Battlestation Thread /bst/

rate and hate and masturbate over your setup and other peoples

Attached: IMG_7594.jpg (4032x3024, 3.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AiXP3IL2w3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

r8

Attached: 1532237929361.jpg (4032x2830, 1.82M)

Masturb8

Attached: All Natural.jpg (4288x2848, 3.69M)

fake and gay

Nice radio setup, what stations do you listen to?

Specs on the Optiplex?

Anyone got any L-desk recommendations for ~$200?

Attached: firefox_2018-07-09_23-56-27.jpg (1510x855, 271K)

I use it as external speakers for my laptop

Attached: IMG_20180722_191057405.jpg (3024x3676, 2.17M)

oh sure, put a fucking case right in the middle of your screen so you spin your head around like a fucking owl
i really fucking hate people with no sense like you
your taste is also shit, in everything. mouse, lcd choice, desks, keyboard, wallpaper, fucking cds on the desk.
is this actually a bait post, op?

I've posted my desk here a billion times but I don't think I've ever posted my electronics battlestation, so I'll do that. fwiw this is actually at my parents' house a few minutes away from my own place, and I share it with my brother, who builds amps, pedals, eurorack stuff, etc.

>tfw no Fluke

Attached: DSC00574.jpg (1000x667, 569K)

i have a fluke 233 with remote display and a fluke 323

all together it cost me about 180 bucks

you need to be constantly looking and youll find them for cheap

also i spent 80 bucks on my power supply and waveform monitor. if you know where to look and be patient you can get set up cheap

Attached: tektronix 1735.jpg (3638x2854, 1.78M)

Damn how did you know?

takes one to know one

That's kind of what I'm eventually planning. I need to find and actually do more projects before I can justify anything beyond the cheap UNI-T (which is actually pretty decent) though. Right now my main thing is trying to build an setup that'll let me use real surplus aircraft buttons and switches to control flight/space sim stuff, I have this F-4 Phantom ejection seat that I'm building a sort of cockpit around and I think a switch panel would complement it really well. (Note that the wood structure in the pic is just a scrap wood mockup that I threw together to test the ergonomics, the final thing will be more of an enclosed box structure that'll contain all of the wires etc.

Attached: DSC00552.jpg (1000x799, 737K)

I need some better speakers desu

Attached: 1532302115485.jpg (3186x2268, 2.14M)

What are we again?

Attached: lol.png (936x585, 255K)

>61C
Buy an aftermarket cooler you fucking ape, it's like $15

Attached: IMG_3117.jpg (3062x2448, 1.02M)

Wow that's cool

Just curious are you in New England? I can tell you some spots to hit up for cheap electronics

No, I'm actually at the opposite corner of the country, LA area. There are some great spots like Apex surplus in Burbank, where you can find whole bins full of surplus aircraft components from the '50s and even WWII-era.

I recently read a really cool story about a race car that was built here in the '50s and then was stripped out sometime later. The original builders had gotten switches from Apex, but they were long lost. When the new owners restored the car a few years ago, they were able to go to Apex and find more of the exact same switches from the same batch of surplus that the original builders had used 70+ years prior.

how much for the cat?

Hopefully I get a replacement board this week. Still can't use my main PC and the heat in this room is killing me. Sleepless all the time.

Attached: DSC_0090.jpg (3840x2160, 3.02M)

He's a ragdoll, so like $500? I actually got him at the pound as he apparently had behaviour problems. He's perfect though.

You've got crabs in your sheets. You should wash your bed

>Rag doll

10/10 taste in cats. I had a black and white one for awhile and he was awesome

Finally took a new one of these.

>and the heat in this room is killing me
I know that feel, fucking A/C unit keeps freezing up and my room gets a shitload of sun exposure and has shit for air circulation because it's not internally connected to the rest of the house. It was well over 100F in here during the heat wave we had recently.

