How much did I fuck up?

Just ordered this, how bad is it?

neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIV11H6J78974

Looking for something that lasts for a while with a good screen (hopefully close to frameless), decent but not crazy cpu speed and RAM, ok size SSD and good finish. No need for good gpu, not into Gaming.

If my choice is shit, pls suggest something better.

Attached: 0B1DA89E-B418-47A3-8834-2F2F932CE04B.jpg (1057x639, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA29P7AW2867
ibm.com/support/home/warranty-lookup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly bump

Buy a Thinkpad or fuck off

Rude. I use one at work and it’s a piece of shit

You could have gotten similar specs for half the price. What a retard.

Its what you get for not researching.

Gib link. I can still send it back

Since you're really not going to be able to play games at a full resolution that that panel is doing with a 1050m, you might be better off saving $300 and getting a laptop with the same specs but a 1080p screen.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA29P7AW2867

Thanks for the info. I truly don’t care about gaming though, still a problem?

Donated $20

In that case then what you found might be the best bet for you. Its a solid piece of hardware for the price.

>Refurbished
>Dell

Thanks user

Unreliable?

>1k for refurb

Help a noob out user

If not gayming its okay. You still got utterly fucked specwise though the chassis might be better than competitors.

Can you point me to something with comparable specs and less $ ?

That's not a thinkpad.

> 3840 x 2160

Nevermind me. I'm a retard, might actually be decent at that price. Assuming 1080p I could have gotten cheaper laptops with better specs in europe with 25% VAT.

which one

Not sure on top of my head. Some 3 year old business laptop with an i7. One of the batteries just died

lmao if you think the ThinkPad is shit, your standards for laptops must be unobtainium.

Yes, you made a mistake. ALL consumer laptops are a mistake.
They're made out of cheap plastic, are difficult to take apart and will crack and fragment at the slightest drop.
The warranty and associated customer service is garbage.

Buy a ~new~ ThinkPad with the best possible warranty (this is the only reason you should buy new business laptops), and you will get 5 years of no questions asked, next business day on-site repair with accidental damage.

>3 years old
Unsurprising that the battery died, all batteries only last 5 years even if you don't treat them like shit.
It's also probably time to replace the thermal paste in that thing.

p.s. to redeem the warranty on a new ThinkPad just go here and file a ticket: ibm.com/support/home/warranty-lookup
You will never have to speak to a real person.

Good to know, but why are any new ones so fucking expensive? Any laptop with a similar resolution screen seems very expensive on their website.

The only ThinkPads with a 4K display, customized to have similar specs in the OP, (i7-7700HQ or i7-8650U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD), cost $1650 for the T580, and ~$2000 for the P51. Not including tax.

First of all, the familiar ThinkPad X, T, and P lines are built to be taken apart by the end-user and offer superior durability in literally every sense, from shock to water to dust compared to any consumer brand laptop.

Consumer laptops are cheap because you've got a customer who wants the cheapest possible thing, and an overworked engineer with limited time and budget and who has to crap these things out every year. It's sort of like why consumer wireless routers are garbage and need to be reset all the time.

The story is opposite of business laptops. They're priced towards the higher-end corporate market because corporates can't be assed to deal with failing merchandise all the time.

In regards to specifically Lenovo's issues with 4K displays, they are a very "conservative" company and unlike Apple will not go out of their way to upend manufacturing in China and Taiwan based on a whim.

They will only incorporate displays that are already being manufactured.

by the way it's cheaper to just buy and install the RAM and SSD yourself. You'll probably save yourself a few hundred bucks

Thank you for the useful info user