Stupid Questions Thread /sqt/

All your short/stupid questions go here. Make sure to use google first. Post your question then come back later if you don't get an answer immediately. If someone feels like answering your question, they will. Just be patient.

Attached: imageamp1.jpg (1920x1280, 745K)

Other urls found in this thread:

name.com
icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
name.com/contact-domain-whois/csintel.net
wdprs.internic.net/
bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/640811/ways-of-infecting-your-bios/#entry4189590
ubuntu.com/download/desktop
ss64.com/nt/
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2015/06/11/table-of-basic-powershell-commands/
help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request-from-a-fork/
puri.sm/products/
windowscentral.com/how-reset-thumbnail-cache-windows-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where can I upload adult video files legally without setting up an account?

Doko.moe seems to have died, and everything else I found requires an account or does not allow sexually explicit content. I just want to anonymously upload some gameplay footage of an H-game, but I don't want to give my personal info to a website just to upload it if I can avoid it.

How to fix the mistake of choosing a tech related job?
Working with computers is hell, I wish I had chosen a manual job, like welder.

do I need to enable FXP on a Debian & Ubuntu server or is it enabled out of the box?

I was looking for a specific folder I had buried somewhere in my massive collection of media folders and after windows search showed nothing I made a new folder with the same name.
Later I actually found the folder, same name and everything, despite windows not finding it when I searched. I even copied and pasted the folder name into the search bar and it only returned the new one I made, but not the old one that was there all along and I'm staring right at.

What the fuck is up with that? What would make the search just refuse to show me this folder despite the exact name, even down to the lower/upper case letters, all matching?

For the sake of clarity this isn't me using Windows 7's dumb libraries or anything, this folder is in this location:
C:\Users\Example\Documents\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\Folder4a\Folder5

In the example, Folder5a is what I was searching for. Now here's an example of the new one:
C:\Users\Example\Documents\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\Folder4b\Folder5

Now when I do a windows search, starting the search from within Folder1, it only shows me the second Folder5, instead of both, despite their matching names. I'm probably doing a convoluted job of explaining it but it's such a random problem I've never had/noticed before, and I'm worried about how many folders I may have thought I lost just because Windows didn't find it with it's shitty search feature.

Attached: 23436713757.gif (500x500, 1.49M)

>In the example, Folder5a is what I was searching for
My typo should be obvious but I meant Folder5 is what I was searching for.

Can wireless traffic between a router and device be intercepted?

WPA2-PSK only protects access to the router right? It doesn't encrypt the actual content of the traffic.

Are there routers which do encrypt traffic? Will ther be any detrimental effect on speed?

Basically i can't have a wire between my router and PC anymore and am worried about wireless security.

Attached: 1513652031880.jpg (1000x666, 17K)

>i can't have a wire between my router and PC anymore
Yes you can, stop being a kid and man the fuck up

>It doesn't encrypt the actual content of the traffic.
Incorrect

but that'll be 11 m long and run through 2 doorways

CCMP does that

You should be using "Everything" on Windows. There is no alternative to that.

What the fuck is pic related and why does it take me to either a roundcube login page or some random telecom's site?

Attached: 1530323630615.png (472x158, 4K)

My image folders (windows 10) keep doing this thing where they stop showing previews and thumbnails. When I copy all the files to a new folder, they start working again. All the settings to display thumbnails are on, and I can't find anyone else having this specific problem, does it have a fix?

Is there anything that could stop eczema's vesicles from appearing? I already use topical steroid cream but they keep coming back ;_;

