is public, only those who cannot join the government-run schools will think about working in a private school, as most private schools cannot compete with a public one in terms of salary and conditions.
Small startups will not be able to compete with Google and will have to make do with those who cannot work there.

once you have built enough wealth and are more or less financially independent, you really don't have to chase the biggest paycheck, even if it's fatter by 3X. use your new financial freedom to work at where-ever the fuck you want for whatever the fuck you want. financial freedom gives you so much leverage it's not even funny

financial freedom means not working.

no financial freedom means having the option to not work

Member of an LLC here (33% per member)
So much hate for start ups
My company is an education provider for trades and certs (see first aid and CPR)

I could never start a software company because I couldn't make any money without some stupid app that sells peoples info for money

No one (normies) buys software anymore unless it's Adobe or Office

Attached: 1531835585422-g.png (1704x1136, 855K)

not gonna work for you user unless you can match market rate, eg: google

Man I applied for an internship and got the position, assuming it was at least paying minimum wage. First job, 3rd year of college, no worries. Cunt tried to pay me 4 euro an hour. Quit that day. Fuck startups

FFFFFFF..UU.....UU..CCCCCC..KK.....KK
FFFFFFF..UU.....UU..CCCCCC..KK...KK
FF............UU.....UU..CC............KK..KK
FF............UU.....UU..CC............KKKK
FFFF........UU.....UU..CC............KK..KK
FFFF........UU.....UU..CC............KK...KK
FF............UUUUUU..CCCCCC..KK....KK
FF............UUUUUU..CCCCCC..KK.....KK

>Man I applied for an internship and got the position, assuming it was at least paying minimum wage. First job, 3rd year of college, no worries. Cunt tried to pay me 4 euro an hour. Quit that day. Fuck startups
Actually now that I think about it he initially offered 2 euro an hour which is tragic. That wouldn't even cover the bus.

100k starting is not longer a meem

faangs literally start new grads at 200k now

are startups okay for internships or do they make you look worse

youtube.com/watch?v=FYRldZsVO9I

it's fine, but if you can get internship at faang it'd be better

yep

if:
github, coffee, whiteboard or cloud are mentioned, I walk out.

if you're so good then apply to a few positions in a key area, do interview preferably over the phone then move there.

they will fly you over for interview

>I could never start a software company because I couldn't make any money without some stupid app that sells peoples info for money

Most successful startups aren't consumer facing, they're usually b2b at least for the early stages and are often kept afloat thanks to business connections the founders have. The young genius startup thing is a myth with like a handful of examples you can count on two hands

kek

>like omg wages are shit and havent increased in like forever
>we here at google are paying our employees more making wages increase!
>fucking google stop increasing wages reeeeeee

That's pocket change in Silicon Valley. You've only made it once you've reached 8 figures. I'm not even being ironic.

If you're skilled just apply, I'd love to interview some of you autists.

never, ever, ever, ever intern at a startup
waste of fucking time. it makes your resume look worse.

go FAANG or bust. but no, seriously, avoid local, especially if you're in the bay area.

>github
You must walk out a lot.

Your mom sucks

Maybe don't have your startups in a region where the houses start in the "low 1,000,000s"? Maybe offer something beyond a work schedule that would make even a Japanese salaryman shudder in exchange for "equity"?

Well are you gonna hire me at Google you fucking boomerfag?

Fucking this.

The founders get virtually all of the equity and you have to do the bitchwork for scraps. Why work yourself to the bone so that someone else achieves their dream?

Attached: d.jpg (227x222, 17K)

>incubator
fuck middlemen, for real.

I'd love to work 60 hour weeks and get paid for it
instead of i work 40 hour weeks and commute an additional 20

working anything but insignificant distances from home is a boomer meme.

Being a first employee sucks dick for sure. Startup salary is actually pretty good if you aren't going for third string places, it's just benefits and god only knows how long the gig is going to hold out. Plus even the shitty parts of goole are more fun to work at than for .

