Will it ever die?

Will it ever die?

Attached: 2500k.jpg (238x212, 8K)

Your motherboard VRMs wil before that.
tick tock tick tock.

even if, I can order a replacement for 20€ on ebay.

Attached: file.png (395x160, 27K)

Get an i3 8th gen and you'll be better off faggot

I recently replaced mine with a Ryzen 2600X, couldn't be happier. It really was getting old.

will not fit on my mainbaord.

was the fps boost so enormous?

Planetside 2 was unplayable in any decent sized fight when on max settings, after upgrading I get a solid 60fps most of the time.

The CPU might work forever but if your motherboard stops working you'll have a hard time finding a replacement. Intel has changed sockets approximately 1 million times after releasing that particular CPU.

I'm still using the old Jow Forums's 'bang for your buck' build from 2011: i5-2500k, 560ti, P67 board, Seasonic PSU

Why? AMD still has nothing this based

It has been too weak for many modern games for a while now.

t. 2011

While it may not be worth it, doesn't aliexpress have cheap z77 with okish vrms? I know they had something similar with LGA1366 for x56nn overclockers

It did already. Even a lowend Ryzen or i3 is faster.
This.
If you want a shitty H61 board. Good Z68/77 boards now sell like gold, more expensive than new and better Ryzen boards.

It stopped being relevant years ago, but there will always be at least a few people refusing to stop using their potato machines decades after the fact.

You 2500 fags keep on spamming these threads like your CPU was the only one that didn't seem to age with years. Reality is that CPUs slowed down advancing since 2010 and you just happen to be part of a large pool of buyers who at some point in time thought they were getting a deal on a mid-range gaming processor. No one else cares about your super common CPU, so spare us your circlejerking.

this is a blue balls board.

Attached: ballz.jpg (474x375, 37K)

nice dubs pal but if you expand the image there's no balls to be found!

Attached: forearm pain.jpg (493x289, 50K)

Have you been living under a rock? Ryzen kill it a long time ago

>No AVX2 or AVX512 support
>No DDR4 or DDR5 support
>No DX11, DX12 or Vulkan support
>No HEVC Main10 or VP9 10bit hardware decoding
>No DisplayPort 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 Support

DEAD ON ARRIVAL

8600k is the new /neverobsolete/ CPU OP, let the 2500k rest in delid pieces

oy vey! looks like you need to keep up with the ESSENTIAL improvements that come with our latest and greatest socket and chipset changes... hehehe

kek

>not supporting features that came long after it's release
>doa
it's called outdated trash, newcomer

You mean /neversecure/ CPU

No fucking way a current i3 is faster than a 2500k except maybe for some really specific shit... post proofs

How is there no way exactly?
i3 8th gen is much faster than i5 2nd gen

Unless you overclock the 2500k, the top end i3s 8th gen will beat it

Fuck that newfangled shit, x58 forever

Replaced mine after not one but two lightning strikes fried my mobo. Got a Ryzen and saw a 20 fps jump in fagwars 2. Would probably still be using it otherwise though.

They aren't wrong, but the things is, the i3 is the new i5. Intel increased the core count of the Core CPUs in the latest generation - so now, i3 is 4c/4t, i5 is 6c/6t, and i7 is 6c/12t.

I purchased my 2500K and AsRock Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard on July 18th 2011 so it has been going strong for over 7 years now.

I don't see myself "upgrading" any time soon unless my mobo craps itself or DDR4 memory and Intel CPU prices drop by like 50% which is pretty fucking unlikely to happen.

Try bf1 mp faggot

>never obsolete
>75% load in aco

Attached: backtov.png (709x636, 167K)

maybe one day

Attached: file.png (407x401, 25K)

Spastics

What's the chance of getting chinked by buying a z68 motherboard on aliexpress?? I have a complete 2500k setup somewhere just missing the motherboard.