DDR5 IS HERE!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1510443187962.png (726x686, 360K)

Still slower than GDDR5, why bother?

Let the price gouging continue

LPDDR5 != DDR5.

LPDDR5=DDR5=GDDR5

lol no

lol yes

lol maybe.

Because it serves as vram and system ram. gddr5 is dogshit for system ram. Snapdragon 835 has quad-channel 16 bit 1866mhz support (ie 30GB/s). Newer lpddr5 could allow for faster clocks (maybe 35GB/s) due to power efficiency. That's fucking insane when you consider this all has to fit inside a 5 watt max tdp package.

Graphics memories are way different from regular memories.

It's telling that Samsung is going strait for LPDDR5 with zero care about higher voltage DDR5 for desktop computers.. I'm guessing we wouldn't even have DDR5 already if it weren't for the mobile space pushing.

I'm glad there's a lot of competition in that space. Laptop/Desktop innovation is dead.

The goal is convergence. Both CPU and GPU sharing very fast, low latency memory.

Why don't we just use LPDDR5 for desktop?

Doesn't DDR always get lower voltages with each generation and smaller processes?

Latency.

Attached: 1moryu.jpg (952x500, 105K)

Then why GDDR3 is faster than DDR4.

The last time DRAM manufacturers jumped into a generation without guaranteed support Intel dragged their feet and we had bottom of the barrel prices on RAM. There's a reason why Samsung, who controls their mobile supply chain, is going for LPDDR5 which is likely to go straight into phones exclusively for years.

On an unrelated note, I doubt DRAM prices will ever go so low again. They will probably level off somewhere in between

There is a big chance of them going low again if China completes their plan of Producing their own DRAM.

this, chinese nand production has already crashed ssd prices this year, rams are coming next

So what is their current situation, how many fabs are out the low yield rate hell?

Will they ever improve latency to ram?

Gddr5 is based on ddr3, retard.
It's not? It's simply has wider bus due to controller architecture. Epycs with 3600 ram, if you'll manage to make it work, should have similar bandwidth to the low-end gddr5 gpus.

Does it mean I'll finally be able to buy RAM without selling a kidney?

So will this mean DDR4 will be depreciated soon?

The absolute state...

and it's bootyfull