Do we have any Russian IT professionals in Jow Forums...

Do we have any Russian IT professionals in Jow Forums? What is it about the Russian Education system that produces the best hackers in the world? Would it be helpful to learn Russian and study abroad to become more proficient at IT security?

Attached: BorisGoldeneye.jpg (289x250, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

artofelectronics.net
beginners.re/
github.com/onethawt/reverseengineering-reading-list
news.asis.io/sites/default/files/RE_for_beginners-en.pdf
beginners.re/RE4B-EN.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No really, high education math children learn computing and high discipline made them read a lot hardware manuals and books in English plus make a lot money for crimen or security consultors.

I believe the reason is supposed to be that they had such shitty hardware that anything but super efficient god code wouldn't run. There may or may not have been a Darwin effect from bad programmers getting sent to gulag. Probably the biggest reason there are so many Russian "hackers", meaning bad actors, is the way they live over there creates a mindset similar to an inner city hoodlum: there is no legitimate way to feed yourself so you must prey on others or rely on handouts. An effect of this would be that good actors get a lot of practice defending against bad actors.

Russia has always had fucking amazing mathematicians, all throughout history you can find some. I kind of suspect its genetic desu. That probably carries over pretty well into the computing field.

Regardless, what are you talking about when you say "best hackers in the world"? Because if you're talking about the American election, I don't really think that indicates they're the best hackers in the world. Lets be real for a minute, American election security is dogshit. Beyond the fact that most of the "hacking" done was social engineering shit, what else did they do? They hacked some DNC servers, right? While that is impressive, it doesn't exactly put them to "best hackers in the world" status. Even further than that, you can find a ton of stuff about RCEs on American voting machines online. More than a few universities get their hands on the machines somehow and hack them.

I propose that the Israeli/American combo is probably the best nation state in terms of hacking, mainly due to stuxnet (which it seems like a lot of people forgot about).

>read a lot hardware manuals and books
list of these books they read or that anyone should read if they wish to improve their technical skills/hacking skills?

>while that is impressive
It isn't, really. They spearphished one guy and used him as a springboard, everything else leveraged known exploits primarily in Windows because Microsoft to this day doesn't have their shit together.

Oh lol, I didn't even realize the DNC hack was another spearphish, I thought it was more complex. Thats fucking stupid as hell.

It helps that the Russian government wont extradite you to western nations, same with a lot of former soviet bloc countries.

It helps that the average pay is low enough that even modest financial gains from selling database dumps or relaying spam email can actually be a livable wage.

People will talk about "muh soviet math", but hacking really doesn't pay well for 99% of activities, and the legal risk is higher in the western world.

My understanding is they used information and access they gained from the Podesta hack to break into the DNC server.

Interested in knowing this too. Everyone knows the canon for western literature, but is there a canon of books/skills for technical education?

>system that produces the best hackers in the world?
It's not like they're going to make any money in private industry in Russia.

Poverty, govt carelessness, and boredom are great motivators.

A large, effective criminal industry is built on a few things to work. Think of where you found pirates and bandits historically. When you have a massive center of trade next to a region which tolerates raiders that bring back loot which the local government also benefits from, and a population that can't make a steady living otherwise, you'll get raiders.

Today usually Russian pirate a lot west books in VK, file exchanges or libgen.

artofelectronics.net
beginners.re/
Compute architecture,operative systems.

Learn C or Pascal using K&R or algortihm + data structure = programs.

The American election was considered completely secure and unhackable. Even CNN ran articles about it but Russia somehow got in. Same with Brexit.

Attached: ONFYGSVflkClpw4VmOl535Tys4ZspB5APjflZBXjiwM.jpg (853x720, 79K)

Fuck off you baiting retard.

the election was secure and was not hacked

Based user - thanks so much!

Why C and not C++ though?

also what's beginners.re website exactly for? general hacking tips?

Whenever someone unironically says that, I just wonder where they've been the last decade and a half, and how they missed the non-stop stories on voting machines with backdoors or are easily hacked. For awhile it seemed like every company in the business was just a fly-by-night scam artist(and for all I know, they may very well be.)

>op ed
>opposite the editorial
of course it's going to contradict the other story

github.com/onethawt/reverseengineering-reading-list

This book
news.asis.io/sites/default/files/RE_for_beginners-en.pdf

C begin used in a lot system things and exploit c pointer vulnerabilities is important.

>Learn C or Pascal using K&R

hwat

Hope you're still here, not the user you're replying to, but don't you need any background knowledge before jumping on the beginners.re book? (besides reading K&R)

My theory is that the climate had a lot to do with it. Russia is fucking cold and if you had a computer and it was freezing outside, you will stay in all day and program.

>What is it about the Russian Education system that produces the best hackers in the world?
You don't know that. They do produce a lot of them though.

Except they didn't hack the election. "They" hacked the democratic party's systems. Not even sure why, they had already screwed themselves out of the election before the hackings even started.

> If someone have laptop, he/she does not even worry about the warm/heat on a keyboard-laptop while typing. sooo comfy.

Yes just basic C more half book explain compute system and architecture just start assuming you know basic C
beginners.re/RE4B-EN.pdf
Page xvii begin very good advice.

Many people keep asking about it.
There is no “royal road”, but there are quite efficient ways. From my own experience, this is just: solving exercises from:

• Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie, The C Programming Language, 2ed, (1988)

• Harold Abelson, Gerald Jay Sussman, Julie Sussman – Structure and Interpretation of Computer Pro-

• Donald E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming

• Niklaus Wirth’s books

• Brian W. Kernighan, Rob Pike, Practice of Programming, (1999)

... in pure C and LISP. You may never use these programming languages in future at all. Almost all commercial programmers don’t. But C and LISP coding experience will help enormously in long run.

Also, you can skip reading these books itselves, just skim them whenever you feel you need to understand something you missing for the exercise you currently solve.

This may take years at best, or a lifetime, but still this is way faster than to rush between fads.

The success of these books probably related to the fact that their authors are teachers and all this material has been honed on students first.

As of LISP, I personally would recommend Racket (Scheme dialect). But this is matter of taste, anyway.

Some people say assembly language understanding is also very helpful, even if you will never use it. This is true. But this is a way for the most dedicated geeks, and it can be postponed at start.

Also, self-taught people (including author of these lines) often has the problem of trying too hard on hard problems, skipping easy ones. This is a great mistake. Compare to sport or music – no one starts at 100kg weights, or Paganini’s Caprices. I would say – you can try to tackle a problem if you can outline its solution in your mind.

Thanks a lot! Have a great day.

Op/Ed is short for "opinions and editorial", not opposite the editorial.

That is the face of an invincible man

Attached: 1517429337730.png (645x729, 105K)

the vast majority of states use paper ballots and the ones that do use electronic machines have "papertrail" addons
only 5 states use 100% electronic machines only

>>opposite the editorial
just stopping by to also laugh at how retarded you are