I just bought this 8 year old alienware

i just bought this 8 year old alienware,

12 gb of ram, i7, ect, ect.

also came with 10k worth of software.

bought today for 600$

how did i do ? how long will this thing last me, i bought it for school because it runs solidworks and other things well, so ive heard

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1010K)

Install gentoo

What the fuck, why would you buy an old laptop for that much? That thing won't last you another year, man.

/thread

$600 for a ThinkPad current year edition

Why not a $850 Ailenware R3 or a Ailenware R4 17?

Attached: 850.png (1830x770, 795K)

Too expensive

lol it came with 10,000$ worth of software that i can use to learn soliworks before i enroll in school, i also got a cooling stand. it was priced competitively to the ones that were even available, this one wasnt used for gaming 7 hours a day either. it was properly maintained.

i know for 200$ more i couldve gotten that but i liked the aestetics of this laptop a lot more.

any "newer" laptop will not run the programs that i need to run,

they simply cannot function high frame rates and high resolution, complex designs.

>> also came with 10k worth of software.
>> paying for software

Attached: 39a[1].gif (615x413, 1.96M)

>8 year old dell
yea enjoy its 3 months of remaining life

You could have just pirated the software yourself, you know.

I'm not crazy about alienware, but damn that is one beautiful laptop.

What's the gpu in it? What gen processor? Ram speed?

I brought an Alienware m11x just as a novelty
I like it

does the pirate bay even exist these days ?

i dont feel like downloading a virus if theres no trustworthy pirating site.

i know its a stupid question but ive gone like 2 years without a laptop, i was doing everything off an iphone 4 and wifi. pardon my retardation.

lmao right

You did fucking horrible.

I paid $350 for an 5 year old HP with the same ram, a desktop-grade i7 and a quadro gpu.
It also came with the original box, software and a sealed dock.

Thief

huh?

m11x r3
Intel Core i7-2617M (2x1.5GHz + HTT, 32nm, 4MB L3, Turbo to 2.6GHz, 17W)

12 GB RAM, Upgraded SSD that starts it up in around 15-20 seconds.

i bought it for the novelty as well, i wanted one in high school but they were 1700$

i doubt it has 12gb of ram. this laptop will pay for itself.

You paid too much for this ancient shit.

DDR3 RAM is cheap AF idiot. You are purely talking out of your ass. Likely regurgitating the points of the guy who conned you out of your money

What country are you from where the dollar sign goes after the amount?

lol i know i couldve gotten a more modern laptop, i chose to get this one because i like it the most. i dont think its a bad computer for the moneyZ

fuck you /nu/g/ and shave my balls, hang yourself and your family to kill off that inferior genepool

Attached: boomer01.png (1200x1200, 2.2M)

im from Canada, so are sheckles are worth far less than AMERIKEK

In Canada the dollar sign goes first. So you're just an idiot.
Also
>are
Confirmed for retard.

Sounds like it wasnt worth it desu mate. Make sure you pull it apart and dust it, reapply thermal paste etc. Also give the entire exterior a go over woth methylated spirits to remove cheeto dust/cum.

calm down, no need to be such a raging autist faggot, you make it so blunt. your personality is cancer. kys.

Attached: F8E1E1E4-02B8-4135-A791-44BC4E4BED3E.jpg (310x336, 85K)

lmao. you got me! im tol stoned off muh dank weed to care. people think they can somehow hurt my feelings but they cant. it amuses me. HA.

for $450 USD and 10k worth of software i dont even carez, i have a feeling it will serve its purpose, and be a tool that allows me to learn and get paidz

the laptop was taken extremely well off by the previous owner, no dust in the vents, no scratches, ect

Confirmed for not ever having smoked weed. Is there anything you won't pull out of your ass?

>10k of software
10kb? why is that something to brag about.

600 in OP now 450?
What kind of weed are you smoking retard?

It's a CAD conversion. This idiot lacks the social skills to articulate basic knowledge that the other person needs to give this context

You're a fucking idiot. A thread died for this. Post you're stupid fucking normie questions in the sqt thread next time you fucking leaf nigger.

meh, i didnt see anything more interesting on this board, so keep scrolling nigglet, payed 600 CAD or 450 USD as other user stated

smoke shatter everyday, done shrooms and lsd. dont need your normie flights im getting $$$ this the future niggah

just kys

You're everything that is wrong with Canada right now. This fucking wigger culture normie with absolutely no aspirations and stupid as fuck.

lmao what are you doing exactly to change the world, ?

Not wasting my money on deprecating gaymer hardware with 10k worth of pirated software or being a wigger.

lol good one i almost laughed

india

You can get 16gb of DDR3 for 60€ used

it depreciated from $1700 to $600..

yes cool. theres a lot more components that make up a computer

>ayy lmaoware
>sideways pic
>NPOT RAM
>worth of software
>i also got a cooling stand
>priced competitively
>they simply cannot function high frame rates and high resolution, complex designs.
>does the pirate bay even exist these days ?
So, this is bait, right?

holy shit m9

Attached: topfuckingkeks.jpg (600x582, 61K)