Apparently, Linus browses Jow Forums

Apparently, Linus browses Jow Forums
youtu.be/SsgI1mkx6iw

Attached: 2018-07-22 19_31_21-Greenshot.png (1366x768, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SsgI1mkx6iw?t=119
github.com/saveriomiroddi/vga-passthrough/blob/master/2_A_WORD_OF_CAUTION.md
gnu.org/audio/gnu-pronunciation.ogg
gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg
youtu.be/loxmPuBOiPM?t=58
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Performance_tuning
youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g
youtube.com/watch?v=mq35jjjo3NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Botnet

Wendell browses Jow Forums, and had input on the video script.
Also, that was probably written by one of the script writers, who we know are memers.

Pretty sure iJustine comes here too

>guhnew

Attached: 1526009669628.jpg (560x577, 35K)

That's how you pronounce it...

Sorry, but that's how its actually pronounced. Also its pronounced guhnome.

Yikes

Obviously not him. If he actually browsed Jow Forums, he wouldn't shill botnets and would have started fighting back to our constant bullying of him.

>DXVK and wine
>not GPU passthrough
>>apparently, linus browses Jow Forums
False.

Attached: 1531249907590.jpg (3500x2300, 2.51M)

GPU pass through is redundant.
Virtual Machines are redundant.

The only solution is open source games. Just make GTA 5 opensource
Money is evil.

Jow Forums is Linus tier.

This. And that's the reason why no one wants to call it Guhnew/Linux

why are they in a kitchen?

Did you watch the video? Eventually they get into GPU passthrough but they say you need a second GPU because they're retarded.

Who do you think makes all these posts, his videos aren't interesting enough to post here but they always get posted hmmmmmmmmmm

>A windows VM is linux gaming

I heard Wendell caught Updaug. Glad to see he's doing better now.

Attached: _0.jpg (1079x1367, 273K)

FUCK i want to see wendel pin down that faggot linus and fuck his boipussy raw

Attached: 1519470950308.gif (445x445, 1.96M)

Luke got phat

On one of those talk things they actually mentioned Jow Forums and stuff.

How do you not need a second GPU for passthrough? You're dedicating a device to a VM.

I think the point he was trying to make was they presented it as if you need a full-fledged discrete GPU, whereas most people are going to be able to take advantage of an integrated gpu for their host. I don't think most of Linus's retarded audience would be able to pick up on that on their own.

Similarly, they made it seem like you need an entire extra set of hardware (mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc.) when you can just use another input on your monitor (or a kvm switch) and pass through your M+KB (and use something like Synergy to share it with your host).

I do think the video could have been better. You really only get one opportunity to showcase something like this to the mass audience, after all. I think Wendell should have put a bigger emphasis on the fact that a lot of the software he was showing off was still early alpha stuff currently in very active development, hence the need for bleeding-edge everything and a couple of rough edges (like the fullscreen command line option for Looking Glass that Linus sperged about). I think it was a cool showcase of some of the technologies available on Linux these days, but it should have come with more of a disclaimer. A lot of people are also pissed that they didn't show off any native games.

Yea, he is actually good looking but just became fat as fatass. I wonder if maybe his job stresses him out too much or something, he is wasting his potential.

one of us

Then why didn't he call them guhpoo drivers?

what's updaug ?

NOT MUCH
WHATS UP WITH YOU?

Attached: htTiFx6.jpg (900x1200, 195K)

AHHH GOT EEEEM

how is vsync handled when running shit in a virtual machine? Especially with shit like wayland running on top? Does gsync work? Why do I get the feeling it's going to be a stuttering hell?

>over 10% performance hits
i guess it will never be a thing

>jump 28 hoops spending 8 hours on configs just to play witchter 3
>do it again to play deus ex mankind divided
what the fuck hahahhahaha 2018 is the year loonix

Attached: 1520750118031.png (719x539, 411K)

Stop shilling his glorified advertisement.

Attached: varg3.jpg (591x464, 103K)

the thing people hate most about linux is how people say you can do all this awesome shit but fail to mention all the hoops you have to jump through. And that's exactly what they did in this video. If they actually showed the entire process with all of the troubleshooting stuff they edited out (which they briefly showed at the end) then this video could've actually been useful.

>just to play witchter 3
What a loss.
>>do it again to play deus ex mankind divided
I wonder how will Linux ever recover.
Are we /v/ yet or just pretending to be retarded?

Attached: 7d9f26a674423ffcaba4587b04fc3fa0e18b519d91a15d4d67bbf929ccb5e3f4[00:00:01.266]_[23.07.2018][06:12:11 (854x480, 44K)

It's a small price to pay to have complete control over your system.