Attached: DSC00733.jpg (1000x667, 464K)

How the hell can you people live like this

I know...Someone should help me to cuddle them.
I don't have AC, but it wouldn't be worth it in middle Europe. It usually doesn't get as hot. How do people 'enjoy' this shitty season? The forest is infested with ticks, horse flies swarm and bite you while you sweat even if you don't move.

Attached: DSC_0003.jpg (3840x2160, 1.95M)

>How the hell can you people live like this

Do you mean cluttered and full of weeb/gamer shit or are you talking about the heat?

>How do people 'enjoy' this shitty season?
I'm from Aus and I'm fiending some hot weather right now. I'd much prefer 30 degrees everyday. (I'm not going convert that for you amerifags)

The heat

>30 degrees
>hot
That's not hot, that's just warm, especially if it's dry too. It's around 35 here in LA this week and got up to 48 at my place a couple of weeks ago, that was fucking brutal with broken A/C.

I'm just saying that that's the temperature I'd prefer. Maybe fix your A/C..

Ah. I can't really live like this, it fucking sucks. Every day is a dizzy haze of sweat and suffering and it's so damn hot that it makes me drowsy and weak but it's also too damn hot to get any decent sleep. A/C repair is finally coming this week, at least.

Do you use the logical measurement system there?

Australia seems to be hell. Some day I will live in Skandinavia where its 20° in the summer. It was similar in East Frisia where I raised, 20-25° 30 was really rare. And a chilly wind all the time.

Oh believe me I would've done it weeks ago if it were my call, but it's taken me this long to talk the owners of the house into paying for it. (The main part of the house is two levels with separate A/C systems, and the upstairs one was working so it kept the whole house at a tolerable level, but I'm on the downstairs circuit and my room isn't internally connected to the rest of the house so it got hot as fuck in here.)

Yes, we do use logical measurements here.

Hell because of the heat? It's not bad when you go more down south where I live.

Its full of venomous animals and things that kill you, 40°+ and the living costs are high. Also the internet can compete with Germany in terms of third worldyness.

craigslist, garbage picking in rich neighborhoods

Everybody always seems to go on about the animals. Just avoid them.. It's not hard,

The heat is true, and the internet is definitely true. Cunts fucked that up royally.

Also yeah the living costs are high but it's pretty nice over here. Melbourne (where I live) has been the worlds most livable city for like seven years in a row, so that's got to count for something.

Aus has always seemed pretty cool to me. I like the people I've known from there, too. I can never decide if I'd rather move there, Canada, or NZ though.

I've always wanted to check out Canada, I feel like it'd be a nice place to go.

New Zealand is fucking wicked as well. I've been there a few times and always loved it.

>always wanted to check out Canada
the people are nice, the scenery is nice in rural places
everything else sucks

>the figures
>the crumbs
>the red-clay fuckugly desktop theme

Thank your mom for the wallpaper, cause it is the only style you've got.

>boy
does your mother know youre gay

Attached: 4A67120B-BFCE-4F2B-A0EB-DE6F8B423745.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

Another angle.

Attached: 38C60211-25F3-4509-BDEB-6D5C01316828.jpg (4032x3024, 679K)

Just a poor college student so it's not much.

Attached: poor college student 4.jpg (3354x4684, 3.35M)

I dont know and dont care about that cunt witch

well that explains a lot

what did she do to you

Attached: 1_ormvnGXiWXZUFLab_p0ksw.jpg (900x506, 38K)

Carpet in a workout room? Man that would suck after a while.

Can't see shit.

What is this? A post by Stevie Wonder

>hang headphones on the monitor

Attached: clicky.png (466x510, 284K)

L desks are expensive as fuck. Just get 2 tables from Ikea and put them in a L shape.

Attached: IMG_20180722_214256.jpg (4032x3024, 3.73M)

really need to clean and update this. only thing thats really changed is the ps4 sitting on top of the computer now.

Attached: 2018-03-03 14.22.38.jpg (4000x3000, 3.7M)

Like your desk

Well aint you just the lil bitch

Was thinking about doing this. Wish I did this while living back in Overland Park KS. But since moving back to Nebraska shipping from Ikea is expensive as hell.

