I9 MBP

So I hear it throttles badly...

Attached: apple_z0sh_mlh421_bh_macbook_pro_15_inch_with_1294026.jpg (2500x2500, 317K)

Other urls found in this thread:

appleinsider.com/articles/18/07/18/tested-thermal-conditions-in-the-2018-i9-macbook-pro-dramatically-hampering-performance
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2011+7
>not keeping your mac in the freezer
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1518812699691.jpg (250x250, 25K)

Attached: unapologetically.png (300x400, 59K)

I finally understand Apple's business plan
1. Purposely design Macbooks/imacs to throttle
2. Put out bullshit advertising with high numbers that Apple customers have zero clue about
3.?????????????????????
4. Profit! When the piece of shit macbook/imac dies after 2 years of thermal throttling they can sell a new one.

Also the fact that they're so vague about specs.

>muh i7 is good because 7 > 5 but who cares about which i7 it is

Attached: 1509412466857.jpg (1956x2068, 1.54M)

>INTEL cpu throttles
>this is somehow APPLEs fault

wat le fak

>intel designed the cooling
aapl/amd shills pls go

>cpu manufacturer sells cpu without proper cooling solution

why le fak

Attached: angry bald space marine.png (126x123, 77K)

>every mobile cpu ever

Companies do this cause normies don't give a shit about that level of detail

When you run Premier Pro yeah. Its still faster overall than anything that came before it. Do your own research and stop lapping up sensationalist YouTube clickbait.

>

A normie like you wouldn't know this but, Apple and Intel work together very, very closely. There isn't just some guy at Apple HQ on the phone with a receptionist at Intel ordering 5 million CPUs. This computer is the result of Apple AND Intel. Intel did indeed work on the cooling design.

The 6 core still and always will on average beat the older quads, no matter what. Did you retards think the Turbo frequency was 4.8 GHz on ALL CORES? That's single core boost for burst performance you idiots, this is Intel's shit and they do it for desktop too. The 8950-HK still has other things like more cache that make it faster overall than the i7 6-cores. When the fans do finally decide to spool up it'll maintain 2.3 - 3 Ghz for long and sustained tasks. For 6 cores in something as thin as that it's pretty impressive. Not even thick as fuck gayman laptops can fully handle the i9.

If anyone's workflow requires a lot of Premier Pro they do not buy a Mac. If you're a video editor who only works in Premier for some reason why the fuck would you buy a Final Cut machine? Why even use Pooremier Pro when Final cut is 3X more efficient, Final Cut's ridiculous optimization means you could boot, import 8K files THEN start exporting and finish before Premier Pro with a normal start. No one here understands Macs.

Attached: MBP vs P70.png (1741x799, 505K)

How would pic related feel about the company he single-handedly built doing uninnovative nonsense like this?

Attached: Steve_Wozniak_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (2068x2764, 2.26M)

it needs a notch

Decent engineers are not hard to find. Stop talking about him like he's the shit. Steve Jobs was an order of magnitude more important than this guy and he knows it, that's why he accepted Jobs fucking him over multiple times. He knew his place.

Where did you get that pasta from?

>Decent engineers are not hard to find. Stop talking about him like he's the shit. Steve Jobs was an order of magnitude more important than this guy and he knows it, that's why he accepted Jobs fucking him over multiple times. He knew his place.
Do you also think Elon Musk is a genius and is building the future?

Wozniak is the true creator of Apple, jobs was nothing but a scheming Jew

The Steve Jobs hater is also an Elon Musk hater. What a surprise.

It's actually a good system.
9 > 7 > 5 > 3

The only problem is people think "better" means "faster".
But that's exactly why they have to market them this way in the first place.

quick go make that green bubble thread for more apple bux

>i7 U vs i5 HQ

i7 U is better, just not always faster.

>I need a computer to run at 4Ghz at all times to shitpost on facebook

Which brings into question, why tf the Facebook website is so resource intensive?

They did just order new CPUs. They didn't do anything about the chassis nor cooling from previous generations.

I wonder where you got those (FAKE???) cinebench scores from.

Here is what Appleinsider found:
appleinsider.com/articles/18/07/18/tested-thermal-conditions-in-the-2018-i9-macbook-pro-dramatically-hampering-performance

>Our own testing

>We shifted to a different benchmark for our own series of tests. Using Cinebench 15, we ran 10 total runs on the i9 MacBook Pro.

>Immediately after starting the first test, the CPU clock speed shot up to 4.17 GHz. It rapidly drops to 3.86GHz until it hits the chip critical temperature of 100C. It then drops nearly immediately to 2.57GHz and also nearly immediately drops to 84C.

