/sqt/ General

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread.
Watermelon edition.

Attached: 1532013428999.jpg (1347x2057, 1020K)

Other urls found in this thread:

donjon.bin.sh/5e/monsters/
e13.livecamtv.me/zmelive/3Ag5IH2wQcvDhKe1ByFu/chunklist.m3u8
youtu.be/dg5Rxj20wSI
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
mltframework.org/docs/melt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I created a Systemd timer to execute a script every minute, the timer works, but it doesn't seem to execute my script. Any idea guys?

[Unit]
Description=Send a notification

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/battery.sh

[Unit]
Description=Runs batterywarn every hour

[Timer]
# Time to wait after booting before we run first time
OnBootSec=2min
# Time between running each consecutive time
OnUnitActiveSec=1min
Unit=batterywarn.service

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

#! /bin/bash
#Simple script that checks for the battery and sends a notification it also plays a sound, nice.
cv=(24) #Critical Value
hcv=$(("$cv" / 2))
bp=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT*/capacity |awk '{print $1}')

if [ "$bp" -le "$cv" ]; then
notify-send -u normal -t 10000 "Battery is low" && paplay $HOME/.slow-spring-board.ogg
else
if [ "$bp" = "$hcv" ]; then
notify-send -u critical -t 5000 "Battery is running out"
fi
fi

Attached: tumblr_n6nke38gge1si6fj8o6_1280.jpg (800x1200, 137K)

Posted this in a previous thread but didn't really get any answers.

Ever since a power surge back in March my PC blue screens at the Windows logo if I'm doing a cold boot. Then it restarts itself and goes into Windows no problem. At first it would crash during use as well, but fucking with the SATA cable seems to have fixed it, for some reason.

Any idea what's going on and how I can fix it? It's Windows 7 on an old Kingston SSD.

>nice.

This is a nice script.

Attached: burypinkgirl.png (5000x4859, 1.42M)

Can I lower the "memory level" where chromium/chrome starts discarding tabs?

Right now it seems to be at like 200mb RAM left which is buttfucked retarded since half my shit has already been moved to slow page file at that point.

Attached: When it was snow outside My friend used to pretend to piss from a fanta bottle and I would eat the y (1360x109, 5K)

Try adding Type=oneshot to the service file. If that doesn't work add /bin/bash to the front of ExecStart.

The memory management systems that high level programmers create, do a better job then anything you think you can "optimize".

I need to move 1-2 dozen TB by plane.
I was looking to consolidate it into 6TB+ drives. Is there any downside to the 8 or 10TB ones (apart from cost?)

I wish I had a gf like that.

[@Thinkpad ~]$ systemctl status batterywarn.service
● batterywarn.service - Send a notification
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/batterywarn.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2018-07-21 12:06:13 -05; 46s ago
Process: 11928 ExecStart=/bin/bash /usr/local/bin/battery.sh (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 11928 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Looks like the problem is in the service.

>memory management systems
It's literally a single hard limit retard. Then it discards one tab every 5 seconds until its under it again.

what is she going to do with that watermelon?

Brasilian leg squeeze probably

For some reason, it changed.

[@Thinkpad ~]$ systemctl status batterywarn.service
● batterywarn.service - Send a notification
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/batterywarn.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2018-07-21 12:10:05 -05; 14min ago
Main PID: 11984 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

jul 21 12:10:05 Thinkpad systemd[1]: Starting Send a notification...
jul 21 12:10:05 Thinkpad bash[11984]: open() No existe el fichero o el directorio
jul 21 12:10:05 Thinkpad systemd[1]: batterywarn.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
jul 21 12:10:05 Thinkpad systemd[1]: batterywarn.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
jul 21 12:10:05 Thinkpad systemd[1]: Failed to start Send a notification

I don't get it.

Are you seriously telling me there's no way to add/update links in a saved session without opening all of it and saving all of it it again?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Can I install MS network framework 4.6.1 without any problems or does it come with telemetry?

It's a framework not a program m8.
And if you're autistic about telemetry you can just block all of it in your hosts file.

Will node.js really push PHP overthe cliff? I'm currently learning php+Laravel and i don't want to waste time on something that will eventually die.
PHP had alot of hate before 5.6, but we're on 7.2 now and things are way better. PHP alsos beats node.js in benchmarks.
Tired of thoses discussions...

Why not just organise bookmarks into folders?

Any way to fix Windows 10 thrashing the disk for literally 15+ minutes on every start up? It's for a normie that can't into Linux (100% requires MS Office). Also, what's a good Antivirus for normies?

MBR problem. Try checking that out.

Fix all programs that are set to execute on start-up? Malwarebytes.

