How long can a PC last before it needs completely replacing? I've had my PC for almost 8 years now...

How long can a PC last before it needs completely replacing? I've had my PC for almost 8 years now, I've upgraded the CPU, GPU, PSU Ram, Motherboard and changed the case a few times so I'm just wondering how long I have left before it needs to be replaced all together?

Attached: Ultimate-Gaming-Computer.jpg (852x800, 375K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HisD_pqlRHQ?t=8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anywhere from under two years to over ten years, depending on what you want to do with it.

You're trolling right?

Depends on what you do with it. If you don't play new games then it should last for a long long time. Regular productivity software has hit a wall. Really the only way to "jazz" most of it up these days is by adding flashy visual shit to it or adding useless features that 90% of the world won't ever use. For example: I still use office 2007. Why? Cause it works, does all I need, and it matches the theme with Windows 7. Screw office 2010/2013/2016,etc.

Trolling how? I'm just saying my PC is getting old now and I'm wondering how long it has left before it needs replacing.

Three minutes.

You've already replaced literally every part, it isn't the same computer you had when you first built it if you've changed cases, motherboards, ram, CPU, and GPU lol

He didn’t change the drives or the cooling system, though...

then replacing those individual components is dependent on their lifetimes
shit son it isn't a mac, proper computers dont just die one day with no determinable or fixable cause

youtu.be/HisD_pqlRHQ?t=8

Quit a ship of Theseus you got going on there.

now he just needs to take the old parts and assemble them together. which computer is his computer?

you have until there are no long parts you can get your hand to to replace broken ones

t, Thesseus

There are literally PC's running 24/7 in abandon buildings and have been running flawlessly since the 90s or longer.

I'm surely you mean as a modern entertainment machine, and the answer is when new media codecs come out that rely on hardware acceleration which the old machine lacks, and processor decoding takes too fucking long.
For example my core 2 duo starts shitting the bed when I play YouTube now.
Windows 95 isn't going to play hevc, but it will run a nuclear reactor all day long.

Adding a graphics card with The ability to decide the shit will extend you machine, but then you will have to find drivers for the older operating system. You can get my with upgrading the operating system, but good luck putting widows 7 on an osborn 2, not that there is a pcie port to Indian the thing anyway, which brings us to the next factor of death.
At some point, adding new life support hardware will not be possible without adapters, which won't work for everything and won't always be available.

your rig is basically ship of theseus now that youve changed everything multiple times

My case is over 10 years old, the cpu is about 3 years old.

I've had a high end AM3+ motherboard since like 2012. Went from a low end Athlon, a Phenom ii X3, to the FX-8320E I have now. PSUs, came a went a couple of times, same for GPU and RAM, but the Motherboard and case stayed the same, so to me, it's whenever the socket stops getting new CPUs.
The 'dozer has been good with me for the last few years, so I'll probably won't get rid of it any time soon, but I know my PC is deprecated and will probably get an AM4 in the near future.

you had your pc for 8 years yet you've replaced every single part. fucking retard. thats not how it works. thats not how any of this works

the motherboard is the computer, in my opinion. just like the receiver is the firearm according to the atf, you can put new furniture, barrel, magazine, any number of parts on it, but the central body that everything plugs into is legally "the firearm"

GrandPa's axe. Three new handles and two new heads but it's as good as new.

I haven't upgraded any parts of my work PC since 1994
Still runs great

>t. NetBSD user

Depending on build quality, it could last forever or a few month.
And what you did is upgrading, not the PC needs but YOUR need.

Is that yours? It looks to be missing 3 waterblocks

this thread is dumb
im goin to bed fuck u OP

10 years or more.

>WATERCOOLING THE CPU
>AIRCOOLING THE GPUS

UM YOU GOT IT BACKWARDS SWEETUMS

>tfw just bought 8 year old laptop

Attached: 5CA3CEDC-C2A9-40C0-8489-6AC060FF7320.jpg (640x625, 237K)

i have a pc with an athlon 631 basicly a phenom 2
8 gigs of ram
a 260x underclocked

i mean as a secondary that handles pretty much anything i want(the server room the routing the media bla bla) plus some mild gaming to the likes of tf2 cs go and such is brilliant everything on mid to high and its above 60 fps
i dont think i need something more to be honest maybe in the future if i find a good deal on a second gen ryzen ill make a new system but for now its more than capable on handling everything i throw to him