Surface Pro/Go/Book are literally the only flagship portable computing devices that feature a magnetically attaching...

Surface Pro/Go/Book are literally the only flagship portable computing devices that feature a magnetically attaching power supply connection.

There literally is no reason to own a larger-than-a-phone portable computational device outside the Microsoft's Surface line, other than being poor. It covers the whole spectrum of modern needs.

What is your reason Jow Forums? Being poor is fine, but I honestly see not a single other reason.

Attached: surface connector.png (628x462, 303K)

>There literally is no reason to own a larger-than-a-phone portable computational device
Can't argue with that.

>proprietary connector
Enjoy searching for 3rd party charger then

Everybody "hates" Microsoft for keeping the magnetically attracting Surface Connect Port for power connection. Clearly it is just the envy and slander. A work of Apple-supporters, lure Microsoft into doing the same mistake they've done with the MagSafe port.

They've included a USB-C port to void the reason behind their hate on their latest Surface Go, which can be used for power supply.

Most definitely nobody will ever use the USB-C for power supply though. USB-C is there just to silence Apple-supporters about Microsoft having this evil awesome port.

There's no reason to ever own a device with U or core M series CPU.

>3rd party charger
Nobody seeks for them. Chargers are included with the laptops, they last forever unless you are an idiot. I never had my charger failing on me ever, and not with my 3 years old Surface Pro 4, either.

Everybody, including me, loved Apple for having the MagSafe when nobody else did. Surely, you also did. This argument of yours should be a thing for them, too, yet it only surfaces now, when Apple abandoned the MagSafe.

It was a mistake for Apple to go all USB-C, a mistake Microsoft apparently is not going to make.

>pic related
Surface Go with both Surface Connect for the default way of charging, and USB-C for Tim Cook's-suckers.

Attached: surface go ports.jpg (1920x1080, 988K)

>What is MagSafe?

>There's no reason to ever own a device with U or core M series CPU.

>It covers the whole spectrum of modern needs.

Surface Book is the answer to your needs then.

>implying MacBook Air is a flagship product of Apple
MBA is long gone, forgotten, almost abandoned. Apple made a mistake for leaving MagSafe altogether.

Step aside, kiddo.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 402K)

This is why Microfags is as shit as Apple fags
Proprietary connectors = bad. Even Apple is getting rid of it. MagSafe is dead and Lightning will be dead soon

Surface Charger is not only about its magnetic tip either. The brick includes a 5V/1A USB-A port which you may use to charge your phone or whatever.

Admittedly, it would be better if that USB port was becoming a port for the device itself. It doesn't, but it is awesome regardless. Think how many times you'd just plug your phone to your laptop's power supply, than to search for another mains plug in the library/café you're in.

Attached: surface power supply featuring usb.png (600x400, 69K)

They are supporting non proprietary connectors, with a few, or one proprietary connecter that offers solutions that aren't universal yet, what's wrong with this?

Attached: 1528807002568.jpg (991x750, 156K)

Your proud legacy, long gone. You clearly seem to prefer keeping it. How did you feel when your beloved Apple removed your precious fanboy?

Attached: 1532221727384.jpg (891x658, 112K)

>Having to modify the outlook of the device for which you've paid premium for its design
You know, they work REALLY hard to make it look good, the iPhone, Mac, anything.

You put on a glass protector, fine.
You put on a case around it, and I'd argue you are being autistic and cheap, degrading the value of it, which you've already paid for.

You then attach this atrocity of a bump underneath. You are an abomination.

Funfact: If you buy a recent iPhone, and a recent Mac, you cannot use the headphone included in the iPhone package, because you have no way to connect it to your Mac.

i'm still fine with me rMBP. They can't rip them off from my computer i own.

It will die sooner or later. Since you must've used it for several years already, I wouldn't expect it to last for too long.

What's your plan B? How will you replace it once it's gone? It will be gone, through simple erosion. Even if you keep it on a pedestal, it will soon be outdated, unsupported by software. If it lasted for another 5 years, would you stay living in the past?

I'll just see who makes decent devices. Apple is currently not doing that.

Only been gone for 10 years and I see this on the front page
>they work REALLY hard to make it look good XD
I feel disgraced at the fact this is happening on the same board that used to have 100+ threads daily discussing how shitty and overpriced apple products are, the same board that used to instantly kill any attempt macfags made to start an iShit thread by flooding it with facts and memes on how apple was and still is spreading their cheeks wide and shoving it's iCock deep inside their ass

if you have any kind of substantial case on your phone, this is literally not visible

I have a pretty minimalistic protective case on my s7, and it's not visible unless you look directly at the port.