My Windows 7 broke and now I am pissed. I wanna reinstall it on the same partition but Windows refuses to do it. I read online that erasing the entire disk helps but I got my 1,5 TB backup partition on that disk.
How fucked am I ? I know that installed windows 7 on a hard disk once without completely wiping it.

I want to copy the contents of this database to my private database.
donjon.bin.sh/5e/monsters/

Is there any way to do this without copying every entry by hand?

I mainly use session buddy because it keeps previous sessions cached in case I have a crash or something and chrome doesn't restore my tabs.

I also think it's generally better at bookmarks except for that specific thing

What error does it give you? Have you tried formatting the specific partition that crashed?
Also, your image must be from the same size, or lower, than the target partition.

I need to build a new PC. Its main purpose will be to run several Android ROMs in Android Studio everyday.
Can I do that with Ryzen or should I go with Intel?

just create a new partition that's as large as possible and install it there.
Then just move all your shit to the new partition and remove the old one. Resize the new/old partition halfway if you need to

i want to disable hyper threading in my computer, but there is no option in BIOS menu.
i know how to disable it in my Gentoo partition, disabling it from the kernel.
But, i need help to disable it for my w7 partition, there is any way?
Thanks.

Just so you know, you're going to get answers from people who have never run Android Studio but still want you to buy from [My Favorite] billion dollar corporation

Just take off the heat spreader and cut off the extra thread going into every core.

Yeah, works now. Had to unplug my ssd with Linux for reasons I guess

I can already guess the answer to this, but if I care about my privacy should I ever touch the built in vpn settings on Windows 10?

is a 1080ti worth the cost compared to a 1080? planning on getting an 8700k with a 1440p 165hz display. not really planning on running high settings in games or heavy gpu workloads

Wait for the 11*5's being released soon, they are the same prices, no reason to buy old tech this close to release of new hardware,thats miles better then the 1080ti

Which produces higher quality, two-pass encoding or CRF?

two pass gives around 10% more quality bit for bit at the cost of almost twice the encoding time

someone help getting this link to play in mpv?

e13.livecamtv.me/zmelive/3Ag5IH2wQcvDhKe1ByFu/chunklist.m3u8

is there a task manager/process hacker equivalent on android that is free?

also, whats the best chromium fork for windows/kali?

did Jow Forums really meme you into using that shit?

mpv is superior in every aspect

I'm trying to search through the archives for c++ book recommendations but C++ doesn't search even when I put quotes around it. Tried it on warosu and on rebeccablacktech and neither works. How do I get this shit to search?
I don't want to have the books spoonfed to me I'd like to be able to search for shit myself

Attached: 1527986268424.jpg (491x757, 84K)

Is that a stream? I can't open it.

youtu.be/dg5Rxj20wSI

try putting quotes and if that doesn't work, try using plain youtube-dl. it works for some random streams sometimes better than mpv

Yeah it's boxing live stream. And the site has a terrible design and filled with ads.

Do you have Youtube-dl installed, right? rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

Yeah. Maybe I'm missing some some args?

Attached: ytdl.png (641x129, 10K)

I just got a new phone that doesn't have a micro-sd slot. They both use USB-C, and I think they both support OTG. Can I just plug them in with a usb-C to usb-C cable to transfer files?

Where to buy cherry mx blue rgb switches?

Attached: 1517388073117.jpg (1280x720, 316K)

You need to add Type=oneshot to the service file so that systemd knows that the script is supposed to close once it finishes running.

I wish I was that watermelon.

rosewill rk9000

Is there a better alternative to windows file explorer?

I want to stream some media files from my linux desktop computer to my windows 10 laptop. Which is the correct way to do it?

I like your file name. I don't know if chrome lets you change that limit but you could check chrome:///flags or try other browsers. Or you could have less tabs and use bookmarks.

just share them using samba

Eat it probably.

What exactly do you mean? A complete replacement or just adding additional features?

I already did/
1 [Unit]
2 Description=Send a notification
4 [Service]
5 Type=oneshot
6 ExecStart=/bin/bash /home/diego/.config/i3/battery.sh

It doens't work.

Looks like yt-dl isn't compatible with that site.

i suppose additional features, but id think a replacement would have more to offer

Bump. Plugging the two together with with a USB-C to USB-C cable that came with the new phone, there weren't any pop ups. I can't find and C to C otg adapters/cables. Am I missing something?

>backup
>partition
>backup partition
You're doing something very wrong annon.

Directory Opus and Total Commander might be what you're looking for but they aren't free

I just built my new PC with a Ryzen 2600X and 16GB B-Die 3200Mhz RAM. The RAM is currently running at only 2133mhz and I'm assuming I need to enable the XMP profile for 3200mhz in the bios, but how do I overclock them to, say, 3400mhz? Also, where in the BIOS do I enable the option that makes my CPU automatically overclock itself when it needs the extra power? My board is an MSI X470 Gaming Pro.