Domain Name CSINTEL.NET
Registry Domain ID 2062027829_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server whois.name.com
Registrar URL name.com
Updated Date 2017-01-16T02:10:31Z
Creation Date 2016-09-26T19:54:24Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date 2018-09-26T19:54:24Z
Registrar Name.com, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID 625
Reseller
Domain Status clientTransferProhibited icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name Whois Agent
Registrant Organization Domain Protection Services, Inc.
Registrant Street PO Box 1769
Registrant City Denver
Registrant State/Province CO
Registrant Postal Code 80201
Registrant Country US
Registrant Phone +1.7208009072
Registrant Fax +1.7209758725
Registrant Email name.com/contact-domain-whois/csintel.net
Registry Admin ID Not Available From Registry
Admin Name Whois Agent
Admin Organization Domain Protection Services, Inc.
Admin Street PO Box 1769
Admin City Denver
Admin State/Province CO
Admin Postal Code 80201
Admin Country US
Admin Phone +1.7208009072
Admin Fax +1.7209758725
Admin Email name.com/contact-domain-whois/csintel.net
Registry Tech ID Not Available From Registry
Tech Name Whois Agent
Tech Organization Domain Protection Services, Inc.
Tech Street PO Box 1769
Tech City Denver
Tech State/Province CO
Tech Postal Code 80201
Tech Country US
Tech Phone +1.7208009072
Tech Fax +1.7209758725
Tech Email name.com/contact-domain-whois/csintel.net
Name Server ns1bdg.name.com
Name Server ns2bls.name.com
Name Server ns3ckl.name.com
Name Server ns4fpy.name.com
DNSSEC unSigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone +1.7203101849
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System wdprs.internic.net/

are you stupid? yes it's all encrypted. The connection itself is exchanging encryption keys

When a touchscreen goes bad and gets dead spots or stops working altogether, what is the cause of it? The digitizer looks like such a primitive thing, what is there in it to fail?

how does one isolate usb storage devices from executing some malware upon connecting it to a computer?

Do a welding course?

Change autoplay setting for USB to "Ask me every time" or "Take no action" or just use Linux since most malware are typically for Windows.

Where do i find free license keys for eset nod 32?

Attached: 6QsqPwP.jpg (434x512, 29K)

unironically, russian boards/forums.

This is a games question.
With capped 60FPS, the frame times sit at about 17ms in most games, with frequent spikes upwards of ~25.
Is there a way to bring frame times down at all, or is it pointless?
I'm fine with uncapped frame rate, I was just curious about it.

>Is there a way to bring frame times down at all
no, because it's capped at 60fps
1/60th of a second is ~16.67ms, frame time and frame rate are just different methods to measure the same thing

My sister married this idiot who thinks he's a genius but came to me about a based linux question. He later goes on about how he has this "hack" in his phone that he can wave his phone around and it will "vibrate" or "beep" if it finds a cop's radar gun. I googled such thing and nothing comes up. does such a thing really work? He claims that it's not an "app" but a "hack in the code" literal fucking words of his

On a scale of 1/10 how stupid is he?

arent there any other low level firmware attacks that can bypass this kind of protection?
what if it a bios targeting malware

Is there some workaround to enable audio when using mpv on Android to watch YouTube videos over 720p via NewPipe?

it is really hdmi so vastly superior to vga?

He's -10 stupid and so is your sister for marrying him.

we fucking told her ass. Even AFTER he's beaten her several times.

I need a new tech project .___.
I'm bored
Maybe I'll just go through my Linux textbooks or something.

Attached: 1532131811711.png (1064x1118, 573K)

>what if it a bios targeting malware
bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/640811/ways-of-infecting-your-bios/#entry4189590
>yfw nsa

Yikes. You should beat him up in an alley or some shit.

Attached: 15312946788840.jpg (560x600, 59K)

toaster + bath + plugged in + you
It's an AWESOME experiment. You should try it!

It will only work if the tub is filled with water

I wish, he's bigger than me. I would love to break his knees

Might be stockholm syndrome.
If I were you, I'd collect domestic abuse evidences and report him ass.

/diy/

who just shitposts in the stupid questions thread... .__.

Attached: 1532077066953.png (1024x768, 258K)

Follow him when he's drunk and grab a bat. But if it backfires and he feels like a bitch afterwards, he might need to beat your sister again to feel strong. Really a bad situation she got herself into :(

Attached: 1527218984265.jpg (850x1241, 171K)

It is, but we've already done everything we can think of right now.

> .____.
Please kindly fuck off

no.. ._.

