When will this shitty technology fucking die?

When will this shitty technology fucking die?
Good VA/IPS colors on 1440p @ 144hz panels are still basically non-existent.
Here's an album of 20 different $700 Asus PG279Q monitors all bleeding, not to mention dozens of dead pixels

Attached: IPS.png (850x564, 874K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/
imgur.com/a/jWO59
us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/ips-bleeding-explained
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thats a good album did you make it yourslef

should have got a Dell UltraSharp

Somehow the more expensive ips monitors have utter shit quality
U2515h here, got a almost perfect one

>buy Samsung C32HG70
>no dead pixel or weird color
Just don't buy chink shit

Attached: 172539558.jpg (1280x720, 257K)

Asus was good for a few years, very sturdy/nice picture lately though not so much. Some of their old monitors are still going though.

>he fell for the curved screen meme

You bought it, stop throwing a fucking bitch fit.

Ultrasharps all have some kind of bizarre/obscure hardware defect ranging from one of the backlights just turning itself off if you use a displayport cable, to losing signal every time you go to a fullscreen DX11 application until you power cycle the monitor, to one or more of the cable ports just not working at all. They also bleed like a motherfucker, but at least dell's dead pixel policy was less jewish than most the last time I had to use it.

Most of these sound like GPU fucking up. My 9800GT did something similar until I swapped it in 2013 or something. I was probably feeding some voltage through HDMI and fucked with the driver chip in the monitor.

It's not shitty technology, it's manual labor. Stop buying ultimate poorfag-tier garbage.

it would help if everyone would buy an Eizo. but frankly people want what they pay for

Another u2515h, also perfect. Though I heard first batches had color temperature stability problems.
>acer
>more expensive
kek
>Samsung
toppest kek, those pieces of shit bleed like hell
>They also bleed like a motherfucker
In my experience dell and lg are the most quality built displays and therefore have less bleed. Though some cheapest dells may bleed. When you buy a display you need to check build quality beforehand.

FYI backlight bleed is an issue of poor build. It appears when excess pressure is applied to matrix edge. Any display with LED backlight may have it, it all depends on quality control.

>google chrome

Dont buy LED panels idiots.
Get IPS or VA with CCFL.

panel manufacturers are just cheap fucks, NEC and some others solved this "problem" over a decade ago by using ATW Polarizers, seriously look it up. theres absolutely zero reasons to not have them included outside of a small added cost, but I'd easily pay an extra 20$ to have it on all my panels.

Microled 240hz 4k HDR monitors when?

Would you RMA it because of these two bleed spots on the left?

Attached: IMG_20180722_233414.jpg (3264x2448, 712K)

That’s normal. Rub them out.

I'd RMA my potato for taking such garbage photos.

Just use a TN panel for high refresh gaming. IPS is trash for gaming.
TN:
Faster refresh rates
Faster response time
Faster pixel response times
No backlight bleed

You can't honestly care about colour if you aren't using a HDR display. IPS and VA are a write-off for gaming.

Yeah... If I press there, they will move higher, I don't believe it's possible to fix. Anyway, what can be used to rub it, microfiber?
It's 700usd monitor and desu I don't want to ruin it any further.
Haven't updated my smartphone since 2012, it's Nexus 4 btw. All good except for dying battery.

>Nexus 4
Kinda miss mine, it was a nice phone.
Except for the garbage camera, which was made even worse on mine towards the end when autofocus would just not work 80% of the time.

Blame lack of competition, all of the 144Hz+ IPS panels are made by AU Optronics. Until there's a new player in the industry who can provide the same specs you have to play the backlight lottery.

>1440p

asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/

>le potato maymay

>fell for the curved meme instead
lmao

Curved is pretty nice for ultrawide. I took the risk but I am satisfied with it.

Attached: 20180722_190522.jpg (4032x2268, 2.34M)

no one who is working with color is using "HDR" displays

4k only makes sense in 32-34+ inches

imgur.com/a/jWO59

This. U2312HM master race here.

My u2515h's panel was made by AU Optroncis and doesn't have this problem, you have no idea what you are talking about.

What is a good 27-32" non-curved monitor with high contrast for movies? Seems like every monitor is flawed.

>60Hz
is this 1980?

this is fucking bullshit measurement of someone who didnt use neither

4k works for 24" as it does with 98"

only depends on personal preference

it's fine if all you do is play games and watch anime, but any kind of CAD, video editing or programming is impossible because of how much it fucks with perspective. for this kind of work you need to be able to quickly follow straight lines but there are none except what is directly inline with your eyes, really annoying shit.

sure it doesn't nice photo btw
why would I want 4 times the resolution of my current monitor in the same fucking form-factor?

Read my post you dumb faggot. Nowhere did I say all their panels were terrible just that they had a monopoly on high refresh rate panels which is completely true.

Hope you enjoying your shitty picture @ 144hz

see

to make text way sharper, watch movies with less visible aliasing and artifacts

are the most mentionable examples

I do, very much so. Enjoying your blurry mess and eyebleed?

haha oh wow

Attached: ­.jpg (409x310, 76K)

Never had an issue with programming or video editing myself.
The curve is gentle and actually makes everything look like a straight line, instead of warped, because the screen is large enough to cover the field of vision.

>blurry mess and eyebleed
is this 1980?

The problem with your post is that it's not an issue with panels. They sell a sandwich of matrix and backlight that don't have backlight bleed. It appears when display is assembled.
Dell, asus, aoc, acer may use identical panels but dell won't have backlight bleed while latter will have it.

>Enjoying your blurry mess and eyebleed?
how old are you? pissing and moaning about how awful state of the art 60Hz IPS panels shows you're probably still in school. try using 400 line a CRT for day to day work without developing optical tinnitus and then you can complain.

Source? I was under the impression that the backlight tech is provided by AUO. So you're saying it's third party vendors which cannot into backlight uniformity? Why is this such a problem for massive CE vendors if that's true?

It isn't as profound as you think it is on 34inch

us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/ips-bleeding-explained
>Slight deviations in the layering can cause pressure inside the display that can slightly displace the liquid crystals. As a result, more light can penetrate in some places than in others. The resulting light areas are what is referred to as backlight bleeding.
There may be different causes to backlight bleed but the most widespread is uneven pressure applied to panel edges in cheap displays assembled by poor children with no QA.