Want a portable tablet? Surface Go
Want a more performant and larger tablet? Surface Pro

Want either one to be a convertible? Buy a Type Cover for it.
Want either one to be a sketch-able device? Buy a Surface Pen, handwriting recognition built-into the OS.

Type Cover attaches magnetically to the side, arguably the best keyboard ever built for a laptop. I say laptop, not tablet. I own a MBA, too, and I prefer Type Cover over MBA's keyboard.
Surface Pen ALSO attaches MAGNETICALLY and firmly to the side of the device.

Want a device more powerful, a portable workstation (as good as it gets)? Surface Book
Want it to have a larger screen with even more power? Surface Book 15"

Surface Pen is also supported on Surface Books, attaches magnetically onto them, too.

Want your portable workstation to be convertible, and also your tablet? Hell, these things can even be that. They cover ALL the needs, from tablet-grade processing power to the ones with dGPU and high-end processing power. From smallest form factors to the larger ones. From tablets to convertibles, to laptops.

No need to mention about the Surface Laptop thing, since it doesn't add much to the spectrum. There's also that option, if you want.

Attached: surface_book_4.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Because they don't have one. AirPods sold separately
But it can't be used for charging, which is one of the most important thing in device with battery. Imagine if your connector is broken and there isn't Microsoft store nearby

I was actually trying to say that Apple's devices are not enough, despite all the money spent on designing them, evident from the fact that he's now praising the 3rd party hardware that "improves" the device, while making it look nothing like Apple intended in the first place as they canalize their expenditures onto designing process.

It was a reply to criticize both Apple's incompetence, and their consumer-base's lack of understanding that they pay for a design by even considering to alter them. For being idiots, both actually are a perfect stupid match.

They know that.
Why? Because they know that no everyone who has an iPhone has a Mac to begin.
Its not like I like the situation. Its just how it is.

>Because they don't have one. AirPods sold separately
iPhones, as far as I know, include their same earphones (EarPods?) with the lightning connector in the package. My house-mate's iPhone 8 does, I'm sure of that. I don't know if later batches or the iPhone X doesn't have them.

And that earphones with the lightning connector that is included in the iPhone's package, you cannot use it on your Mac.

>Imagine if your connector is broken
This just doesn't happen. It is a connector port with magnetic attachment. It is a flat, angled, plastic male adapter. Just check the image on OP and see if it ever may be broken. I understand, coming from the lightning connectors, and USB minis/micros and Cs, you might be so used to have broken power connectors. This thing isn't one of them, don't worry.

>no everyone who has an iPhone has a Mac to begin
Are you sure? I would guess that it would 95% be true for the other way around: Everyone who has a Mac probably has an iPhone.

If somebody who has an iPhone, he/she probably has a Mac, too, if he/she has a laptop at all.

I'll use the HP G3 840 I stole from work instead thanks.

Give it back, DeShawn.

underpowered
proprietary connector
already own another, i.e. I'm poor for an improvement

So these are the only reasons? First one is void already since the Surface lineup does have powerhorse Books.

Power connector is magnetically attaching, but proprietary. There you have a tradeoff, soon to be void as can be seen on Surface Go. I guarantee you that almost nobody will use the USB-C for charging on Surface Go or any other Surface device that includes both the muh-proprietary magnetically attaching Surface Connect and the USB-C for charging, but whatever.

And finally, I also am too poor to afford Surface Book 2, so I can very well understand that argument.

What if I want
>an actual keyboard
>decent amount of IO, with at least 3 USB ports, SD card slot, and preferrably Ethernet
>at least 1 HDMI or DP
Does your faggy surface have all of those items? No? Ok, moving on.

>2 x USB type-A, convertible to Gigabit Ethernet
>1 x USB type-C, convertible to HDMI/VGA
>Full-size SDXC card reader

I suppose Surface Book 2 does indeed have the features you are looking for. 1 of the 3 USB connections are USB-C, and it is not 3 USB + HDMI + Ethernet, but USB + USB/HDMI + USB/Ethernet.

It has an actual keyboard, but honestly, Type Cover does not come short of an actual keyboard that you find on any non-gaymer laptop.

I'd say it won your challenge, but it's up to you.

Attached: surfacebook2connections.png (1400x500, 262K)

And if you are not happy that you lose 2 USB ports for converters, you can seek for 3rd party solutions like

>pic related
It is said to work with Surface Book 2, there probably are others.

