Still ubuntu having Amazon pre-installed applications and being part of the botnet in its latest versions?

Still ubuntu having Amazon pre-installed applications and being part of the botnet in its latest versions?

Attached: Ubuntu.jpg (718x479, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/news/ubuntu-plans-to-collect-data-on-desktop-pcs-unless-you-tell-it-not-to
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

running xubuntu. No amazon or any "botnet" preinstalled senpai. Running 18.04. Let this meme die pls

Yes

There's an Amazon launcher in stock Ubuntu, that is all.

amazon launcher but nothing else. not to mention there was an entire website dedicated to the one-liner that removed the amazon spyshit.

>xubuntu
this

just use mint

Whats your native language?

ISO's have been compromised in the past. I would avoid that distro.

Mint is shit, Debian is superior in every way

I believe the issue has been fixed.
It's a nice distro.

Mint has the same botnet.
>Ubuntu deals with Amazon and has reduced the integration to only a single launcher (and some opt-in features), removing everything community didn't like
>Mint is in a deal with Yahoo to use it as a default and only provider, and sends your searches to Yahoo making it just as bad as Ubuntu was in v14-15
You're dumb

That is, you're dumb if you think mint is any better. It's actually worse.

Current Ubuntu comes with telemetry which is sadly opt-out.

[citation needed]

techradar.com/news/ubuntu-plans-to-collect-data-on-desktop-pcs-unless-you-tell-it-not-to

Just use Debian

This, but you spelled Kubuntu wrong.

its like you hate your hardware being supported

anyone have the link for that?¿

>Whats your native language?
why you asking for?

KDE MEME

OMG

Fedora is the solution

After you install it comes up immediately after logging in asking if you will allow them to collect data, it's literally a fucking button press and not even hidden behind anything

Give me another distro that will 100% work out of the box on my 2014 MBP and I'll consider it

Just get Elementary OS with an ASUS laptop and run a poorfag's Mac.

just pick minimal install you mongoloid

amazontu botnet

how the fuck do you resize a pasted image in ubuntu?
I downloaded shitload of stupid programs and none could resize the image like in ms paint

however i love xubuntu, currently posting from a pc that my company wanted to dump because of shit performace

>Ubuntu
You mean Linux for windows users? They are just appeasing you user, you are literally installing a windows distro.

this shit made me laugh HAHHAHA

>collect hardware statistics
>OMG IS BOTNET! HELP, STOP STEALING MY INFORMATIONS!

IT'S FUCKING NOTHING, fucking retard!

Why Is Mint worse? Fucking pajeet

it has a web launcher that allows opens a browser on amazon site. No data mining included in the shell (too much of a clusterfuck to implement this).
sudo apt purge ubuntu-web-launchers

"Package 'ubuntu-web-launchers' is not installed, so not removed"
18.04 LTS installed two days ago. Minimal install.

best things to do after minimal install?

i always do the bloat installation and remove everything, good to know that they don't include it in the minimal install.

Because it takes more clicks to remove, it actually tracks you unlike the OPT IN Amazon botnet in Ubuntu, and the distro is always behind Ubuntu.
>Fucking pajeet
Ahahahaha, nice argument. I'll raise you by you dumb fucking piece of shit.

Use Xubuntu, Use Minimal Install Option, Use the website dedicated to removing it. Fail Bait.

which is that website?

fpbp

Umm no sweaty

I always use the Ubuntu minimal install. Works fine and i can install whatever I like afterwards.

Just get the mini net install iso and only install the packages you need

Just use fucking Debian

I used to but prefer Ubuntu.

>outdated repos
>none of the cool ppa bullshit
Debian is boomer technology.

I personally use Arch, but the only advantage you get on Ubuntu that you don't get on Debian is PPAs. Debian even supports snaps.

>using racial slurs

Install all the software you would have had by default if you had done a normal install.

you're not supposed to install ubuntu anyway
you're supposed to install lubuntu

>Give me another distro that will 100% work out of the box on my 2014 MBP and I'll consider it
Maybe the one that came with it?

Attached: 1468280972261.gif (352x362, 1.37M)

>i have no friends, gf or hobbies so i waste my precious time on earth solving stupid hardware problems like no audio in fucking 2018

>Ubuntu o mini iso
>pick a lightweight de or go full autism and pick individual packages
>reboot
>you have clean ubuntu
Geez

Debian stable masterrace.

kolourpaint

thanks exactly what i needed

you worded a question as a phrase

I'm going to try ubuntu minimal install today

This is a social media site now?

Install Xubuntu

yes, give me a fav pls

>literally the most unstable DE ever made
yea no thanks

debian and anything based on it is fucking garbage

Install Debian Stable.

When you grow up, install Debian Unstable.