Stuff to do
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Stuff-to-do

New release
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/releases/tag/v0.29.0

Attached: mpv.jpg (900x1020, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/wm4
rorgoroth.bitbucket.io/
mpv.io/manual/master/#command-interface-[subtitles|video|window|single|each-frame]
omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/07/cinnamon-4-0-screen-tearing-on-linux-mint
github.com/bun-dev/mpv-thumbPreview
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
gist.github.com/bitingsock/ad58ee5da560ecb922fa4a867ac0ecfd
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-target-prim
hastebin.com/raw/ikabomeyok
twitter.com/AnonBabble

F

github.com/wm4

F

rorgoroth.bitbucket.io/

mpv is dead

Why is mpv-android not on F-Droid?

I have two sets of speakers attached to my computer. One set is my normal desk speakers and the other is a proper stereo set. How the fuck do I tell mpv to use the stereo set? This is in Windows so it's a genuine mystery to me. If this were Linux I'd just open pavucontrol and set the program to whatever audiosink I wanted. But Windows has garbage audio control so this isn't an option.

Repository not found

>0.29.0
NEW RELEASE!

>vo_gpu: various improvements to HDR peak detection
>vo_gpu: various improvements to HDR tone mapping

Nice

Why use this over vlc?

@66843067
Why use this over mpv?

>@66843067
This is not Twitter.

This is the best bait i've seen in a while

newfag
yikes

to: 66843276

fuck you

Reason 1: Default settings don't have washed out colors.

Attached: 1462353007202.jpg (1920x2160, 2.3M)

>mpv dead
>madvr dead
Fuck germans desu

Madvr was placebo.

I'm sick and tired of spamming my keybind for new screenshots.

Is there a way to make it automatically take screenshots with a start and end keybind? So if I want to take screenshots from 02:51 to 05:52, it would capture all frames between that time

mpv.io/manual/master/#command-interface-[subtitles|video|window|single|each-frame]

so i have to manually stop it huh

>it's real
Wew, I was wondering if it'd take them one year for another release.

you can set vo=image and ao=null and start the video near the end
it will decode the video but it will automatically output it to an image file

reposting from /sqt/
Can I use vo=vaapi on the windows build of mpv? I'm not talking about hwdec=vaapi, I'm talking about the video output drivers. I'm on a shitty pentium laptop and the shaders on the integrated graphics is way too slow and drops too many frames. I figured that the best way to handle this is use intel's own video processor to do the scaling, color conversion etc.

No. Use vo=direct3d

disregard ao=null, use aid=no instead

Wow they finally did it.

enjoy your no gui lmao

eyelet detected

How to run mpv from command line in Windows? Do I just run mpv-install.bat and expect roughly the same command line functionality in Linux?

MRT support when???

Mpc-hc + madvr is greatest

I like how mpv looks, but the manual looks like some high level arcane magic. Is it too much for a brainlet like me? I don't really wanna use mpc-hc anymore.

Madvr had nice features but mpv has better ones now. Madshi said he hired "someone better in math than him but not a math genius" to work on a totally new algo, so let him a chance. ;)

Hope he is creating something HUGE.

This is probably not directly related to mov, but is there some workaround to enable audio when using mpv on Android to watch YouTube videos over 720p via NewPipe?

>

add mpv folder to environmental variables path

user or system one? and why?

>omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/07/cinnamon-4-0-screen-tearing-on-linux-mint
mouahahaha, linux is so retarded.

>omgubuntu
yuck

>>omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/07/cinnamon-4-0-screen-tearing-on-linux-mint
>mouahahaha, linux is so retarded.
What does this post have to do with a multi platform media player?

>VLC
>grayscales and pixelates your video
Pshh, nothing personnel, kid.

Can I make the subtitles render out of the video frame or at least wrap properly?

Attached: 1532345193.jpg (1591x855, 91K)

What's wrong with MPC-HC?

maybe try a reinstall. or restart your computer
works for me every time

No my MPC is fine, i was wondering why people wouldn't use it.

mpv is better and VLC is a standard. MPC doesn't belong anywhere.

Why do you have a problem with people using mpv?

When you close a video with 'Q', which saves the time of the video on closing, where is the resume time stored for that video (on Windows)?

%appdata%\mpv\watch_later

-do i need both profile=gpu-hq and vo=gpu or will the latter suffice
-dscale changes don't seem to apply, is this related

ask newpipe to fix their shit

Holy fuck! Why haven't I used this before.

Attached: 4567456500.gif (480x270, 1000K)

>Use the gpu-hq profile to use this driver with defaults set to high quality rendering. The profile can be applied with --profile=gpu-hq and its contents can be viewed with --show-profile=gpu-hq.

Is there an 'optimal' or 'best' conf file or this? I've googled it and come across a few but I'm not sure what to go with

>switch to leencucks
>install mpv
>start watching anime again after years just because of how cool mpv and my desktop look like
this thing does miracles

How do I use mpv-assrt?

what's the best setup for debanding?

bump

GNU/Linux*

deband-grain=0
deband-iterations=2
deband-range=12
deband-threshold=48

GNU/Leencucks*

If you create a portable_config folder inside the mpv folder those files will be stored inside mpv/portable_config/watch_later. You can also set a different folder, but I can't remember the name of the option.

