What should I do Jow Forums?

What should I do Jow Forums?
>Made an IOS App (petty much fully functional)
>was using github to store code
>never attacked a software licenses (all the source files we're copyrighted tho because xcode automatically generates copy right headers)
>never released it (It's been a year since I've worked on it)
>check the App Store
>someone published it and is charging money for it.
I'm conflicted. I'm glad someone cared enough to publish it but I'm pissed they're charging money for it. What should I do?

Attached: 1530423229486.jpg (466x466, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_of_1976
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why are you glad someone is cucking you LMAO
get MAD
get ANGRY

Install Gentoo.

Because I didn't want to go through the process of publishing it. I wouldn't be mad if he made it free

>never attacked a software licenses
Be more like RMS.

I meant attached, but if I made it the gpl license he couldn't charge for it correct?

Idk, bro. I'm just here to make fun of you.

Maybe converse with them? try to figure out a compensation amount based on the sale figures.

Attached: ye.png (127x110, 31K)

You can charge money for GPL software.

How do i do that if I'm autistic?

Contact Google and ask what it takes to prove you are the one that put it on github and are the software's legitimate copyright owner.

You are a weirdo irl ,right?

why did you publish it on the internet in the first place if this is not LARP

*Apple, whoops, not Google.

I'm eccentric. Not as weird or submissive as you, though.

>How do i do that if I'm autistic?
Find a jew.

Attached: thefuck.png (1811x944, 742K)

Yeah I'm definetly doing that. I also attached my name inside the app and he didn't even remove it, so he published the proof.
Not a larp. Because I didn't think anyone would actually publish it. I just wanted to use my github for resume building.

Cringe

>(insert meme here)

there is no hope for you, there is no way you can proove the app or code belongs to you, that is why there are so many copycat apps on the playstore
just publish your app

link to your github?

I would advise against this.

>there is no way you can proove the app or code belongs to you
Yeah there, in fact, it's incredibly easy. Even if two programs have the exact same functionality on the surface they still have minute differences in implementation. Disassembling the binary would make it very obvious if any copying was done.

He could, and GPL wouldn't have prevented this from happening, you just probably wouldn't have felt like it was 'stolen' from you. The difference is now he can pass it off as his own work, license it as proprietary, prevent others from redistributing or modifying it, etc.

>some pajeet is selling this guys software

Attached: bbe.png (1024x1024, 91K)

open source software licenses are joke out of murrica. they are just bunch of long retarded texts. if a project is open sourced everyone can steal it completely or part of it and you can do nothing about it.

Your commits on the git repository should be before that moron published it, should be enough for Google

>I'm conflicted. I'm glad someone cared enough to publish it but I'm pissed they're charging money for it. What should I do?
Have you contacted apple about a copyright infringement using your own code on their platform?

thats literally app store 101 at any moment any pajeet can clone your app and start cucking away your buyers/user base, thats why you have to be all the time updating adding new stuff, fixing bugs, fixing UI etc.
Now, if this pajeet stole your code make a case with apple (I dont know what you mean by headers being copyrighted, but this dude probably compiled your code and those headers should cover for it at least).
do something you cuck, you shouldn't let pajeets and chinks ruin software like this

Attached: Frotty.jpg (1280x853, 216K)

can you prevent this by lacing your code with references to some sort of key file need for compilation that you just don't publish onto github?

it just has to be annoying enough for pajeet to get frustrated and move onto the next person's repository

Publish it for free and such away their base.

go shoot up a mosque (with facts) and blow (their minds)

Contact apple tell them your copyright has been violated and that they should remove the app. If they dont give a shit, your only option us to sue them.

What does your app do? I'm curious.

Also, that's what you get for not licensing your code. You should have distributed it under BSD or GPL license.

>using shithub, where your code is open to everyone to steal it

Are you retarded?

You're wrong. Both BSD and GPL would *enable* others to sell his app on the appstore. Not having any license is equivalent to "all right reserved". Read up on what Berne Convention is.

Publish your app for free. If your code proceeds his then you just fucked him, no?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_of_1976

> The difference is now he can pass it off as his own work, license it as proprietary, prevent others from redistributing or modifying it, etc.
No he can't? The difference is right now the work is copyrighted and not released under any license so legally the other guy has no rights WHATSOEVER. If it had been GPL, then he'd have been able to do what he did (which is illegal right now), but still not what you're describing. It would have to be WTFPL for that.

If the code is GPL'd then Pajeet can be forced to release source code.

What's the point? You won't be able to stop them from selling it.

>What should I do Jow Forums?
Ask a Jew if you can sue.

>prevent others from redistributing or modifying it, etc.
He can't prevent OP from redistributing it or releasing it under whatever license OP chooses though. That would ultimately trump whatever the other person is doing.

I wrote him a letter basically saying I didn't give him permission to do it, and to take it down

How did that work out?

>itt big reason to not store anything of value on the cloud...

>his response

Attached: 1487625826054.png (670x360, 283K)

That's very apt.

He removed it

If you want to make money off it never store it in a public repo. Period.

>Opensoars cucks literally can't make money because they are too limpwristed to not store their data on sjwhub where some Chad rajeet stole it and charges 2.99 for
What else is new

Attached: 1513883482137.jpg (385x385, 27K)

Bullshit. There's no way he just backed off without lawyers involved.

pajeets can afford lawyers

>faggot McFaggerson,
Please stop using my software!
>Michael Binder
This is a notice of seize and desist
Which would you take seriously?

You'd have to get GitHub affirm that the commits were pushed at the given times. You can manually set the date inside the actual commit.
This. What the publisher did breaks copyright law and OP has every right to get the app out of the store.

DMCA and demand payment for profits. First part is easy. Second, I don't know.

i meant to say pajeets can't afford a lawyer, but yeah.

dude should have full rights if he can prove the commits were published before the iOS store publish date.

You fucked up get

>dude should have full rights if he can prove the commits were published before the iOS store publish date.
>should have full rights.
I know in that in a perfect world, OP would get his way; but we don't live in a perfect world, the thief could get away with this. I'm just saying , the pajeet in question could just ignore a faggy letter from OP. I would wait for legal issues to stop selling an app.

Release it for free yourself