Shop floor display models

What is Jow Forums's opinion on buying a shop floor model of something, which was handled by previous customers?

Are there things you would or wouldn't buy like that?
How much of a discount is a good deal on display models?

Attached: best-buy-samsung-display.jpg (1300x975, 282K)

Don't do it. Bought a display model laptop once and had to bring it back because the CPU would damn near melt the whole thing on startup. It never went lower than 90% CPU usage and a reset did absolutely nothing.

I've bought a few instruments that were floor models, never any problems. I probably wouldn't do the same with a laptop though.

The Android tablet industry deserves better

Would an e-ink reader without obvious damage be a safe buy?

Attached: link_NPNizbZSqwT1pEOtkkhzdz5rqosoSadA,w300h223.jpg (300x223, 12K)

Floor models are constantly on even at night.

the battery probably gonna be shitty

I think so because I don't think anything on it wears out over time.
LCD back lights will wear out a bit, but with LED's I don't think it's that bad either.

>How much of a discount is a good deal on display models?

It's probably last year's model so there should be already about a 20% discount just for that.
I would say at least 50%.

Gross, just buy an open box 'like new' from Amazon, literally brand new except maybe some cables are open or the box is opened.

That would actually be interesting to research.

They will probably be plugged into a charger 24/7 for many months.
So it's a test to see if keeping it plugged in overnight is bad or not.

Any display model with OLED panels is pretty much unsuable.I find it humorous to see all the OLED smartphones with severe burn in everytime i visit a electronics store.Not sure why people still hype this heavily flawed piece of shit display.

leaving lithium ion batteries at full charge all the time does accelerate aging, but it's not as significant as number of cycles.

got a navigation system cheap this way.
last one was the display model, i could bargain it down. best buy!

>look for stuff that people of color dont jerk with, than you fine

Would you get a used gf? There's your answer.

Do a good cleaning and check thoroughly for defects.

Many years ago when Circuit City was popular, I bought new 5.1 receiver, but a complete 5.1 surround system that was installed in their home theater room. I used to go to CC and browse their then-new DVD rack for movies and made friends with a salesman who got me in on the really good deal.

I'm still using the Front Left and Right, and the other parts are still good but in storage.

I can't imagine how many asshole salesman cranked up the speakers before me because they don't give a shit if they damage them, so they must have been abused.

They are all 100 watt Infinity speakers, btw.

I'd buy floor models of other non-computerized electronics again.

How does one go about buying display models? I'd figure that they just take it away from the shelves when they don't sell them anymore if there's like a newer version, but then how do you know they have that display model?

this is reason enough to not buy a floor model

>inb4 muh i don't turn my pc off at night so it doesn't matter

Don't most laptops go to direct power mode when they're fully charged and plugged in ?

You don't go specifically looking for them, usually they just sell off the last one at a deep discount and you come across them by chance.

Because with modern oled its not even a problem for any user and it looks far better than LCD trash

Basically this

Buying a floor model electronic that uses a battery is a bad idea if you plan on using it for its portability. I wouldn't even buy anything with a display due to burn in. A desktop would be a safe bet ass long as you don't mind the fact that a lot of people fondled it in the past.

>sper/g/s being picky about 3d girls
top jej

Considering paperwhites regularly go on sale for $100 why would you ever do this?

Enjoy being single masturbating to cartoons while I impregnate my blonde gf with blue eyes and secure a future for the western civilization.

VR is not real, niggro

Don't fucking do it.
Get it in a sealed package and do some tests on it b4 you buy YOU CRETIN.

you'll never be the first nor the last
neither will me or another user, all women are women. does it really matter tho?

if you want a BNIB wife go to arabia and marry a ninja