Dave Jones confirmed for scrub

Dave Jones confirmed for scrub.

Attached: cs-1.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

he is an electrical engineer, not a computer "scientist"

Of course. That doesn't make the program less scrubby.

what is wrong

Not using integer division/modulo instead of a gazillion copy-pasted test cases.

Attached: cs-2.png (890x670, 88K)

I honestly have no idea what he was supposed to do.

t. math illiterate

I'm gonna re-iterate what the guy you're responding to said. Electrical Engineers have better things to do than sit there and slave over code. There's a reason we went into EE and not code monkey jobs. If the code fuckin works it works, we have more important things to do than sit there and wax our dicks over clean looking code.

who?

except then you have to refactor that 600 conditions if and modify every statement one by one. In fact he is wasting more time writing that shit. Wouldn't that time transfer to more EE related stuff?
dumb fuck

Post your code then

He was supposed to use modulo to chech whether the remainder was 0 because by definition, all even numbers are evenly divisible into 2.

if usernum % 2 == 0

Attached: code_oddities.png (2752x4342, 742K)

I'm talking about OP's pic, but okay...

if num >= 1000:
tmp = str(num)[:1] + "000.wav"
merge_wav_files(f"{filename}{voice_path}{tmp}")
num -= int(str(num)[:1]+"000")
same idea applies for the 2nd part of the code. i'm by no means an expert of python but it's a very easy tool to use for things like these.

Disclaimer: I don't know the operators in Visual Basic by heart, but I believe integer division is backslash, in which case:
If num >= 1000 Then
MergeWAVfiles AppendFilename, VoicePath + Str$(num \ 1000) + "000.wav"
num = num Mod 1000
End If

There's probably also something to be said for passing filenames and voice paths and all the crap around all over the place too, but that's a lesser problem, at least.

>str(num)[:1]
Wow, you're almost as bad.

Meant for

That guy who played Crocodile Dundee

Mechanical engineer here, I have better things to do than fix poorly written code, so it's best if I write it effectively and simply the first time, even if sometimes I have to rub a few braincells together to do it.

Just don't be a scrub.

it works and it's shorter. how would you do it? what's the propper way?

What's wrong?!

>num // 1000

>Using BASIC

based