Best language - time to argue

ALRIGHT Jow Forums
It's fuckin time to argue

What's the best programming language of all time?

Attached: cia.png (802x854, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/index.html?java/util/Calendar.html
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=db
pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off

FORTRAN, it literally lasted more than half a century for a reason

C

Probably this desu if we're talking all time

A tie between two scripting languages that exemplify polar opposite philosophical and political ideologies: Perl representing Anglo-American Classical Liberal Pragmatism and Python representing Germanic European Reflective Conservative Traditionalism

Attached: most.jpg (600x600, 62K)

Python

Kotlin.

t. 30 year old boomer

t. data """scientist""" that can barely write a class

C#

Prove me wrong.

C# works on .NET and makes you a Microsoft cunt while based Kotlin can work on the JVM, be compiled to javascript, or be deployed natively. Plus it works across platforms.

Came here to post this.

HolyC obviously.

It isn't niggerlicious

binary. The problem with it is humans are too slow at writing it.

COBOL
How else would we swipe our credit cards?

Top 5 at least.

Imagine living this far in the past.

You'd have a point if you posted this argument in 2012. The entire dotnet stack is now free under MIT. It's totally cross platform, and the runtime was even compiled into webassembly (blazor). Core is legitimately excellent. Dotnet is going places.

What places? To automating tasks on Windows Servers?

Wew lad, you just don't know at all.

I know Kotlin > C#

Obviously Racket without a doubt

Attached: lisp.png (623x623, 46K)

Okay, so the thing about C# vs Java is they have always been direct competitors so they are very similar. But C# has always had the best standard library api, and C# simply rocketed ahead of Java somewhere around 2010. At the moment C# just has way more to offer with an exceedingly CLEAN LANGUAGE DESIGN. That's what really, really kills Java.

Kotlin is solid. It really is. I wish it the best.
But it has a serious flaw in that it's just too interoperable with Java.
>What the fuck are you smoking user, interoperability is great!
The huge problem with Java is the environment, not the syntax. The syntax is a bit verbose but really, it's nothing terrible. The problem is the standard lib is incredibly polluted. The problem is for every right way to do something there's three wrong ways. Kotlin doesn't solve this at all because it's 100% compatible with legacy Java. Interoperability is a curse when you're running away from a bad past.

Give me one example where the standard library in Java sucks compared to C#.

No, .NET Core is cross platform.

well desu he never said .NET was a closed platform, just that it makes you a microsoft cunt

JavaScript. You'll understand sooner or later

docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/index.html?java/util/Calendar.html

But for additional wtf just scroll through the left navigations and click on basically anything. There's so much shit that exploring a new area of the language's supporting library is like mapping a minefield.

Using Go makes you a Google cunt and using Java makes you an Oracle cunt.
But in real life this argument is really stupid.

llvm's SSA IR

This is so, so true.

The fact that to this day many people still use JodaTime instead of the Java class library's DateTime classes. Spring can be a huge pain in the ass, ASP.NET and/or Razor Pages just werks and is actually a pleasure to work with, and they don't rely nearly as much as conventional/annotation magic that Spring does. The way Java has implemented lambda function as opposed to how LINQ does it. Hibernate and JPA vs. Entity Framework. The threading API. That's just a few things off the top of my head.

Trutru, calendar sucks. I'll give you that. I guess that answers my question.

Spring's annotation hell is documented but don't worry, we're deprecating it with Spark.

>Java
>Lambda functions
Kotlin does lambda and higher order functions differently.

I didn't even consider web dev. Spring is such absolute dogshit compared to asp core and core isn't even done yet.

Does kotlin have anything like linq? Linq is fucking magic. It's like stealing fire from the autistic functional gods for use in the mortal world.

>Only having two states per bit
Are you even trying?

I use anko personally but I don't think there's anything built into the lang itself for linq.

Still have flashback to uni courses that used it. Fucking Plai Typed Racket, which the only user manual is written by the retard who made it.

RBLXLua

Hands down javascript

RBLXLua

Electronics.

Verilog

C++ and Java
Elm for frontend

Beginner's all-purpose symbolic instruction code.

>C++

Java shits all over C# in performance, all your points are invalid.

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r16&hw=ph&test=db
pzemtsov.github.io/2018/07/18/building-queue-from-cpp-to-java.html

Not to mention that the Java ecosystem is much more mature and only growing. Alibaba and Amazon are largely Java backends. C# is for cucks, most shit doesn't even work with .NET Core

Forth is the programming language.
You can make the others with it if you want.
The second is assembly.