How many of you linux fags actually use it for productivity?

Work, learning coding, etc etc that's all fine.
But I see some of you using it as a go to for daily life,
then troubleshooting and complaining that half your shit doesn't work.
Why?

Windows 10 just works.

Attached: 1528231458528.gif (631x421, 1.24M)

What do you want dude?

What do you want?
What kind of question is that?
I asked my question.

What do want with that information? What do you hope to achieve?

I use it for everything, including "productivity".

Nothing really.
I'm super bored and felt like making a shit post.
But I'm serious.
Too many people go to this board asking why their music player doesn't work and shit.
Give up and give in.
To Windows.

Let them do what they want. Why do you give a fuck. If you're superbored I recommend /tv/.

The same could be said for you.
Why are you bothering keeping my thread alive if you want it dead?
Go to /b/ if you want to reply to shitposts, fag.

I agreed until you said windows
use a mac

1. WM is a lot better, so I can both study and cheese content more conveniently
2. No random raping of my SSD and CPU with 100% loads
3. No nagging for updates
4. Easier scripting (for example, playing some steam in MPV is way easier, taking screenshots with maim is amazing compared to shipping tool)
5. Way easier development. Simply adding something to path is awful with Windows.

Linux just works for me and I find Windows/MacOS to be slow, cumbersome and generally inconvenient.

mac is fine if you're super casual
i like the supreme variety of apps without having to MAKE them compatible.
i like apple products. i do.
but when it comes to freedom, windows has it locked.

Attached: 1524030187208.png (400x400, 626K)

except for windows phone
it had potential
now its defunct

Well i use manjaro daily a i do my uni work on it. Ee cs double major

What works about it? I've had to use it for clearing bioses on laptops (thanks dell for making .exes you fucks), had to make a USB drive for windows 10, tried on one computer, made the entire OS crash, tried DLing the ISO, which is on the same tool, crashed the system, went to another machine with the usb in tow, wouldn't make it and spat out some error, turns out that I had to run the fucking tool from the usb in admin as the fix, what about windows 10 "just werks", is it the games you play? Anything that needs to be done can be done through a VM for what doesn't want to work in wine. If I have to sit and read through garbage forums to fix proprietary windows garbage, whats the difference? Oh wait, linux doesn't spy on me and garble up resources for no damn reason.

dude maintenance is minimal
whatever machines you're working on
whatever youre doing with windows
all that shits retarded
im retarded
im super fucking stupid
but my windows 10 on my alienware
with windows defender, malwarebytes and sometimes ccleaner.
my shit is golden.
i dont have to come here to ask you fags advice.
my device is clean running and i dont have to stress about a single fucking thing.

hurrr i have to use wine to emulate the windows experience
use windows
faggots

I dont get you, are you for or against which os

I have no Windows or MacOS in my home/workplace. Nice to feel free...

>apps

Attached: B9d8MfOCAAAHHGR.jpg (720x540, 41K)

>but my windows 10 on my alienware
I can't believe some of you are actually taking OP seriously

I don't stress about anything, I have incremental backups and separate drives for media, I don't need that garbage because I have enough common sense not to do retarded shit, and no one comes here for advice unless they're memeing or just plain stupid, there are forums for any of the linux OSes that have way better documentation for problems that people encounter. Keep your garbage, I've never had as bad a time using linux as I have had using windows.
I get quicker times using wine than native windows.
Sorry if it didn't come off clear, I like linux and hate windows.

Attached: 1524309068733.jpg (854x479, 33K)

> Windows 10 just works
Not in my experience

A botched update forced me to waste a full day trying to reinstall win10. Most of it was waiting though, probably the servers were fucked. After attempting it so many times for some reason it refused to fix and keep data so i had to wipe my drives and do a clean install.
Even that took a few tries until win10 managed to download the files and launch. I somehow lost my licence as a result, and i didn't dab with any settings at the time that could cause this.
If for nothing else, linux is worlds better because it doesn't rely on a connection Microsoft.

maybe youre just stupid
windows 10 is easy like mac n cheese

You stupid linux is easy as fapping

tell that to the idiots who cant find a decent/working browser, media player, etc/

This.
I do everything I want on my Linux pc, why I would use your shitty OS? You tell me, why do you want me to use w10?

hey if it doesn't bother you, that's great.
but this board is pretty dedicated to troubleshooting your shit linux shit.

Attached: 1513947292690.jpg (512x512, 37K)

You forgot the endless Windowfags threads, Macfags shilling threads and people technologically impaired begging for help.