Jow Forums is meant for 18+. Did you ask your mom and dad for permission to access the internet?

im almost 30... all I wanted was a tech project...I'll probably just practice Linux stuff idk.

Attached: download (4).png (225x225, 13K)

xDDDDD
>I'm almost 30 and I talk like a 16 year old gay child xDDDDD OMG .____. Jow Forums is so weird guys like why did you tell me to go here?

stop..I'm serious..please just answer my question ok...

Attached: 1531853672167.jpg (284x275, 32K)

xDDDDD No.
Fuck are you really this fucking pathetic at almost 30? dude, you really need to grow some balls.

I'll answer your question if you stop acting like a child being picked on on the playground

Is shrink/growth ray tech possible? I really want a girlfriend who's roughly 20 ft tall desu

Not for another 200 years user

i just want a little project...maybe with a raspberry pi or something I want to be tech savvy but I'm kinda dumb..idk I made a retropi kinda wanna add stuff to that. Taught me how to remote access my stuff and lots of other stuff. idk I want to die now..

Attached: images (9).jpg (232x217, 16K)

That's too long, how can we expedite R&D down to like 10 years max?

There ya go, you answered your own question buddy. Also, stop avatarfagging before you get yourself banned. That's legit against the rules.

fine:
Go download something like virtual box or find a free version and google "linux distribution tree" and look what all there is, there's thousands of variations of unix/gnu/linux you can tinker with. Try out Peppermint linux

Abolish organized religion. No seriously, if you did, technology would soar.

True true...I tried downloading virtual box on my 17.04 Ubuntu but it didn't work. Maybe I'll try it again. I want to play with Mac os since normies use it and learn how it works.

Out of curiousty, are you autistic? I'm not tryina be mean, just curious.

It's very easy. I don't know how you can fuck up v-boxing Ubuntu. Just go grap mint or something.
>17
We are on 18 now.

I didn't know how to get 18 plus I'm comfy with 17...the instant reviews and shitposts here scared me into getting it...I'll do it now tho I guess idk..

Attached: ba4e977054d40293611159b3d6fa1caa.jpg (727x1099, 101K)

ubuntu.com/download/desktop

click the download button, its a big file

I just went through software update uwu it isn't working though. It never works..

Powerline

18 is just an update, nothing changes.

Just go get it.
`suo apt-get upgrade` didn't work?

Yes. Check up the specs, HDMI is a digital format and can deliver much higher resolutions and frequencies.

Might be my internet connection idk
I just restarted it. This is a simple thing idk it's not working

I bought some stuff on Costco online and it said there would be a 5% surcharge since I don't have an account but I didn't see 5% added to my order anywhere. Did they not add it? Or is it just calculated into the prices of the individual items?

I only bought fish oil & eye drops so I don't know if those items are exempt, they said "prescription drugs" are exempt but those don't really sound like prescription items just stuff you can grab on the shelf

Can anyone explain why DNS66 can't block ads in Germany? I'm here on a vacation and it seems to fail to block anything. I had to switch to firefox and use uBlock Origin.
It doesn't sound possible unless this shithole injects it's own ads into your actual web traffic.

Maybe you're using IPv6.

It looks like patching the hosts file works fine, but that doesn't explain why DNS blocking doesn't work when it does in every other country I've visited.

DNS66 has ipv6 support, it should work shouldn't it? Also I was on 2 different locations testing this (different ISPs), do all ISPs here default you to ipv6?

What's a good alternative to Thunar file browser? It's the default on Mint, so I don't really know what I'm missing, but I've heard there are better alternatives.

Ah, seems like their readme isn't up to date, as it said it doesn't.
As the developer is actually german and the default block lists come from a well known german computer club I'd say that it should work in germany without any issues.

Did you change some settings?

major programminglet here
#include
void substring (const char source[], int start, int count, char result[])
{
int i = 0;
for (start; start

Is Visual Studio Community free or not? I thought it used to be. It says my 30 day trial expired and now wants me to make an account.

