Windows Package Manager

If Windows had a native package manager, that didn't suck ass.

Do you think normies would actually use it?

And would you reconsider Windows?
(Not as going back, more like jumping from a 3 to a 4/10)

Attached: choco_install.gif (678x459, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I doubt normies would use it because they get scared shitless when they have to type commands.

And I wouldn't need to reconsider it since i already use it desu

Heh, wtf are you talking about? Windows package manager update is great

Attached: appstore.png (1208x952, 64K)

They'd probably download a GUI for it.

What are you using, that choco thing?
Currently getting myself back into windows cause of work, an actual working manager would be appreciated.

No, people don't want to remember how to use commands.

FWIW, scoop isn't terrible, though, and y'all should check it out

Normalfags cannot use the command line. The GUI was primarily created for normalfags. There are exceptions where a GUI is better than the command line, but they are primarily used to help normalfags use computers.
Widespread normalfag adoption of the CLI will never happen, and normalfags don't care about package managers because most of their program usage is an internet browser that automatically updates itself and a package manager for bideogaymes.

>2018
>cmd lines
the fuck outta here

>I install an operating system and judge it based on it's GUI
>WHY DONT WE HAVE A CLI TO DO EVERYTHING
I mean go back to fucking linux you dumb cunts and stop crying about CLIs in Zinbows

What?

>cmd lines
That's powershell

Pretty accurate desu

It has 4.
WStore
NuGet
Choco
Scoop

Take your pic sweetie, we aren't a locked down system like Linux.

>Implying you're not a normie

>package manager that didn’t suck ass
Chocolatey, but yeah... sucks ass

>normies using package manager
No. They’re too much indoctrinated with setup.exe to try anything else. If they got that far at all, that is.

>reconsider windows
fuck no. There’s so much wrong with that OS, it’s not even funny.

>Do you think normies would actually use it?
Ubuntu has an "app store", figure out yourself

So doesn’t Mint and the same goes for Snap. Mildly annoying at best, unusable at worst

Guaranteed has never used chocolatey. You larpers really just need to shut the fuck up for once.

I'm... really impressed desu by OP's pic. Can I install powershell on GNU/Linux?

I mean a Gui, wouldn't even that bad if a good manager existed in the first place. I tried scoop the last few days, but it seems more limited than default pacman.

github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell

It’s that the hangup with getting a package manager is that it absolute must have a GUI or it simply won’t be used because people are so fucking allergic to text on a screen.
I don’t know what you think is happening when you click buttons. It isn’t magic. It’s literally the same exact thing, GUI is simply hiding the actual process behind a fwiendwy pictuwr

>he wants to press numerous buttons over two mouse clicks
it rly gets me thinkin...

Did use it and still do about every other day. I’ll give you that it’s okayish. My gripe is probably more with the lack of packages. I mean... about every fucking piece of commercial software comes with an install wizard. But only half of them allow you to run them in silent mode and fewer still are packaged for chocolatey...

how about he doesn't want to keep repeating menial tasks all the fucking time because sudo apt-get install firefox chromium vlc is faster than
>google firefox
>download exe
>wait for exe
>double click
>next next next finish
>delete exe
>repeat for every fucking program
some things belong in the cli, off yourself you brainlet

lul
>inb4 phoneposter

Attached: Capture+_2018-07-21-13-07-26.png (1440x2672, 262K)

You could include PSGallery as a package manner for sys admins. It is borderline incapable of handling dependencies if you uninstall anything though.

Not chocolatey. It does not install some programs well, like firefox and libreoffice.
It does not check the box for adding python to PATH.

Also, don't even get me started on multilanguage or addons support.

Did you try others too?

Majority of programs people use have their own updaters. Nevermind the fact majority just use a browser and MAYBE a separate music client.
So try again sweaty, it's clear you love justifying wasting your time typing shit.
I spend most of my time in the cli anyways, but you're completely fucking delusional if you think that's faster than pressing the 'restart chrome' button after an update.

this wasn't even about updating you dumb faggot, and how is having extra separate processed for every program that check for updates on start better than one centralized package manager, stop justifying your gay fear of text and go back to facebook, you won't convince anyone here

Just installed Firefox just fine.
Are you sure you were running root?

Multilanguage in the case of Firefox can be done by additional command line arguments. You do have to took up what they are since there are no standards.

Don't backpedal now that you were proven incorrect. The cli isn't always fastest, and updating is an example where it just isn't. Admit you're wrong rather than doubling down like a complete bumbling fool with accusations that don't make any fucking sense.

how the fuck is sudo apt-get upgrade slower than clicking a button ON EVERY FUCKING PROGRAM, PLUS HAVING TO CLOSE THEM TO UPDATE
are you baiting or honestly retarded, I can't tell anymore