*develops artificial intelligence using only a single monitor*

>*develops artificial intelligence using only a single monitor*
>Jow Forums somehow needs 3 monitors
>but the keyboard needs to be tiny
???

Attached: jeff dean single monitor.jpg (1200x801, 208K)

>but the keyboard needs to be tiny
This one always grinds my gears, literally form over function, multiple monitors at least have genuine uses.

that's one huge monitor though

>Jow Forums is one person

That pic is a cry for help, the AI has taken over and it wants blood, look at that color theme.

Chadbuntu is real

Also don't understand this. Why on earth would you purposely gimp your keyboard?

/mkg/ believes that the fewer keys you have, the better you are at computer

Attached: retardation.jpg (1023x682, 157K)

34" 4K monitor
driven by XPS13 (CentOS 7)
laptop 34" display extends to XPS desktop
life is good
t. software developer under linux (payware)

What does the hack button do?

It's just the Windows button.

I need three monitors because I'm developing three AIs.

You are aware that his single monitor costs more than my entire setup and the four monitors I run?

installs gentoo

What a shit-retarded thread

Pok3rnigger here, I found myself doing just fine with Fn keycombos for the keys "missing" on my board. Other than that, it's comfier typing in the center of the keyboard and the reduced distance to the mouse is nice.

If the numpad was on the left side of the keyboard I wouldn't mind at all, but on the right it just gets in the way of the mouse.

Attached: Untitled Note - Jul 22, 2018 3.30 PM.png (1125x1373, 184K)

Where can I buy a double-sided dildo like that?

Kek it's supposed to be the boomer lad from above

Attached: 1530318230014.png (380x349, 77K)

Hacks the Gibson

Sure, I could buy a niche, huge resolution (((professional))) monitor from pic related that costs almost as much as a used car, or i could just buy 3 ordinary monitors for ~$500. I don’t even need 3, i actually prefer 2, so that’s like $300 at best.

as always, op is a fag

one?

Attached: 1531777358408.jpg (1200x801, 263K)

Green is my pepper.

Notice how each of those monitors has a keyboard, mouse and chair positioned in front of them... almost as if they were different workstations........ hmmm.................

>he doesn't even have a gaymer chair
he will not make it

Try doing webdev with a single monitor.
It's not fun.
Also:
>using unity
>working for google
The only redeeming fact about this guy is that he seems to be using Emacs.

I never understood the benefits of two monitors, it's annoying to have to move your head all the time.

This is the ideal keyboard layout.

Attached: vortex_75_percent_keyboard_52592.jpg (1200x889, 389K)

1 for the work your never do
1 for the social media you never use
1 for Jow Forums

> all those import statements in one file
shit code

Attached: 555-come-on-now.jpg (468x400, 46K)

That's a computer monitor combo and it probably cost around $500.

Looks like one of these:
HP ZR2740W (27"/2560x1440) or
HP ZR30W (30"/2560x1600)
They are old. Not even 4K.

>Why on earth would you purposely gimp your keyboard?
Why do you think it's gimping? I literally have all the buttons where I personally like them and don't have to move my dad's at all even for the Fn keys.

Attached: nuh8kgdfdg211.png (2043x663, 152K)

> Using a amouse

>1 monitor for CRM
>1 monitor for RMM
>1 monitor documentation management platform

I'm not programmer, but that's why I need 3 monitors

Which model is this?

Some old HP

How long before these mini keyboards become too trendy and Jow Forums "rediscovers" ergonomics keyboards which are literally function over form

>up arrow stealing space from right shift
This is the most horrible layout among all. Unless you are already used to hit the right shift from its very left, your muscle memory will be very confused in accommodating to the fact that shift isn't there.

You'll be constantly writing a lowercase letter or a 9 to the row above, instead of the uppercase letter or a "(" on the current line.

>t. assistant in introductory to computing course
Every so often, somebody asks me to help with their code on their computer, and I struggle like a 3 year old to use their keyboard if they are like this. I write all blind and fast with any other non-gimped layout.

t. one chair poorlet

It’s not an all-in-one, if that’s what you’re implying. They never look like that. It is always clear if it’s an AIO. This is just a high resolution, extra large panel display with a USB hub inside that probably cost a fortune brand new. Dell UltraSharps at 2560x1600 that are similar to that size cost $1000 a pop refurbished ~6 years ago.

There is no way this monitor, brand new, cost $500. Niche monitors like these are expensive because they are not made for the common consumer, they are used by OPs pic related and other professionals who need something other than 16:9 and want a huge panel, so there’s short supply and they can mark it up high simply because people like that will pay whatever because they can afford it. Don’t talk out your ass.

The HP z30w monitor was $1000 new

>A normal sized keyboard gets in the way
Have you tried not having tiny T-Rex arms?

Found the button pusher. Go back to accounting. Programmers dont need numpad or function rows.

Numpad I agree, but function keys are essential, unless you have some key combination to access them.

>but function keys are essential, unless you have some key combination to access them.
It's called programmable layers *smug grin* and yes, btw, I use Arch

Attached: 1437497521042.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

there's a very thin wall between reddit and Jow Forums autism

Just use vim and a trackpoint.

Attached: 6992a17b-605b-4b96-a397-809d9d88c8ca.jpg (800x600, 63K)

>using a mouse
Imagine being so retarded as to gimp your keyboard under some guise of "minimalism", but still being reliant on a tech-illiterate's computer control.
Pic related, my hands never leaves the keyboard and I also don't have a retarded butchered gimmick toy in its place.

Attached: trackpoint.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

lmao it's not a wall, it's a retarded curtain they helped eachother hang

> I also don't have a retarded butchered gimmick toy in its place.
>Picture of a retarded butchered joystick
>Placed in a terrible position
Interdasting.

That's what vim is for

I agree, I'd rather see the spacebar split in two with a slightly bigger clit inbetween.

>mx518
based

absolutely not

2 Monitors are pretty useful. I can have an IDE open in full screen mode and still can use my browser on the other. It's annoying to always minimize windows.

Jow Forums is full of literal faggots and NEETs, what did you expect

Need higher FPS to do elite coding!

Mine died a few months ago. The new Logitech mice are really inferior.

I would much rather work on 1 monitor to be honest.

Need a $3000 monitor to do elite coding!

First screen, portrait, possibly 19.6, for code you work on. The longer the screen, the more context you see.

Second screen, for the tools you look at, like locals, watches, call stacks

Third screen, output of your application, especially if it is a gui, webpage or anything with a relevant visual output. Sometimes used for other sources of your project.

Small keyboard means that you have a shorter distance between your keyboard and your trackball/mouse. You also have more room on your desk.

That said, keyboards with no number row are silly. 75% keyboards are the best.

it's all preference you fucking faggot, use whatever suits you and helps you develop faster and more efficiently

>Jow Forums somehow needs 3 monitors
I think you're thinking of /v/ user, or Jow Forums's /bst/ which is just a /v/ containment thread

Why does form over function get you so buttmad? Do you like having an ugly workstation?

>Small keyboard means that you have a shorter distance between your keyboard and your trackball/mouse.

A smaller keyboard is harder to type with. When you're coding, you don't use the mouse as often as you type, so it doesn't make sense to sacrifice keyboard space for mouse space.

>using a mouse at anytime means you're tech illiterate

When did this become a meme?

I am 6' tall. I just want my arms to be symmetrically aligned since I am typing for hours. Why would I have my arms tilting a bit to the left?