Attached: 1531631795036.jpg (5248x2952, 1.32M)

Damn, that sucks. I live in DFW so I have 2 near me.

I'll take full setup pics by the end of the week. The shop is a mess of parts right now.

Attached: battlestation2018-1.jpg (2016x1512, 987K)

>fucking owl
owls r neato

R8, H8, Masturb8. The usual. Haven't updated the pic in a little while, have a different mouse and a new headphone amplifier.

3/10 at best. Get a dual monitor mount, replace the desk with something half decent, clean your shit up, put the tower off to the side or underneath somewhere, get a better keyboard, route your cables behind your desk instead of bunching them up and running them directly out.

Cool radio gear but you really need to clean up and get some of that garbage off your walls. 5.5/10

Breddy gud m9, where'd you get the desk from? I'm looking to replace mine with something like it. 7/10

What said. Otherwise IKEA will get you halfway there, but the desk ain't gonna last ages.

Garbage speakers, no mousepad, shitty monitor setup, air conditioner case, very poor desk ergonomics, 4/10.

Seems pretty comfy, if a little cluttered.

Gee bill, why does user get 2 mice?

Shitty desk, case, speakers and cable management, nice headphones and keyboards though. Waiting on my HD6XXs to arrive, probably gonna take another month though.

5/10.

Looks pretty comfy, 6.5/10 cat, at least your desk is reasonably clean but that cable management could use some work. Not great peripherals or monitor either. 6/10, 7/10 with cat.

Not generally a good idea to do all your computing from bed because it messes up your brain association with sleep. Looks comfy as hell though, maybe try mounting a fan to the post of your bed? Definitely invest in better bug netting if that's a problem. Alternatively move to the southern hemisphere for half the year.

6/10 with crabby dildo.

Cluttered af, lots of memegear, dolls, and crappy cable management. Way more money than sense. 4/10.

Can't make out anything with the 2dark4mysoul mood lighting. At least the floor is clean though.

More to follow because character limit is a thing.

Attached: IMG_20180605_211521_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 1.75M)

More r8's for all of (you)

Looks like a pretty comfy place, the desk area is really cluttered though. 6.5/10.

Cluttered, garbage speakers, awful chair, bad case orientation. 4/10.

Looks cramped af and keeping food bowls around your desk isn't healthy, nor is having dolls. You could have a lot more room if you just cleaned up your surrounding space. 3/10

I've been looking at maybe getting an MX Master, how's the latency and battery life?

Pretty high level Jow Forumsentooman setup. A little bit cluttered and the anime stuff is pretty bad but otherwise it's a 6.5/10.

That case is cool but I bet dust and noise is an absolute bitch. I like the desk and chair, could use a monitor mount for better ergonomics and space saving. I sure hope that ammunition isn't live and a regular thing you have sitting around. 7/10.

The wood was just from a hardware store and I just screwed some legs onto it. Wood desks are the way to go.

I've been trying to make one for a while but I can't find any wood that's big enough.

I'll probably end up welding some steel square stock together for legs or reuse the ones off my old IKEA desk. Wood is definitely the way to go though.

wish I had the space for proper speaker stands, but this will do for now

Attached: 20180720_164849.jpg (4032x2268, 2.85M)

I like the Computer case.

This is nice user

>I've been looking at maybe getting an MX Master, how's the latency and battery life?
its a g602. battery life is ~6mo due to using the black eneloop pros. latency is fine, although i dont really game, so i cant be too sure.

I blow the rad out every month or so, as for noise its hardly noticeable. The rounds are a couple extra .300 Win Mag that I sold my rifle for, don't know what else to do with them.

You have a good setup too, speakers/10

Butcher block walnut from lumberliquidators.com

You can use different finishes on it, check their gallery.

