/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

What can an HD 7540D run?

Attached: 1527108150926.jpg (720x960, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dfkt/win10-unfuck/blob/master/Jow
lutris.net
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
hirensbootcd.org/download/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157769&ignorebbr=1
superuser.com/a/237821
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will a Chromecast ultra be able to play hevc 10bit 4k video at +50mbps? Or is it a scam.

Jow Forums approved win10 debloat script?

found this one github.com/dfkt/win10-unfuck/blob/master/Jow Forums-g-scripts-UNTESTED/Debloat-Windows10.ps1

You fucking stole my meme from the wisdom thread

bumb

Why do so many retards put double space after a period?

Where can I download .ipa files that aren't pozzed with malware?

is it safe to run imagemagick/pngcrush on android through usb?

I know in some text formatting software it creates a new line

Why the fuck would you use 50mbps on HEVC? isn’t that the whole point of the codec, to avoid having to use such a large bitrate for quality rips?

>signed a programming job offer
>start on the 30th
>couple of companies have asked for phone interviews later this week

Should I still do them? I like the job ive taken but im not sure if I should take more interviews as fallback just in case.

I would, you don’t have to take them if they offer, they might not even offer at all. If you like one of them more than the programming job you got in the meantime, you can just resign with the reason that you were offered an opportunity you can’t pass up.

Is it worth buying used SAS drives on ebay for homelab data hoarding? How do I know they won't die within a month?

It would be good practice to interview with the other companies. Even if you don't think you would take the job with them getting experience with interviewing is always a valuable thing to have.

Attached: 1520260759086.gif (400x400, 252K)

A desktop environment, youtube 720p, Jow Forums.
One of the above at a time, that is.

Attached: Untitled.png (1173x831, 131K)

I often surf the net from my bed. lately i've been using my scrotum as a mouse cable bungee. Is it safe to do so or will the 24mhz usb bus frequency cause sterility?

Does it matter? You don't sound like the type of person that would breed.

Lol no new friend

my health is sentimental to me.

how does resolution affect crt refresh rate?
if it can do 1920 x 1440 at 64 Hz = 176947200pixelhertz
does that translate into 135Hz at 1024 x 1280 (176947200pixelhertz/(1024*1280))?

am i being a retard?

/sqt/ - 2022
>What can a Vega 8 run?
>You might be able to get away with YouTube 480p, and a desktop with no GUI

are IPTV subscriptions even worth the money? from what i've heard from people's experiences it doesn't sound to me like you're much better off than you would be just googling m3us and using Kodi addons. anyone here use a reliable service they recommend? i'm particularly interested in international streams

I'm looking for a VPS that I can use as a seedbox, maybe as a proxy and maybe to host little nodejs projects.

What are Jow Forums approved, freedom respecting VPS hosts?

yes, but there are panels that can achieve what youre asking with 1:1 interp

I've lost all hope but here I go anyways

I have a Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 (Sprint) that I'm trying to get Lineage to work on. My current provider is Ting, which runs on the Sprint/CDMA network. I'm able to get cellular set up and working on the stock ROM, but once I go to Lineage, I can't make any calls or texts. Lineage has no support for USSD codes, so activation cannot be done in Lineage. I've tried to activate service in stock, then flash Lineage, but in order to install it, it needs to be a clean install, meaning I would lose my activation from stock.

Is there any way I can install Lineage while keeping cellular activation?

Attached: Spotted Cow.jpg (919x720, 59K)

Is there a way to get files from a USB drive into retropi on my raspberry pi? I have a ton of games from a computer from 2011 just lying there and I want to copy them to my retropi because why the fuck not?

Attached: 1532221610888.jpg (1080x1350, 196K)

Is full-body VR where I can go to sleep and have fantasy worlds zapped into my brain physically possible? If it is will it happen in my lifetime? I need a reason to live.

Attached: llenn--2.08.jpg (210x240, 18K)

THATS NOT HOW GROUNDING WORKS

ALSO CALLING IT EARTHING IS GAY AND ENGLAND WAS MISTAKE

there are no publicly accessible www sites with an .arpa TLD are there

>that boomer that doesn't get a joke image then has their post deleted on an anonymous image board

> physically possible
Sure
> will it happen in my lifetime
Hard to say. People who were teens in the 60s saw computers as gigantic things you could find in a very well-funded lab; any still alive in this decade will have seen ubiquitous gadgets that fit in the palm and are connected to the Internet. For all we know, within two decades we will have sufficiently reverse engineered the spinal brain to be able to interface with the head and create VR worlds.

Or maybe that won't happen for the next 200 years.

