Lads, I have absolute no programming experience what so ever. I'd like to get started...

Lads, I have absolute no programming experience what so ever. I'd like to get started, yet I have no idea what language I even want to begin with. I'm considering changing my major from being a medfag to going into CS, because i'd rather neck myself than be in school for 8 more years.
Any advice?

Attached: zachqwe1o4w01.jpg (645x773, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edx.org/learn/python
greenteapress.com/wp/think-python-2e/
waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html
automatetheboringstuff.com/#toc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Look at the CS 101 syllabus at your school and learn whatever it lists there, why not start the course with a leg up?

Install gentoo and learn C
>"""chooses""" cs over medical
Consider necking yourself instead of drawing out the process.

>I'm considering changing my major from being a medfag to going into CS
For the love of God don't do this, unless you hate Medicine.

Python
edx.org/learn/python

Change to dermatology,physical therapy or nutrition.

Way more money that CS or Actuary for data analysis.

I don't hate medicine, i'm honestly just terrified that I wont be accepted into med school, and be some tard with a BS in Biology.
I'm already a junior at 20, but I honestly want to do something where I have the ability to start my own business, or do freelance stuff on the side.

Already consider it constantly mate

I was considering PT, because I'm already a Jow Forums faggot, so I do love fitness in general. But I'm having one of those shitty last minute crisis, where i'm sitting here wondering if its really what I want to do for a majority of my life.

I'm graduating medicine at the end of the year (in south america, top university, though).
I don't plan on changing careers, but started learning recently, for personal interest exclusively, by following a book, liking it so far. Looked up a lot of beginner python books and that was the one that clicked with me.
Link if you're interested: greenteapress.com/wp/think-python-2e/

My advice: if you want to program, you don't absolutely need an university degree or even an university. If you want to practice medicine (and even learn desu) you NEED to have gone through medschool, no other way about it. Keep that in mind when you make your decision.

Attached: think_python2_medium.jpg (250x328, 32K)

Yeah, I just feel like i'm getting burned out y'know?
I'd be a personal trainer if they made bank, because that's what I'd love to do, but i'm jewish as fuck when it comes to money, so I'd really like a job that makes me bank, and coding seems to be a pathway to that if you have any sort of drive in you.

It doesn't really matter what language you use.
If you want an easier start learn the language they will try to teach you in your first year.

Also math is important too.

Medicine is super stable, though, you'd be hard pressed to find a jobless physician. I don't think that's the case for many CS jobs.

Also, even though there's plenty of pajeets in medicine (especially in the US, boy are there a ton of them), they just pour in like a broken dam in tech.

Yeah, I know it is, but I don't know if I can do it man, that's what really gets to me.
I have a 3.8 or something gpa and i'm absolutely terrified of exams, and I dont think I'd survive in med school, I actually procrastinate way too much. I have a test on tuesday, and I have a 68 in the class because all I did was study the day of the test. I just sit on my PC all day, or go hang out with random thots on tinder.

>"Nice blog post"
You're welcome user.

For the USMLE steps there are a lot of GREAT quality materials (anki decks) done from better students for low effort studying.

Even though, you seem to be inclined to CS, just go for it mang, I just make an informed decision instead of not being sure of what you chose

You seem like someone that has their life together. Thanks for talking to me lad.
How do I not be a fucking retard and actually stop procrastinating.
I guess i'm depressed or whatever, I don't even really have motivation to go to the gym, and that was something I loved so much.

waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html

Any profession is ten years of learning before you get gud. If hitting the books is really torture for you then consider getting a McJob instead. CS is no easier than med, EE, etc. despite what kode kamp con artist shitters say.

That's your mindset. Eventually spending your life away fapping and looking at youtube starts catching up to you. Being productive feels super good, but it's also hard to do
Another good resource is Deep Work, by Cal Newport, great book.
Also this

HtDP 2nd edition

read it and do the exercises. then pick up whatever

I'll read this later

Python
automatetheboringstuff.com/#toc

This is actually a good one.
Thank you

>waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html
That perfectly describes me, and it honestly makes me really upset. Because i'm unironically smart, i've never really put any effort into anything school wise, but now that I suddenly have to, it just seems so abnormal for me. I'm used to people saying "I studied for this test for like a week and I barley passed" while I got through the class easily.
I guess i'm learning that all i'm doing is holding myself down while I make excuses on why it is the way it is. I'm going to actually make a schedule now, and I swear to fuck i'm going to stick to this goddamn thing.

Maybe this can help, if just a little.

Attached: 1530820390052.png (2000x2210, 1010K)

I'm in the US and I work in a factory as a mechanic for 12hr shifts, 5 or 6 days a week. I'm frankly exhausted I've been here for 5 years and the pay is good but my joints and health aren't great. The guys that have been there 20+ years look awful.
Should I get into programming? I need a way out and I don't have the money or time for college.

That's an excellent read, but looks like the author lost the battle in the end, judging by the blog.