>The speed of the processor varied between 2.33GHz and 2.9GHz generally, with one profound dip to 2.02GHz, and then the range drops to a peak of 2.65Ghz.

>The first time we ran the test, it hit 921. The second time it scored an 877, with an average across the 10 tests of 906.

>We ran the same tests on the base i7 equipped MacBook Pro and got relatively similar results —which should not have been the case given the difference between the i7 and i9. Out of the gate, the i7 jumps to 3.8GHz, just below the advertised boosted clock rate of 4.1GHz for that chipset

>After several back-to-back tests, keeping the processors warm and the fans running, we were able to regularly get impressive scores of up to 916. Using Intel Power Gadget, we clocked the processor speed averaging around 2.3Ghz and 2.6GHz, almost exactly what we were getting with the i9.

All i9 laptop throttles badly, but mbp is the worst.

>MBP15" 2018
>MBP15" 2016
What does those mean? Where are the rest of the specs? What kind of a bullshit review are your claims based on, that does not even note the specs in their charts?

Why compare it to the 2016 MBP and not 2017?

This is good. Now you all can go buy 2015 Macbook pros on ebay for 600 bux.

More like 1500 bux if it has dents and scratches and something doesn't work.

I saw some in excellent condition earlier
already using a 2014 but i'm always curious on their fluctuation

post them then because 600$ for a 2015 MBP in excellent condition is bullshit

>apple shoves in a cpu that their cooling system cannot possibly handle in order to charge more and put bigger numbers on the box
>people unironically defending this

i9 on laptops was a mistake. Not to mention the fact that Intel lied, again. These chips draw way more than 45W at standard speeds. Last year's MacBook Pros didn't throttle.

>Intel SpeedStep™

Google this.

how long is it going to take to prove that apple Macbook Pros are NOT cutting it when actually exposed to real heavy work loads? Is it the stupidly high price tag that keeps people thinking they're worth it? Or is it the aesthetic?

Seriously I've never in my life seen such a huge rip off. It's way easier and more efficient to get a fully specced out Dell Precision or Thinkpad P series and run OSX on that than it is to try to get a MB Pro to actually do work without catching fire.
>But my 4TB M.2 SSD!
Then get 2x2TB M.2 SSD's.

>So I hear it throttles badly...
Not really, if you're using it properly then it's fine. If you're doing like a fuck load of video rendering or something like that then it's clearly going to crap out. If your going to do something that intensive get an iMac.

I know this is b8 but come the fuck on.
>$10k macbook pro
>high core count CPU
>Entire Pro line is MEANT for heavy processing on the go
>Laptop shits the bed as soon as you more than browse facebook.

Fuck out of here.

>Doing massively CPU intensive work on a macbook.
Wanna know how I know you're a 15 year old brainlet?

>$10k macbook pro
Just don't select the 4TB SSD and boom, regular price for a premium product.

Yes. Doing massively CPU intensive work on a macbook PRO. Why does the PRO series of macbooks exist if you're not doing PRO level work? That's the entire point of the macbook pro existing in the first place. Editing, encoding, compiling, 3d rendering, etc.

You're a shill. A bad one honestly.

Great arguments bro. Why are you having such a hard time understanding the limitations of a system? If I tried running some massive simulation on my macbook it would run out of memory and crash. Is that Apples fault, or my fault? Should I then make a series of whiny internet posts about how much I've been taken advantage of?

Clearly it's my fault for trying to push a computer beyond that which it was defined for. If your macbook is overheating, don't use it for such an intensive purpose.

>it would run out of memory and crash
If your Macbook advertises that it has 16GB, I'd expect to actually be able to use 16GB.
Likewise, if it advertises that it has a 2.6GHz i9, I'd expect it to be able to maintain 2.6GHz at a minimum.
I think there's a 50-50 chance I'm responding to bait but if it's not bait then you seriously need to get that Tim Cock out of your mouth.

Again. There are alternatives on the market for half the price if not LESS than a comparable macbook Pro that can in fact handle every single task you're saying you shouldn't be doing. Dell Precision, Thinkpad P series, HP Probook. They can all do their tasks without falling on their face and they're in the $2k range.

For a laptop that doesn't require this much power they offer much cheaper and lighter specced models. So i'll ask again. What is the point of this laptop?

BASED InTelAviv scamming macfagoyim

Truly braindead

You heard right.

Macfag here. I agree with this. This shit is inexcusable.