Can someone suggest a desk chair that doesn't suck dick and is a bit wide becuase my hips are fucking wide (not a fat ass 36-38 usually is what I wear in jeans) I just don't like when my legs or hips are on the arm wrest assembly of a desk chair

Where'd you get the desk infront of the TV.

Comfy here.

Attached: 1502322107818.jpg (3264x1836, 1.8M)

What country are you in?

London.

This looks good for a wide ass

Attached: wideeee.png (527x701, 241K)

Damn man I want a setup like that for my room. I'm starting to get into electronics myself and want a nice work area like yours. I have that hakko soldering iron too!
another shot, I like it. You look like you actually do some work. You posted yesterday
I like that kitchen/dining room and living room setup.
What resolution are those vertical dell monitors? I might have the same ones, I might cop another to have symmetry like you.

Attached: sad.jpg (6000x4000, 3.38M)

Aesthetic af. How much?

Found it at a shop that buys used furniture,
When I rented my apartment I was lacking furniture so I bought everything in one spot.

I purchased the living room table, kitchen table, couch and computer chair for 400 USD which included the fee for moving the furniture up to my apartment which is on the second floor.

I make more money than I used to but it's still chump change. Only 20 dollars a hour and I usually work Saturdays which is 30 dolllars a hour.
I am not critical on furniture as long as it serves it's purpose so I have not upgraded to anything better yet.

Still living the poor college student life. I work so much that I only take a few classes a semester.

Attached: bartop arcade-8.jpg (986x1753, 592K)

Not sure. I searched 'Wide ass computer chair London' and it came up on a top 10 list that linked to US Amazon.
Says $250

Thx bb. It's a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, they do a few tempered glass ones that are especially sexy.

Ah my bad. Might have to get one if the battery life is that good.

You sold your rifle for ammo? Just how shit was the rifle and how much ammo did you get? Do you even have a rifle that'll shoot it?

If I were you I'd be storing them somewhere safer than your desk. It's not particularly dangerous to have em round but there's always the possibility of a sharp knock to the primer setting them off. If you've got ammo boxes in your garage or something like that I'd put em in there.

Get a decent car seat from an auto wrecker and then bolt an office chair base to the bottom of it. If you get a decent seat out of a higher end car you'll have a really good seat that's more ergonomic than most of the stuff on the market for less than $150.

Attached: IMG_20180723_155731_HHT.jpg (3120x4160, 1.04M)

Because Americans are fat.

I meant I sold my 300 Win Mag rifle and found the two rounds in an old ammo box, I'll probably put them back in there though.

Ah righto, yeah probably a good idea, if you've got some equipment you could deactivate them but it's probably not worth the effort.

Attached: 20180723_152834.jpg (4032x2268, 2.3M)

Remember to give people some (You)s

Comfy work hours

Attached: 1531587679407.jpg (3000x4000, 2.48M)

Confocal imagining station for taking pictures of hoomon tissues. I've spent probably 200+ hours at this bench in the past year. It's a comfy, dark corner with air conditioning and wifi

Attached: photo_2018-07-16_17-21-23.jpg (1280x960, 162K)

It'll change once the fall semester starts and I move into my new place

Attached: IMG_1073.jpg (2898x1418, 1.09M)

Analog/10
What plant? Very nice
Not a fan of the cube case but noice
Are you guitar guy?
Since recently getting into Linux and terminal I've finally seen the purpose for vertical/horizontal
Noice g-pro and not
COMFY
Ight
VOLUNTEERING, PLS BE GIRL (GIRL)
Molly/10
You need to mob some trails with those nubs

Attached: 20180721_235921.jpg (2048x1152, 642K)

Attached: IMG_0465.jpg (3264x2448, 1.5M)

hey

Attached: 1531651380412.jpg (2048x1152, 583K)

youtu.be/AiXP3IL2w3s

Attached: bs.png (1161x768, 1.53M)

King Protea, sexy looking thing if you ask me.

Attached: King Protea.jpg (378x420, 93K)

Attached: jpeg.jpg (1328x747, 147K)