I WARN YOU ALL RMS SAYS GNU/LINUX

>windows
>freedom
Good one.

you must be in denial son
i just said dedicated
mostly
more than
fucking idiot

Look at the catalog, I don't see any "troubleshooting" linux thread.
>denial
Says the Windowsfag, but whatever, sure I am.

Attached: Screenshots.png (1366x768, 449K)

i dont see a windows general you fucking ignorant idiot

Attached: 1502319670379.png (211x402, 95K)

Are you even trying?
Here, your troubleshooting Windows thread.

Fucking kill yourself retard.

damn right you're safe :
The malware attack infected over 2.3 million users who downloaded or updated their CCleaner app between August and September last year from the official website with the backdoored version of the software

Here, some more.
Hurr durr help me to choose an antivirus.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1532348362983.jpg (1224x1632, 2.1M)

The ones complaining are windows shills. I've been using it for 8 years now as my main without issues. I even earn all of my income with it.

>Need to write a small poweshell script
>start ISE
>press ctrl r to search in history
>The window with my script disapears
>fuuu
>1000 times with up arrow
>try to paste something in the middle of the cmd line
>it gets inserted at the end
>fuuu
>Windows 10 just works.
Fuck you.

didn't say tech shit was good for windows
windows does just work for casual use
you wanna do you autistic shit of course stick with linux
fuck off

Linux can run a modern web browser, the cli is better and its free.
Troubleshooting is mostly when you didn't read the manual or when configuring it the first time.

Because unlike windows, it ACTUALLY just works unless you do something stupid like install Arch.

Stop sucking pajeet's cock and kill yourself retard.

>didn't say tech shit was good for windows
Go back to /v/ if you don't care about tech.

>complaining that half your shit doesn't work.
xubuntu 18.04 here.
Literally never happened to me. I use it as my daily OS. It works great. I do taxes, post on Jow Forums, listen to music and programming

I used to main Linux. Had a handful of issues, but nothing ridiculously major. This was back in like 2010.
the worst issues I've had have been the initial install on some machines (lol wifi, lol video), and then pulseaudio fucking being garbage (it's still a garbage design, and I'm still mad that despite how shit it was that every fucking major distro still went and adopted it for whatever reason, but it also doesn't require being killed all the time to get things to work again anymore)

even got Wine setup pretty well
I expected most shit that didn't need some big-ass installer to just work immediately, which it usually did. Wouldn't recommend my dad to use that shit, some programs had controls not drawing properly because GDI is absurd and incomprehensible, but it largely just worked.
managed to install Photoshop (thought I had some issue with the text tool, but apparently if certain fonts are missing from your machine, it crashes the same way on Windows too), used that a bunch
in fact, a huge part of my daily workflow still involved win32 binaries at the time, and there was a bunch of shit I ran under Wine because it worked better than the native version if it was multiplatform
Even used ImgBurn to write CDs instead of anything native.
shit, some things ran better under Wine than on Windows

Never cared too much about everything being FOSS, I just wanted shit that worked.

but nowadays, I'm just running Windows again
once I can't use 7 day-to-day anymore, I'm going back to Linux
windows 10 is a trash fire

lowest IQ post in the thread

>Windows 10 just works.
Opinion discarded. One of my friend reinstall that that almost every month while everybody hates 10 at work.

>but this board is pretty dedicated to troubleshooting your shit linux shit.
Well then, what the actual fuck are you doing here?

>now its defunct
It was DOA as micro&soft tried to copy apple as usual.

Yeah I'm convinced nobody here uses linux unironically, they all use w10 lowkey, just keep a distro to jerk each other off in screenfetch threads.

>ctrl + F
>"bait"

>Phrase not found
up yr game lol

Yeah I'm convinced nobody here uses desktops unironically, they all use phones lowkey, just keep a monitor to jerk each other off in bst threads.

>implying it's not obvious
It's only escaped from mods because it contains "tech related" words, like linux, windows and fags.

People are scared of something new. For both practical and philosophical reasons I use Linux daily. Any games that don't support Linux either get run through Wine and if that doesn't work they get abandoned.
For the original post, I use Linux for everything I do on my PC, and everything works perfectly fine. Is there a specific use case you're wondering about? If it wasn't suited for work, NASA wouldn't be using it on the ISS.
And this, back to you go.
Sage faggot OP.
Literally retarded

and guess what are they running on their phones
not linux, ill tell you that

>56 replies
guess not..?

hope you're trolling with em.

>I'm super bored and felt like making a shit post
Cool. Everyone could've stopped replying 9 hours ago.