Laptop

Why is this so hard?

>laptop
>durable (last one i got lasted 1 year, had to have it repaired 3 times under warranty)
>linux support
> no touchpad, fingerprint, removable keyboard or other bullshit
>just a good, reliable, computer for me to code, surf, and stream

i really dont care about a budget but more than $1500 is unreasonable

Attached: fuck.jpg (630x630, 34K)

Just buy a thinkpad or dell dude, they just werk with linux

i always feel like the dell brand is associated with shitty hardware but ill check out thinkpads

Okay I'm going to make this clear, just because you personally prefer the trackpoint nub, does not make the global cursor controlling standard, ie trackpad "bullshit". Sorry this post was kind of stupid but I had to call out that bullshit

Wait..you don't want there to be any touchpad at all? Or you mean you don't want it to give you bullshit and not work properly?

When you say "stream" do you mean watching streaming content, or broadcasting? If you're broadcasting, then what are you broadcasting and do you need a GPU to power it (ie streaming games etc..) ?>

In any event, you want to support Linux, go to System76. They come with linux included and their systems are moving from whitebox ODMs to doing in-house design and US based manufacturing!

If you don't need a discrete GPU (outside of eGPU, it does have Thunderbolt 3) their Galago Pro will probably suit you very well.

>In any event, you want to support Linux, go to System76.
>a manufacturer that sells laptops with nvidia gpus
Are you retarded? That's like gobbling up bullshit librem tells about their scam machines.
ThinkPads are certified for compatibility (which just means they install distro and check whether it works, irrelevant) and they have HUGE support from community (check out projects like thinkfan and tlp).

>i always feel like the dell brand is associated with shitty hardware
Thank God I am not the only one!

if you want a dell one go with their latitude line

If you live in the US you can get pic related for $1100-$1400. Unfortunately it does have a fingerprint reader embedded in the power button but that never has to be used and the laptop itself supports linux almost perfectly right out of the box.

Attached: mxp2.jpg (3328x1698, 421K)

i meant touchscreen

no games, just youtube anime etc

Is OP just baiting or is it really that hard to find a decent laptop nowadays?
Those requirements don't sound like anything special. Shouldn't some random average laptop be able to fulfil them (unless perhaps we're talking about streaming 4K footage)?

Attached: 1532159366506.png (404x404, 103K)

I don't know about Linux support but I bought a $300 asus laptop like 4 years ago and I've used and abused it with minimal issues. I only just bought a new one because I had the petty cash and I'm sick of how slow it is, which I can't really complain about for $300.

I've had a dell latitude E6520 for four years and it still runs fine

This is so fucking easy OP
Thinkpad or Dell Latitude
No frills, durable, clit mouse, best Linux support

Attached: 1532274492.jpg (408x720, 63K)

all sub 500$ laptops i buy break in less than a year

this. my thinkpad x200 tablet works perfectly, i would assume an x200, x210 or x220 would work as well. best of all, buy used off ebay real cheap.

>i really dont care about a budget but more than $1500 is unreasonable
Meanwhile I'm trying to find something to replace my 11yo X61t to no avail, I'm willing to pay $2k if it's needed.

Yep. GalagoPro is probably the best depending on what form factor you prefer. In fact I think its going to be refreshed rather soon but even if you had to buy immediately it is stilll one of their newest design. The other other lower end systems I don't find as viable (they're whiteboxs that are Clevo types and okay but nothing fantastic) t where I suggest the GalagoPro for those looking for mobility and do not need a discrete (interior) GPU. The OryxPro just got updated and is another enhanced variant, holding up to an NVidia 1070 so its the one for mobility/power if you need a GPU included. The other two are major desktop replacements (with the option of actual desktop chips) so they are not only out of one's price range but also way more than you need.

System76 will work out for you most likely.

X220 here, great machine, can recommend.

Which laptop model was it? It's the lottery anyway, I've got a MSI gaming laptop that didn't have a single issue (except for the keyboard I had to replace twice) for 4 years, and now my new Asus gaming laptop failed me after 4 months, while Asus is supposedly statistically the most reliable manufacturer.

acer