Attached: 1446299385779.png (510x346, 209K)

What's the best free e-mailed lookup service? I'm trying to figure out if I'm being scammed or not

Attached: Richard_Stallman_by_Anders_Brenna_01.jpg (3504x2336, 2.68M)

>how do i open the motherboard manual and read the table of contents

Anyone?

>stupid questions general
>but please don't ask stupid questions
ok

has any here use or used a similar program like Program Lasso? my pc isnt great and was thinking maybe this will help performance. a8-6600k gtx750

There are stupid questions and then there are people who just didn't even fucking try to solve their own question before they came to the thread and made a post.
Everything you just asked can be answered by reading your mobo manual. You're expecting all of us to use your mobo and have specific experience with its exact layout and structure.
You'd be better off fucking going in to the bios and looking around and changing relevant settings then coming back with an informed question on specifics, rather then broad generics

To add, I tried pipl, Intelius, SPYTOX, but I haven't found any information about who the email could be connected to
Does someone know of a better free email lookup service?

Frens I need help with ffmpeg. I know how to use it, I'm just curious if I can specifically use it to cut a video and then make a webm out of that clip? What I mean is

>Have full length film
>Don't have snippet of the clip from it that I want to immediately convert it
>Is it possible to load the entire film into ffmpeg
>Cut a specified scene from between two times
>Convert that specified scene to webm

Or would I need to use something else to cut the clip, save the clip, then open the clip in ffmpeg in order to convert it? Is it the multi-tool I think it is or am I being a retard?

Guys? Anything?

>I'm just curious if I can specifically use it to cut a video and then make a webm out of that clip
Yes

Attached: ffmpeg2.png (2400x2360, 777K)

>tfw you make a new best friend
>tfw he's Satan

Th-thanks a bunch, senpai.

-ss to specify where the clip starts
-t to specify the duration of the clip

ffmpeg alone is all you really need for this case, but if you want to get even crazier on the command line, look at melt
mltframework.org/docs/melt/

Thanks my dude, I'll give that a look at too. It's always handy to have an alternative as well.

For whatever reason Windows 7 slows down every so often and causes everything to slow to a crawl, particularly scrolling in a browser, but it only lasts a few seconds.
Is there a way to narrow this down to see what the cause is?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahou Tsukai no Yome - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.32_[2018.03.25_14.26.57].png (1122x719, 1.12M)

what's the best place to find macos sierra torrents?
>inb4 autistic super sekrit club private tracker

Sounds like something is eating your computer's CPU or GPU from time to time. You probably need to make sure that you don't have any rouge processes running. Check your task manager for shit that looks fishy. Check your startup for anything that looks fishy. And before all that, update your fucking video drivers because I know you haven't

36ab
c8cc11e3
7a00

If I'm reading the above instructions byte by byte is it

45 36 ab c8 cc 11 e3 7a 00

or

45 ab 36 e3 11 cc c8 00 7a?

Attached: 1531265308214.png (1200x1000, 46K)

are there any good tools for removing image metadata on linux?

Attached: 1530094064578.jpg (7275x4840, 2.69M)

Is it worth getting Windows 10 LTSB on a gaming pc?

What arch? If x86, the bottom

I've done all that though.
MSE is the only thing that runs at startup, no processes seem abnormal and GPU drivers are on their latest version.

>exiftool -all

Thanks user, it is x86

$ man exiftool

>exiftool -all= dst.jpg
> Delete all meta information from an image.

how do i make honeyview save the last file that was seen in a directory?

Attached: 1529548108189.png (544x638, 619K)

is there anything with a GUI...? (・・;)

help what do I pick?
I like programming low level things like dsp software for audio... but I also like cars. I can only pick one ;~;

Attached: Screenshot (9).png (393x351, 21K)

holy fuck it's one simple as shit command. If you want to do any entire directory "exiftool -all *" works great.

I'm too dumb to set up samba. Help please.

Read a tutorial on how to set up samba. Alternative: just go back to Windows.

why

Attached: gboard just doesn't werks.webm (720x1280, 1.74M)

Sorry, I'm trying to learn linux but networking is such a clusterfuck.
I'll check a tutorial.

File a bug report. That's out of the scope of a "stupid questions" thread.

Yes, networking is a clusterfuck, Windows just hid it from you. Also, most of the tutorials you are reading online are super duper out of out-of-date and that will only aggravate the issue. Streaming is not an easy plug-and-play technology yet. At least in the FOSS world.