Or maybe medicine will let you keep moving for 200 more years.

I'm thinking about getting a GPD-Win 2 so I can have more memory on my main computer to run other things instead. I currently have two computers, one for work and one for everything else - both laptops. Would it be a good deal over building a new computer if you're not playing anything too demanding? I am not sure if adding more RAM to a computer would help if a software has memory leaks or takes up a lot to begin with.

is there a desktop equivalent to tachiyomi? something a bit like ahoviewer but for manga

bsd anons.
how to check disks from a mountroot prompt? or do i literally just ufs:/dev/***** each one form ? until i hit it?

So, I just bought a 1050ti Mini on ebay, was wondering if it's true that it doesn't require being connected to the PSU, just via the motherboard.

Also, does anyone know if USPS expedited is decently fast?

if it's linux yes I guess. Just mount the usb and use cp or rsync to copy the files where you want them

How do I make dick ass sure there's no malware on muh wangblows PC without losing crucial files? I just want to take my files out, nuke it, and put them back in, but how do I know they don't have the internet HIV?
>inb4 wangblows is malware

Attached: 1523678616099.jpg (391x513, 101K)

it doesn't, has no 4pin connector

1050Ti is pretty solid if you don't need anything above 1080p 60hz

WHY DO YOU SUSPECT MALWARE

IF YOU WERE PWNT THEY COULD HAVE GOT INTO FIRMWARE SO NUKING OS WONT HELP

CIA HAS GLOWING BACKDOORS IN ALL HARDWARE ANYWAY

how do I get a google maps api key without giving credit card info?

This has been my pc for quite some time, would you recommend me some parts to upgrade without busting my wallet?

I cant afford a top notch mobo, proc and gfx cards but If you could recommend me an AM3 socket graphic card and probably a new processor I'll be in debt with you all guys..

Attached: pcstats.png (657x519, 54K)

why put it back on?
wine is pretty great these days for muh games and lutris is pretty cool.
lutris.net
and the only real way is an absolute fresh install.

RX580

just save up for a new build, you won't be doing much upgrading with an am3

Is there any way to use Fox Now without a cable tv provider?

Everything.
You can reuse the HDDs tops.
It will be expensive as fuck to upgrade for you.

I was in a similar position to you and I realized that the best investment was to just save up for a massive upgrade. I ended building a high end workstation for $2500 usd after saving up.

Used Thinkcentre M92p or M93p with a new low profile GTX 1050Ti if your budget is $300 or less.
If its $400 or more a Ryzen 2200G build.

Back when AM3 was a thing AMD was a joke when it came to performance, there is not really many options you can upgrade to.

How do I access the Intel AMT web interface on my desktop? Is it even possible without modifying BIOS settings?

Thanks, and yeah I'm fine with 1080p.

Well, technically 1680x1050, I fell for the golden ratio meme.

Any programs I could download for Android or Windows that can detect and alert me of WiFi interference? Currently using a laptop wifi and I get sudden lag for a few seconds, which can kick me off internet games and video chat. I'm wondering if there's some interference or something that's causing it.

why are my controller's buttons already bound to keyboard buttons if im not running any program for it?

Depends on the kind of drivers they use.
Most cheap ones are just keyboards with a few buttons.

Would car headlight polisher work on acrylic cases?

I have a 23" 1080 HP something IPS display hooked to my docked thinkpad. I was using it an kinda old dell 1440x900 or similar 19" TN display I got from work for free. Yesterday installed a 1080 mod into the thinkpad, and am thinking of removing the Dell monitor completely.

WWYD ? More screen with less resolution, or more resolution on smaller screen as secondary display ? I have to choose either 2 of the 3 displays

Attached: logo.png (780x780, 130K)

I've tried 2 windows installers, and hiren's boot CD. But none of them want to boot on my computer. Linux boots just fine. This has happened recently and I've seen it bsod it never gives me a chance to see what's on there.

Which ISOs are you trying and how are you making your bootable USB?

xx

Run some boot disk with an integrated malware scanner. Here in Germany they come with some pc magazines every couple of weeks and you can find lots of images to download and burn for free (which you should be using another device for obviously).

If you suspect it might be something so serious that it got into the firmware take the drive with your desired files out (sell rest of system on eBay or similar), put it as second drive in some Linux system, copy files to third drive (which you know of that it's clean), wipe possibly still infected disk and also sell on the internet.

Take disk with desired data, put it in a clean pc and then run the boot disk with the antivirus.

There is still a chance your shit gets raped, as you have stuff taken from a known infected device, but most malware nowadays is killed by simply formatting the drive, since it's more than good enough to rape normies. Basically 80/20-rule also applies to malware dev, so you should be fine.