Clearly, dongle-less solutions are superior though. I wouldn't buy a dongle-product, unless I have the luxury to leave the dongles on the cables, and not on my device; as a means to convert the end on the cable and keep it converted, and not to introduce ports to my laptop.

Attached: usbcadapter.jpg (1500x1163, 73K)

>dongles
>dongles
>built-in reader is only there because it's thin enough

I'd buy a surface book if it had thunderbolt 3

Are there any Surface laptops for men though?

Which dongle bothered you user?

The one for HDMI? How long since you have had a laptop with a full HDMI port? It's all miniDP now, and slowly becoming into USB-C. All the projectors that you are going to connect your PC to, now has a miniDP converter DONGLE laying around ready, and very soon USB-C DONGLES will also be laying around.

Same for Ethernet. It is a niche connection nowadays, and almost all computers offer it through a dongle. My father has an X1 Carbon, and even that offers the Ethernet through a dongle, albeit included in the box.

All in all, they aren't dongles for you to carry. They either will always be laying around near the ports that you're going to connect to (projector stands for USB-C to HDMI, and your job desk for USB to Ethernet), or you buy one to leave it on your desk and not to carry around.

Dare I say, you can leave the converter on the HDMI cable to your bigass monitor at home CONNECTED, assume the cable is USB-C to HDMI, and not HDMI to HDMI. Same goes with the Ethernet.

>meanwhile at Apple, you need dongles for USB type-A
It is not like you need a converter to use a fucking USB drive. That one, you'd need to carry around. Nobody will ever offer you their USB drive attached to a USB-C converter, ever. That's very different than requiring converters for HDMI and Ethernet, which are abundant for a long while now.

>pic related
Apple nails at making people think that there is more to it, than what it actually is. There are 4 ports on this thing, all the same, and concisely you'd list them as:
- 4 x USB-C with Thunderbolt 3
- 3.5mm headphone jack
But that'd be admitting that it's stale on ports. Good job.

Attached: mbp15.png (1256x532, 125K)

Lacks VGA for projectors, not a business laptop.

>How long since you have had a laptop with a full HDMI port?
Uh, right now?

My girlfriend did not buy the Surface Book 2, only because it looked too manly. She went with an iPad instead.

I use Surface Pro 4, never felt insecure about it. You should consider being gay or transgender if you have such concerns about turning into a woman, when looking at a device with so many edges.

Attached: dog_gay.jpg (379x3795, 430K)

>Proprietary connector

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

I have no need for a Surface at all.

Everything below 3kg is for women/children though. You physically cannon build a working man's laptop lighter than that.

Both Surface Connect and USB-C connecter let you recharge the Surface Go. Also, Best Buy and any other store where they sell laptop accessories will sell these chargers, I went out and bought one myself at a local one.

>low power CPU and RAM on every single model
Miss me with that gay shit.

You must be living with the constant fear of accidentally turning into a woman in your daily life. World is full of threats trying to make you a gay or a woman. Take care.

>There literally is no reason to own a larger-than-a-phone portable computational device outside the Microsoft's Surface line, other than being poor. It covers the whole spectrum of modern needs.
>What is your reason Jow Forums? Being poor is fine, but I honestly see not a single other reason.

Is there anyone retarded enough to think corporations don't pay pajeets to viral market on these boards?

Attached: 179.png (300x100, 48K)

>Proprietary connector
>INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
Surface Book/Go has the USB-C, for charging too if you wish. You won't prefer it over the Surface Connect port with magnetic attractors, nobody does. You can use those two as if they had no Surface Connect port, i.e. proprietary connectors, at all, if you really want to detriment your experience and keep sucking Tim's Cook.

>I have no need for a Surface at all.
That's like saying I don't have the money for it, and I get it, I also don't. I don't "need" a new Surface Pro or Book 15". I do want them, but don't need them.

But I would have one, instead of the Surface Pro 4 I currently have, if I were to receive one for free.

If I was given a chance to receive one free laptop of my choice right now, that I won't be able to trade for anything, I would choose Surface Book. Not sure whether I'd like 13" or 15".

If I was not allowed to get Surface Book, I'd then choose Surface Pro with LTE.

If I was not allowed to get Surface Pro either, only then I MIGHT go for a MacBook Pro with 4 USB-C's and no magnetically attaching power cable, over the Surface Go. I am not 100% sure on this, either. That fucking thing will require me to have converters to use the USB drive a friend passes to me, which is plain crazy. Plus it won't have the convenience of the magnetically attaching Surface Connect.