Infinite scrolling vs pagination

Does Jow Forums prefers infinite scrolling over pagination?

Attached: infinite-scrolling1.jpg (713x350, 32K)

no

Infinite scrolling requires JS to implement, so there's basically never a good reason to do it, it's bloat.

If i was running a social media type page like reddit or facebook i'd implement infinity scrolling to soak up as much of the users time as possible in my app.

If i'm running a news website i'm going with pages to get as many different ads as possible.

>Doing literally anything on an infinitely scrolling site
>Accidentally open a link in the same tab that changes the page
>Fuck
>Go back to where I was
>a) Page doesn't scroll back to where I was, forced to scroll back through everything again to get back to my place
>b) Page does infinitely scroll back, takes several iterations of moving down the page before getting to not quite where I was but at least closer

I don't even need to say "fuck javascript" to justify pages, fuck infinite scrolling.

pagination

know what else requires javascript? updating the thread without having to reload the whole page like we used to have, but of course your don't even remember that, newfag

Does anyone actually prefer infinite scrolling?
Everything that adds it gets worse.

You don't need JS to do that shit. You use if-modified-since and if there's no new posts the server coughs up a 304 Not Modified. The rest gets handled by the browser's local cache.

infinite scrolling is just dark pattern bullshit to keep you on a website

That can be solved by implementing a good advances search feature, then again most pages that use infinite scrolling don't have that because their model implies featuring always new content instead of indexing good content.

pagination with long-ass pages

Infinite scrolling is beyond terrible and an incredibly annoying trend. There is absolutely no benefit for the user, it's entirely for the site's benefit and actively makes the user's experience worse due to issues like .

Pagination. Infinite scrolling is fucking garbage, and it makes the browser bog down even on fairly impressive hardware if you have a page that is long enough.

Pagination with infinitely long pages.

>Infinite scrolling make addict user.
>pagination for work or productivity software.

>You don't need JS

It's always been implemented with JS.

Infinite scrolling is worse usability-wise. If you want to come back to a certain item, its harder to do so by scrolling than remembering the page number it was on.

Also, it performs poorly on systems with little RAM. It's a meme.

Infinite scrolling creates higher user retention and brings in more revenue.

if you're running a social media type page wouldn't that one ad get stale as the user just scrolls forever?

i'd have it refresh to a new ad every 30 seconds or so. maybe a minute?

I manually reload everything on this site. I reload 4 times before posting so that I can temporarilly unblock google javascript.

Do people actually do this? I thought it was universally agreed upon that infinite scrolling is the worst trend to happen to the internet.

Okay, I know I'm going to be called a fag- but, I use infinite scrolling on reddit and I like it, I can just keep scrolling until I find something I like and then open it in a new tab.

Load more button is superior

Vagination... hehehe

If you think that answers that question you should work on your social skills

It does. I prefer to use infinite scrolling because it is more profitable.

>website puts about, contact, and other info at bottom.
>website also infinitely scrolls

Attached: ar_top_right.png (441x325, 57K)

hell no
thankfully almost none of the sites i use have infinite scrolling
the most notable offender being hooktube

>several 'show more' in
>accidentally left click on something
>fuck fuck
>back
>show more, wait... show more, wait...
>have to search as well because you don't know how many "show more" you clicked

Attached: a.png (1085x141, 47K)

haha, you changed a letter and now it's no longer a word!

Pagination that also scrolls seamlessly as it changes the url.

depends. see the following
>looking at rows of data
pagination
>looking at anything else
scrolling

literally just use 4chanX

I like infinite scrolling.

your preference is wrong

But I like it.

Infinite scrolling with pagination, where scrolling will switch to next page.

>turn off all js globally
>it still works albeit not automatically
kill youself!

No, it does not

>just use an addon written in javascript

That's the problem with redditors - they have zero shame, no honor to protect

you can audit the userscript pal

i wish this was a joke, but i have seen this happen too many times

I remember when YouTube first implemented infinite scrolling. They forgot they had a footer and controls in there.