How does one even get started on some of these?

how does one even get started on some of these?

even the easy challenged are daunting

also is java/c++/c enough to complete every single one of these

Attached: challenges_programming.png (3840x2160, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/q2YakWB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

step 1: open your text editor

Try making the structure without code, what do I need? What can I use? How can I use it? If you can't think of a solution without code you'll most likely struggle to find one with it. In that case just give up.

i understand this much but still how would i determine if its even possible with the languages I know

anything is possible user
the language isn't really a restricting factor in most of these
apart from the obvious ones like you couldn't make the UEFI one in python

any specific one you want to help with?

So what makes a bootloader fuck you tier hard?

Attached: question lain.png (759x1021, 715K)

hm i see. well I was just thinking about gui elements and java doesnt offer much with swing and i heard java fx isnt worth

well everything with raw number, text output, and/or algorithms without images, giu, or networking components are straighforward. but i dont know how to approach animations/gui/networking problems as I always feel like they require extensive knowledge of the class library. for example C++ doesnt even have gui components without a 3rd party library

Ok, I have a brainlet tier question. I tried to read "The Algorithm Design Manual", and I just didn't really "learn" anything. What exactly do you learn from this book? Is this a book that you read after getting some experience with algorithms/math?

You have no kernel to lean on

roll

rolling

>even the easy challenged are daunting
Depends on the language you're using.

But the "Fuck You" grade ones are correctly labelled. Start one of those only if you are an idiot who wants to be humbled.

i am to roll

oh ah no thank you

Rolling

You can do anything in Java.

I wish there was a similar picture but with actual products, like commercialy viable or at least helpful to a large number of people and not just for training.

why are booru client and verlet integration red? why isn't demo effect yellow?

no clue even what this is.

>how does one even get started on some of these?
Do your research first, try to figure out what "solving" the problem means and what language and libraries you might use to achieve it. Sketch out how you might break the problem down into simpler pieces. You know, how you start any complicated project.

rolllll

shows the frequency bands of a sound file

Attached: span-large1024.jpg (578x374, 52K)

Rolling!

Qt editor and c++ brother

grub2 takes longer to build than linux

every time this image comes up people type ROLLING without even paying attention to the fact that it goes up to 145!
the ABSOLUTE STATE OF Jow Forums EVERY TIME

>sound file
>realtime

so? UEFI services basically are OS, you dont really have to program that much

that looks expensive

there's a time window of playback that is examined

I will do whatever I roll in a functional language.

Huh that actually sounds kind of fun although I don't know what I would emulate I will give it a shot though. Fuck it I will roll again for bonus too.

>not just counting 2 digits if you don't have a 1 in the hundred position and in the hundred counting the ones after

Some of them seem easy enough assuming one has elementary or intermediate programming knowledge in some entry-level language like Python or Java, but something like a Torrent client or a boot loader, I wouldn't even know where to start. Even some of the "easy" ones, e.g. youtube to mp3 (unless we're allowed to simply use something such as youtube-dl), I have no clue how to go about doing this.

Feels bad being a brainlet.

Attached: 1370134398831.jpg (480x489, 37K)

Qt? There are free versions.

OP, these challenges are haphazardly compiled and ranked. Prolly some students high on churritos. Most of these would take you months to have something serviceable. Like, a full blown torrent client, a challenge?!

Just stick to your interests, but don't take the wrong message. Still do something, just keep it grounded to your likings. If you see it as a challenge, you will probably burn out.

Bonus points: do it in Excel.

for a torrent client you'd look at the bittorrent spec and implement a program that takes one argument (a file or a magnet link) and downloads that torrent to the working directory. no resume, no settings.

for a bootloader you'd work out how to initialize memory management and print "shit" to the screen.

you have to start with the core and work from there.

keep on

Roll

Roll

Meh, no thanks. Reroll

roll

Attached: IMG_5133.jpg (1200x1600, 365K)

I'mma make this my bitch.

The smart man realizes that the pic wasn't made for rolling. The wise man rolls anyway.

roll

no way in hell, roll

>tfw did FFT (for polynomial multiplication) but have no idea how to take input from music and throw it in there

rollerino

Rolled 102 yesterday, finished today. Did it in Lua, which while kind of interesting, was probably a mistake. It ended up very OOP, and Lua OOP is sketchy as fuck.

Do people usually post their code for this kinda shit? Mine is a hideous mess, but I feel like I should post something more than a .gif

I didn't want to fuck with an actual rendering library, so I just drew a cube on the fucking command line. There's no excuse. You can do Anything.

Attached: why is windows command prompt so awful.gif (336x519, 410K)

Fuck it, here's the code.

pastebin.com/q2YakWB4

Judge me gently, please.

>cesar cipher cracker(50)
>lets do it with c++ and OOP
>"seem cool I could use it as a base for the vignére cipher"
>ok done, its working
>end up being an abortion of a OOP which is usless in a inherited class

somebody knows that feel?

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

damn, well done.

Rolling.

>mfw whatever i roll i'm writing it in elisp

Roll

Reroll

Op is gay

Honestly your best bet for gui stuff would just be nodejs and javascript for it, or create a server with java or something that can communicate with it. I wouldn't bother with GUI stuff in another language these days it's just not worth the trouble unless you need the speed

Nice I want to do something like this just for fun in kotlin or something. Did you look at any resources for starting out? Not sure where to look without getting a full blown answer

roll

no thanks

roll

Thanks, user.

Literally just Google rotation matrices. That's enough to get you going. Beyond that, find a nice line drawing algorithm (Bresenham's is popular, but not what I went with), and just consider how you'd store a cube in data.

It was a pretty simple project, at the end of the day. Lots of research up front about how rotations work, but it wasn't too tough.

You can do it, user!

Cool thanks when I get some free time I'll try it out, want to do arbitrary shapes too

rollerskates

roll

fuck that one

roll

_