Wow...

Wow, how do they afford all those servers and hosting file/image attachments from millions of users while asking for NOTHING in return? It's almost too good to be true!

Attached: discord_main.jpg (980x620, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/company
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

money from venture capitalists

/thread

>Wow, how do they afford all those servers and hosting file/image attachments from millions of users while asking for NOTHING in return? It's almost too good to be true!

Attached: 498057-google-drive.png (333x187, 11K)

>Some of the smartest investors believe in us

>We've raised over $30,000,000 from top VCs in the valley like Greylock, Benchmark, and Tencent. In other words, we'll be around for a while.

discordapp.com/company

Selling your data to chingchong Steam, Tencent

They sure must be making good use of the Hentai pictures I send to my friends on daily basis

Somebody should make a clone you could host on your own VPS with encryption, kind of like Mastodon

venture capitalists you fucking boomer

what return are VC's expecting? That a big tech company will buy them out for billions?

i honestly have no clue

selling your data

Attached: 1517637211341.jpg (406x406, 41K)

Tavrn.gg

How much is my data worth anyhow? I use adblock so i literally never see ads. How would companies make a return on investment by buying my data?

this

I literally never see ads so I'm not sure what they would be targeting me with

phonefags don't use adblock

It'll be people that link their accounts, use real names, agree to every data collection thing with out reading the fine print. Basically, normies get harvested while we enjoy the product.

This. My favorite is the following pattern:
>get vc funding
>make thing free
>drive out $10/month competition
>try to monetize thing
>oops, can't do it sustainably
>run out of money
>die
>closest competitor is $999/month enterprise shit

dumb shits paying for:
-gif emotes
-more emotes
-gif avatar
-custom "user discriminator"

I too would invest in a Social Network that has monopoly on the most profitable entertainment industry.

Not for profit company

AdAway, or Dns66/AdGuard/Some Vpns if you're not rooted

VCs expect most of their investments to fail, thats the nature of the tech industry. It just takes one early facebook investment to compensate for hundreds of failed investments.

>built with gamers in mind
just use riot

Literally what is this, the info page does not do a good explanation.
Is it like an open source discord? Can i run my own?

Why does discord look as though it's actually just a web page? Can someone break this down briefly for a tech illiterate?

They have a paid service, venture capitalist funds, and probably sell your data.

It is. Discord on the desktop is literally just Discord on the wen but in an Electron wrapper.

they monitor everything you post and what communities you join

riot.im

unless your server admin is a retarded and emotionally damaged 21 year old canadian man who doesn't keep backups, in which case i don't suggest

It's a open source discord clone. Yes you can run your own.

>/thread-ing yourself
kys retard

yes, the hentai pictures are surely the only data they collect from you
fucking degenerate

sell-out to facebook/google may be an option

>Investors see idea
>investors like idea
>investors fund idea
>idea takes off huge
>investors, owning most of the company due to the funding, either sells off the company for huge returns or monetizes it

I use adblock browser. Never see ads ever. Cant fucking stand them. My data is junk stock I think.

>wow steam added literally every capability of discord

stop using it.

Google Drive is mostly the same but also slightly different, the free product is a loss-leader to get everyone hooked so they'll buy extra space and enterprise versions.

This money also has to go into paying the company, merchandise, legal fees

it's not exactly sustainable