I love mpv but for some reason it's causing a system freeze at random intervals of time when full screen. Any idea what might be going on?
At first I thought it was from a conflict between light-locker and mpv but that doesnt seem to be the case as I just had it happen at a 2 minute mark into a episode.
Could it have something to do with the way the show I'm watching is encoded? Like cause a segfault? This is the first time a show has done this and it's only this one (6 seasons of IASIP) set that has had this issue

MPC-HC is deprecated unfortunately. If you want to use a MPC like video player for Windows, use MPC-BE

>Oversaturated=Better

Have you tried

Sound setting > set default device or disable the one you don't need

[email protected] Forums.org
Ok

Why not start mpv with your terminal and next time it happens you'll get an error message? Or automatically create log files with mpv.conf?

If it's literally only that one file, then I would blame the file instead. If you really want to dig into it, make a log file like said.

there is nothing wrong with MPC. They did stop development/updates for it though.

I'll probably switch to VLC once MPC is out-dated.

>switch to VLC
Haasn can't fix VLC by himself.

Attached: 1351531804230.jpg (473x477, 42K)

Thanks! I did start mpv in the terminal, through ranger (:shell mpv *) and it's not just 1 file. It's the set of files that are giving me the trouble and I wanted to know how to diagnose it since the only way to fix the problem was by hard shutting down my computer (power button). Switching to TTY doesn't help unfortunately. The issue is a system wide freeze, not just mpv crashing. I've only had a issue of this scale once before and I figured out that a problem was a electron container called Rambox. I removed Rambox and haven't had a system wide freeze till this.

>electron
I knew that shit was a mistake.

Fuck yes it is. It was convenient to have my botnet communication shit in one spot on my computer until it revealed itself as the pile of CPU-Hungry, system crashing shit it was. At that point I also realized that it was pretty pointless to have that shit, as everything on there could be done through my phone.
tl;dr
Electron is CPU hungry and bloat. Caused my computer to crash to a freeze frame.

>once MPC is out-dated
it's been outdated for years

mpv won't play youtube livestreams anymore, it just plays a 1 second chunk and then stops. what do I do?

Attached: 1532330260843.jpg (720x720, 91K)

works for me
update mpv and/or youtube-dl

I have a P3 gamut monitor. Is there any way to force my anime to play with the entire gamut? Even when I use icc-profiles it never seems to actually use the brighter colors.

Attached: 00114what-p.png (350x296, 201K)

>switch from potplayer to mpv
>configure everything how I want it to be
>install and set as default
>download the play-next-in-folder script
>perfect
>except it doesn't have thumbnails when seeking
>regret
A-at least screenshots won't be late by half a second anymore.

>thumbnails when seeking
I think an user in one of these threads was working on something like that not too long ago. Don't know the status on that though

github.com/bun-dev/mpv-thumbPreview

github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script

Idiocy ain't that cheap, my friend, I'm just generous... Information and knowledge aren't for those who don't seek them.

I realized it's just buffering extremely slowly, but I dunno how to fix it. the cache goes to 0s quickly and then takes forever just to buffer a couple more seconds

I didn't like how you have to manually clean the folder with the second one but I'll check out the first one, thanks.

Yeah, I use that one, too...

gist.github.com/bitingsock/ad58ee5da560ecb922fa4a867ac0ecfd

Maybe this?

so that's why it just works. meanwhile mpv seg faults faster then you can say bait

Why nvidia linux vulkan driver is such a shit?
d3d11/vulkan on Win - ~3000
opengl on Linux - ~3000
vulkan on Linux (390.77) - ~4000
vulkan on Linux (396) - ~5500

Alright, I got this for my phone. It doesn't play 1080p videos without huge framerate issues. VLC does, so it's not an issue of my phone not being powerful enough.
What am I doing wrong? Is the mobile version just fucked?

target-prim=dci-p3

source: mpv.io/manual/master/#options-target-prim

>more points
How is it worse?

What phone? What video format? Size of the video? Did you try another android player like mpv?

Oh, if you were already talking about the mpv mobile version playing it better than vlc, then it could be vlc's fault. I'm kinda confused about OP's pic so don't mind my retardation.

it's the rendering time in ms

I assumed as much, just saying that in future you should post what's being measured and in what software.
nVidia drivers for Linux are shit in general, but I guess this is GPU dependent. Their Vulkan performance was actually better on Linux than windows at one point.

Actually this is only with mpv. I compared several vulkan games on Win/Linux and fps is pretty much identical.

How to build it to have an higher version of Void repositories?

aren't those vo_gpu changes pretty old?

Is there a way to change quality when streaming youtube if the bandwith is too bad?

>hastebin.com/raw/ikabomeyok
r8

is there a loadfile kind of command that loads audio only?