I'm going to start reading this today. What am I in for, Jow Forums?

I'm going to start reading this today. What am I in for, Jow Forums?

Attached: DcrvINkXcAEOSCh.jpg (768x1024, 122K)

Basic introduction to computing programming, which 90% programmer never will get.

this

also consider reading HtDP. though it doesn't cover the scope of SICP, it's a very practical book for design patterns.

One hell of a ride

Anyone else drop SICP?
People hype it up like its the secret to enlightenment but its just a beginner book
Was too bored from the first two chapters or so to continue

a meme

going to get memed really hard. enjoy the autism tho

yeah i just read CLRS and watching pajeet tutorials on youtube and i'm better than every single SICP faggot, and in a quarter of the time

a waste of time

Brainlet. True programmers read SICP and CLRS and work through TAOCP for fun.

If SICP is too boring, try TAOCP.

Attached: taocp.jpg (835x1000, 206K)

it's a reference book, when you need to find details about a topic that other books just mention, you open this and find a whole section about it. but i don't think anybody would actually read it thoroughly.

i would actually like to read it but i know nothing about lisp and i just can't wrap my mind around functional languages.

>What am I in for, Jow Forums?
Enjoy brain damage

Yes. I did find Lisp to be a fun programming language to mess around with, though.

This is basically an encyclopedia you know

It's fine, you'll have fun.

Can I read it in at least 1 week?
Usually i take 3-4 days reading a book

Are you going to take the time to do the exercises and follow along properly? You should.

Should I feel bad if I can't make my way around some excercises?
I got stuck in a excercise where I had to convert an recursive process to an iterative one

Attached: 07FE040EFF454BE589B27B010BF82437.jpg (640x793, 59K)

lmao
it's gonna take you months at least if you do the exercises (which you should retard)

The only reason I would find to read TAOCP whole would be doing a PhD in algorithm research or some shit like that

Go forward, come back to it later. Sometimes they'll wreck you.

did anyone in this thread actually read it?

unironically useful threads don't get any hit.

It is normal to not understand everything you do the first time you do it. This applies to basically anything that requires thought. That other user is right. Just move forward when you get stuck and revisit it at a later time. As long as you're actually putting in the effort, you should never feel bad about getting stuck. You'll get it all figured out eventually.

Judging by your skin color.
It should be an interesting read.

Attached: 1494414125624.jpg (450x200, 27K)

it's a meme nigga, like lmao just learn javascript, you fucking neet monkey, lmao.

what topics does it cover?

drop the meme-tier book and go read a book on how to write clean code

why did you get the abridged version

I didn't read, lol

Attached: serveimage (10).jpg (1079x759, 342K)

Well it's a meme book but better than watching shitty animus. Keep reading.

>never read it while actually doing any of the code he wrote
I find it just to be a helpful guide on how to perceive problems and solve them non impericaly, don't try to follow it on your first go at it, would recommend to ask your prophesor if you are struggling with any concepts too

I was reading it until two months ago. Needed to stop because of uni, but I'll be back on track on Monday. Some exercises are pretty hard or time-consuming.

depends on your prior background