>Just make GTA 5 opensource

I'll do the logo

I wish we lived in the bizzaro world where Vulkan actually took off in popularity and Nvidia had to start supporting it or loose market share. If Linux actually got some attention by devs maybe they'd fix the other stupid shit that's wrong with it.

so now that there's a video that will get 1 million+ views, how long until nvidia completely disables that shit?

Isn't Intel pushing Vulkan now?

I honestly don't know. I kind of want Vulkan to be a big gaming thing though.

Isn't intel trying to push out their own GPUs now?

Because it is: github.com/saveriomiroddi/vga-passthrough/blob/master/2_A_WORD_OF_CAUTION.md

lol what a fucking joke. As usual with the PC crowd for the past 30 years: average frame rate trumps all, who gives a shit if it's stuttering like a bitch.

They don't like my suggestions on their forums.

Attached: linuscucktips.png (836x511, 31K)

>make retarded memey neckbeard response to a legit thread in a tech support section

>WOW THEY WARNED ME WOAH KEKS

Ain't that the cunt who cried while unboxing a fucking phone?

>Check out the Litrus software they mention
>Last update is 1 year 9 months ago

This is so typical of linux software. What a joke. This is why nobody in the consumer market will ever take it seriously.

that fat fuck he's with definitely browses too much Jow Forums
also of course he does, he probably is the #1 question asker in /sqt/

I thought everyone used playonlinux? WTF is lutris? Or better yet winebottles.

It's typical linux shit. Make a tutorial targeting normies that uses a bunch of software that no one actually uses so then you have to end up using the arch wiki to find the real shit.

Top kek

The name “GNU” is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not Unix!”; it is pronounced as one syllable with a hard g, like “grew” but with the letter “n” instead of “r”.

This is a recording of Richard Stallman saying “GNU” and another with a short explanation about how GNU was named:

· gnu.org/audio/gnu-pronunciation.ogg
· gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg

Attached: 1532323558215.png (907x830, 559K)

he's actually pretty fucking good
I like him (not linus, the fat dude)
gotta give props to linus for introducing me to this fatass

Is it a coincidence I just unsubscribed a couple days ago? Maybe they want me back?

>JUSTine

someone said earlier you can use one by not starting x

it's comfy

She cried and farted when Steve Jobs died.

goes to show you can't please everybody
i thought it was pretty good video

Is it possible with both AMD cpu and gpus?

>Especially with shit like wayland running on top?
wat
wayland is irrelevant, gnome is buggy, sway is laggy, only weston works with no performance hit but xwaland a shit
and why vsync in wayland anyway when it does not tear

>and farted
hot

youtu.be/loxmPuBOiPM?t=58

>>not GPU passthrough
it's a pain in the ass compared to winefile or cd /game/ wine game.exe

>make gta 5 open source
>sell it compiled for $50
I guarantee the sales would still be 90% the same. and the 10% would be made up by everyone else being able to run it.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like the guy tweaked his VM settings at all.

Yes, out of the box, GPU passthrough is pretty fucking stuttery. With a little bit of tweaking, you can eliminate that entirely.

you do need a second GPU you fucking retard. integrated CPU counts as a first GPU if that's what you use.

so then its pronounced "nu" as in "numale"?

and what tweaks would these be?

zen or liquorix kernel for starters.
You need to reduce latency of CPU operations and these kernels rein supreme.

Use a low overhead filesystem or stick NTFS on something as native as possible. RAW no qcow2.

Use performance scheduler and set windows VM to high performance.

>clicks new kernel
>boots without having to update driver
yea right

so you can run that benchmark and receive identical frame times on both native and VM?

He looks like he could be Randy's kid off My Name Is Earl.

Fucking lmao. Ijustine is such a fucking typical roastie whore. She's not even that smart

>wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Performance_tuning

It's been a while since I've fucked with it, but I vaguely remember getting the socket/core/thread allocation right eliminated effectively all of the stutter I was experiencing.

never heard of DXVK

should I get an AMD card since their driver actually works or should I try using buggy ass nvidia proprietary shit with it?

If you have an nVidia card, you should at least try it. It's going to be buggy either way as it's very new software.

>So, I'll be using Windows then. What's the point?
>It's a compromise. You know games are a pain in every other OS, might as well make the best of it.
REMEMBER KIDS, ITS NOT GAY IF HE ONLY PUTS THE TIP INSIDE YOUR ASS!

