Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/to-Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I need to use the internet.

stallman is retarded for not endorsing gentoo among many other things

install gentoo

Why would he endorse a non-free OS?

Install GuixSD

Gentoo recommends non-free software, which Stallman is irreconcilably opposed to.

stallman.org/to-Jow Forums.html

The thing about Gentoo "promoting nonfree software" is a straight up lie.
On the contrary, being by design a source-based distribution, it is biased towards FOSS.
Nonfree firmware isn't even included by default in a new installation: you have to manually install the appropriate package later if you need it.
It's pretty much as free as Debian, not forcing nonfree software down your throat while still making it available if you really need it.
Except Gentoo doesn't brag about it.

His reasoning is "it offers non-free as an acceptable option." It doesn't matter if it's biased against it.

GuixSD is actually pretty nice, lacking some packages and GDM isn't in a working state but other than that its pretty nice

Gentoo still has some nonfree programs in the main portage tree, likely included because of "convenience" reasons. As long as those are there the FSF will not endorse it.

There are non free repositories and multiple articles on the official gentoo wiki will suggest installing some of them. What about that is a lie.

Because gentoo gives the user the choice of what licenses to accept the commies think it’s non free because their preferred option is not picked by default. The user gets to decide therefor it does not respect your freedom.

ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE"

found the non-free software cuck.

Trisquel is now an Ubuntu derivative. It will work fine out of the box, assuming your hardware is open support (ie atheros wifi).

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are Wifi Driver Issues Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Use The Proprietary Blobs Like Nigga Use A Nonfree Kernel Haha

I prefer to not have backdoors in my system.

hows that tinfoil hat going for you?

Considering I have a Libreboot system, it's going quite well thank you very much.

The lie is that Gentoo *actively promotes* nonfree software, which is simply not true. Merely having it in the repos does not mean they are recommended over FOSS alternatives.
Whenever the wiki suggests installing nonfree packages, it's because there is no viable FOSS alternative, the most popular example being linux-firmware: they suggest installing it if you have devices that need it, because the alternative is not having them work at all.

Just like with most distros, Gentoo allows you to install nonfree software if so you wish, but it's not at all the recommended choice. In Gentoo's case in particular, that would pretty much go against the whole idea of being source-based, wouldn't it?

Sounds like a breakfast cereal