Startups are good for when you're ready to realize what a fantastic sham modern capitalism is and realize your life is meaningless and empty while drowning in affluence. That not sound good but it's something you're going to experience at least once so might as well get it out of the way now.

how else are you going to find co founders? discord??

Attached: 1468595782596.gif (225x124, 1.47M)

>not doing everything yourself

It'll all come crashing down very quickly when everyone wakes up from the collective dream that online ads work.

I remember reading a very good article or presentation about this subject, "the promise of advertisement" or something. But I don't remember the title. I wish I could find it again because it was very interesting.

this

'ate startups
'ate nerds
'ate computas
'ate entrepreneurs
'ate california

love google
love facebook
love data mining
love me wife

simple as

Attached: 1519981665464[1].png (1174x664, 58K)

>online ads work
They absolutely work for new businesses tho. And they're cheap also. You can reach people all around the country for a modest budget on adwords.
The alternative is paying thousands to have a leaflet distribution within a single area.

>in America companies pay junior devs 200k/year.
>in Poland I get 25k/year as senior dev with 10 years of experience.
This is depressing.

careers.google.com/how-we-hire/apply/#_

based

This is bullshit.
You would need to be at least L5 to make that much, and unless you're a genius there's no way you will get an L5 job straight out of college.
There's a reason why Silicon Valley is flooded with H1-B poojeets.

levels.fyi/
level 5 can easily hit 400-500k now

lost it at "pho"
mfw studying at a high ranking business school
vietnamese classmates are all about muh startup culture

I just hope they will be fine after 10 years when they see people who had worse grades than them making 10x their salary.

>people who had worse grades than them making 10x their salary.
Why do you think that will happen? Do tech companies not care about grades?

>$7k
kek nice larp

This

>housing
Most of us call that
"the parking lot"
lol @ losers who work for google
would not hire anyone who worked there
it's kiss of death

Nope, it was actually a 1 bedroom apartment all to myself a block away from the bus stop that takes me to campus. Nobody who makes 700k a year is going to want to work for your shitty company.

>bus stop
ahahahahahahahahahahah
>m-millennials aren't interested in owning cars

Attached: google_employee.jpg (560x682, 84K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1646x858, 535K)

Pho is alright but banh mi is the patrician Vietnamese dish

what am i looking at here

if the people with better grades simply just choose to apply for shitty startups instead of proper companies this will haappen

What kind of hellish nightmare company only lets you work on a laptop? Fuck that noise, they need to give you a dock with an actual monitor.

>tfw I'll never make anywhere even near 100k
The life of retail brainlet is suffering

>Not struggling to pay bills and eating fast food everyday

You're not a real person. Only poor people are real people

I worked at one in Canada. It was every bit as awful as you would expect. People I worked with generally had massive egos and talked a huge game, so coming from a lethargic corporate environment, I was really impressed and excited when I first came in. But gradually I found out that they couldn't deliver on their promises, the past projects they hyped so much were either not as successful as portrayed or downright failures, and we invested a lot of time and effort for clients who usually amounted to nothing. I thought my boss, this dude with an Impreza WRX, was really cool at first, but I soon found out that he was just a massive faggot on an even more massive ego trip. Worst of all I stupidly took a pay cut to work for something "exciting". It just turned out to be a nightmarish mix of hot air and borderline slavery.

After 7 months I couldn't take it anymore, and I called up my old manager to try and get back in with my old company. I ended up landing a pretty good position, and handed in my letter of resignation to my boss at the incubator. I thought I could keep it professional and cordial, but then he started spouting a bunch of shit about how he "had a feeling" that I didn't "have what it takes". That quickly devolved into a shouting match in his office, which ended with me quite literally walking out the door and telling them to take their notice period and go fuck themselves with it. Easily set my career back a year or more working for those nigs.

Our boy mootles is doing well, right?