>hurr, just make the account
I'm sick of making an account for every fucking thing in my life. Soon I'm gonna have to make a God damned account with Heinz in order to open up a bottle of ketchup. It's getting ridiculous.

Also, what are some good alternatives to Visual Studio that don't cost anything and don't require a fucking account? And no, I'm not interested in Vi/Vim.

repost:
is zfs a replacement for raid? I just setup freeNas for the first time and I notice that one of the drives on the volume is dying. I already have a bunch of data on there and don't want to redo everything. Can I just take out the drive and replace it without worrying about anything going missing?

Attached: 1531687891814.jpg (660x660, 131K)

It's free, but you need an account to renew the license.
I log in once every few months to reactivate it.

Use visual studio code instead if you don't need any specific VS only feature.

You could try VS Code, but Community -is- free.

Thanks.

What do I use to make simple GUIs in java?

>Can I just take out the drive and replace it without worrying about anything going missing?
Is depends on the raid level.

That entire thing doesn't make much sense.

It spaghetti because you never initialized your result strings, your start and count

Any good tutorial for a braInlet to learn to use the commands for cmd and powershell?

Attached: 1531829245965.jpg (690x520, 85K)

I didn't change anything, I even tried including a larger block list. Also, changing the DNS inside the app doesn't fix anything.

figure out what you want to do, then look up each step and combine them

For now I don't know, I just want to learn it all or most of it, I was googling for a sort of encyclopedia of commands, how to write them and with a description of what they do and memorize them but I can't seem to find anything of the sort.

I can never memorize the commands and their parameters, there's just too many.
I just look them up when I need to.

Check out ss64.com/nt/ and blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2015/06/11/table-of-basic-powershell-commands/

Can I reformat my windows installation
without affecting my lignux installation?

Thanks man, looks great.

Yes, you can use the restore system option from the settings or just install windows 10 as usual and re-install grub bootloader if that's what you use to boot both os

I cloned a github repo of some guy, and created a branch (locally) that implements some feature.

how do I "give" this branch to the guy with the repo so my feature can be pulled into the main repo?
I have a github account also

Attached: github.jpg (960x320, 30K)

you push it onto your forked version and then create a pull request from your version to the original version.

help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request-from-a-fork/

What is the absolute best laptop for installing Linux on with the intent of learning programming

Hard mode: No Thinkpads, and a good screen is a bonus

What's the easiest way to remove bloatware (unneeded programs) from my GNU/Debian Linux system?

I plan on moving from dual boot to running just Ubuntu. Is it better to wait till the 26th for 18.04.1 or should I just do it now?

puri.sm/products/
can't beat it. Anti-botnet as a bonus too.

thx, please accept these doggos as a sign of my gratitude

Attached: lil_doggos_with_mami.webm (704x394, 2.95M)

>price
>can get a better asus
>Anti-botnet
>blueprints arent FOSS licensed

Synaptic, then deborphan to remove unneeded libraries (optional use bleachbit)

Don’t bloat to begin with
Download a mini installer of your favorite distro and copy everything over that you need. Then be picky about what you install going forward
Ubuntu has a mini ISO that’s like 50mb. Compare that to the 1gb full installer and that’s a lotta bloat

windowscentral.com/how-reset-thumbnail-cache-windows-10

how difficult is it to root an android phone? my mom has a samsung j3 (2016) which has been acting up, i thought rooting it and flashing a newer android version might fix it.
the last time i did something similar was over a decade ago, when i installed android/wp7 on my htc hd2, but i've never actually rooted an android phone before. what do i need to know before i start? is xda still the place to go?

Just do it now. Those sub-sub versions literally mean nothing to a generic end-user.

It can be anything from one click through the 12th plane of torment to impossible to root.
Older and used to be popular phones, like the samshit you mentioned, are tend to be easier or have better support. When I rooted lagdroid devices it was usually
1. unlock bootloader
2. flash TWRP recovery firmware
3. put root.zip made for the phone on the SD card
4. boot to TWRP and use it to install root.zip

that doesn't sound too difficult, thanks!

*over half a decade btw