Alternative option is to upload your files to the botnet (gdrive or something), which check uploaded shit for viruses, but since we're on g this might not seem like an option to you.

Regarding the boot disk you really should use a disk you burn the image on instead of going for the more convenient way of live USB, since leftover malicious shit could theoretically fuck up your malware scanner live USB.

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
hirensbootcd.org/download/
I wrote them on an actual dvd.
One of them worked for installing, so I don't understand why it doesn't work now.

Get a USB, use Rufus.

Why do some audio files not show bit rate generally have blank properties. Why can't I edit them even if I checked off read-only?

Attached: 7.jpg (1462x2046, 98K)

the system I'm trying to boot into is the only windows system I have, so rufus isn't an option.

I've found a way to read the bsod, which is a 0x7b, which means it can't find the boot device. That's weird since it's loading all that from the drive to begin with

What's the best way to mount Android on GNU/Linux? Is it possible to get access to the root directory even without a rooted phone?

Attached: 1532386529799.jpg (1280x1153, 322K)

i want an excuse to set up a home server

pls advise, what cool thing can i do with a home server

if i set up a VPN with my router and ssh into my home network and shit, what kind of shit can i do while being suhc a cool hackerman??

you can use mine if you want

What's the best programming language?

Attached: innocent_donkey.jpg.png (632x373, 55K)

Wait am I retarded or does this support Ryzen 2000 series?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157769&ignorebbr=1

Attached: 1530470461654.jpg (1152x2048, 253K)

X470 does.
Avoid ASrock motherboards.

Buy something half-decent used from ebay, buy new graphics card, put in ssd and (maybe) upgrade RAM.

Toss the current pos or keep it for sentimental reasons.

(((LISP)))

Why should I avoid asrock?

Low quality stuff in general, shitty VRMs and VRM layout.
There is a reason why their motherboards are cheaper than the rest.

Ok, thanks user. But do you think it's worth it at 100$

Attached: 1494927458412.jpg (400x323, 51K)

>/sqt/ - 2400G is on par with GT 1030, 1050 even
>no, put $7k 5GHz RAM on it, reach 1050 Ti speeds

asrock is fine, even for mild overclocking.
get a board that has the connectors/features you want

So I'm stuck at hospital, and I can't play me chink MMOs, the sysadmin set up SOPHOS on the network, I setup TOR as my proxy, which does unblock 100% of sites, but it doesn't help me get into the game. What do?

Attached: image.jpg (1066x600, 98K)

hotspot your phone and play over your carrier

ssh into your home server/VPS
you DO have one of those, right?

Run a 10 meg pipe GUI on the 'Fi and black hat your medical records to exfiltrate the hospital.

>then maybe you'll get 720p YouTube

How do? I'm retarded but not as much as my sysadmin, which somehow managed to block half of my (((Google))) searches thanks to SOPHOS.

Also this is probably retarded but I also have Proxifier installed.

kek, i can run XFCE and 720p youtube video just fine (at the same time!) on my 2005 laptop
it's 915GM integrated graphics doesn't have an entry on that website, with the newer series 4 chipset being the oldest they have to compare to

Attached: a.png (765x573, 153K)

Point at him and laugh!

What would you define as mild overclocking for the 2700?

Now days youtube has nothing to do with the GPU. I just booted a x5460 (Undervolted to 0.9V and underclocked to 2.2GHz) with an Nvidia 6200, it displayed 1080p videos on youtube without any problem at all.

>his browser has no hardware acceleration
I've set waterfox to run on my dedicated GPU and I can literally see the usage running 4K videos.

I have a stupid question, I know that ram can overflow into a drive, can I select wich drive to use as virtual ram?

an nvidia 6150 will do 1080p no prob

You can, on linux. It's called Swap.

I was making fun of

Can I do it on Windows?

for windows superuser.com/a/237821

does anyone have a vim langmap for swe/fin -> en_us ?
I cannot fucking BELIEVE how worthless google is again. And how fucking stupid the langmap command is to not have anything predefined

Thanks uwu

Yeah, Appearance and Performance -> Advanced -> Change and play around.
I hypocritically have a RAMDisk pagefile because some shit programs needlessly swap.

What mobos would you say are good quality? It's so hard to find objective info these days if you don't already know enough about electronics to make your own assessment, since every single "review" just gives some benchmarks and opinions on the aesthetic while the specs never include details about the components and stuff.

Is there a ~10ft DP cable that can reliably support 1440p @ 144hz or should I just rearrange my space and get a shorter cable? Went through a couple cables and still get flickering