How are commies this delusional?

do I have to bleeding edge my nvidia driver? (I assume yes) usually that breaks shit
I have a gtx 760 and my system already thinks it's a 960.. rip
why must the jew torture me

I use it with Nvidia, can't vouch for AMD although I'd strongly assume it's better. Nvidia works well for the most part, but it has one very aggravating issue: DXVK relies very heavily on shader caching, since you end up with stuttering the first time a shader compiles. The Nvidia driver currently allocates a soft cap of 128MB of cache per game, which gets filled up very quickly in certain games. They're aware of the issue, but it hasn't been fixed yet. The main dev of DXVK uses AMD hardware, and I think DXVK has some neat features specific to the RADV driver. I don't think AMD has as much of a problem with stutter, either. Plus, with AMD, you can use Gallium Nine, although I'm not sure if that's still relevant anymore. I'm personally switching to AMD when they release their next line of GPUs a century from now.

I want to get rid of windows 10 so badly but I'm too lazy to learn GNU/Linux

>ooo-BUN-too

Attached: eXistenZ-Leigh-Law.jpg (1200x660, 70K)

Yeah, I think the minimum driver version you need is 396.24.02, most recent recommended driver is 396.45

If I were you, either rip off the bandaid now and get used to Linux, or roll back and use W7 until 2020 (when support for it ends), then switch to Linux. At the pace Linux has been improving, I think it'll be in a really great spot in a few years, anyway. Maybe we'll finally even have Wayland (loljk)

it's amazing in 1 year we go from
>AMD is unusable and shit on linux
to
>I'd strongly assume it's better
unreal, thank you AMD, seriously. I hope someone there sees this.

youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g

alright I'll just bleeding edge it all then

I'm on Ryzen, getting windows 7 to work would be a pain, I'd go back to windows xp or 7 in a heartbeat if I could though.

youtube.com/watch?v=mq35jjjo3NE
better video
brings a tear to my eye

all of us linux users need to join hands and sing against the winshit that lives. Not fight because we use a different distro

ryzen support was added to linux kernel months before release. it runs flawlessly

But I don't have time to learn GNU/Linux, I don't even bother cleaning my room or working on any of my personal projects.

there's nothing to learn, dumbfuck
you're obviously beyond fucking stupid, so install kubuntu and fuck off.

>it's amazing in 1 year we go from
>AMD is unusable and shit on linux
>to
>I'd strongly assume it's better
>unreal, thank you AMD, seriously. I hope >someone there sees this.
I know, I want to fucking kill myself. I replaced my old beloved HD6850 with a 1070, and this was before AMD started to get really good on Linux. Now I see how fantastic the experience on Linux has become on the AMD side. I'd switch, but Vega cards are still overpriced, and I have an overpriced G-sync monitor that I feel obligated to stick with for a while, hence waiting for AMD's next release to switch.

Don't I need to learn command line shit to install things and get basic stuff done? Can't just load up ninite or install .exe files like I can in windows?

Random YouTube visits one of the largest websites on the internet.

In other news, water is wet.

Gnu is an animal and pronounded Guh-new you fucking retard.

why do shit the idiot windows way when you can just click install and it does it for you on linux from the software center?
that's literally what windows 10 tried to do (and failed)

hahahha holy shit you fucked up
I have a GTX 760 which is why I don't really want to update my nvidia drivers but I guess I will, honestly I'm about to just buy a fucking AMD gpu at the very worst I can have two GPUs for shit.
updating my kernel & propreitary nvidia is literally the only thing that is remotely "tiresome" on linux, nothing is actually "hard"

I wish I had some card like that sitting around, boy the 6000 series was fucking fantastic days.

And what about running emulators and games? Pretty sure that's not a simple process. I also don't have a 2nd GPU to attempt GPU passthrough.

dolphin is a linux project
and it's by far the best emulator
chromium & firefox are linux projects
by far the best browsers
do I need to continue?

Just pick a user friendly distro and use it. You'll pick up on a lot of things just from passively using it.

Not really, most distros pack a lot of GUI frontends for shit like your package manager and whatnot. For basic use, you don't really ever need to touch the terminal (except sometimes when something goes wrong with your computer, but when you're a new user you're just going to be copy pasting shit from forums anyway). I don't really know why you wouldn't use it, though, it's much faster and simpler to use the terminal, half of the appeal of using Linux is the terminal. For basic terminal stuff like installing software, there's not really anything to "learn".

>At the pace Linux has been improving, I think it'll be in a really great spot in a few years,

hm this sounds familiar.

not really
_insert big company here_ is drastically improving their support in the past 2 years. More so than the past 10.