C is the biggest fucking meme ever...

C is the biggest fucking meme ever. The only reason people started using it is because assembly wasn't cross compatible with different arrchitectures. But guess what? Neither is C. Its standard library is garbage and realistically only supports basic file in and out. And if you want to do something slightly more advanced than that (see: making a fucking folder), you have to create a wrapper function if you want to support multiple OSes

And the biggest fucking meme of it all is all of the security issues that come along with it. Want to store a char array? Better check every single instance of copying into it or you might end up with an exploit that breaks the stack. The mere fact it doesn't even have a valid string type that avoids this shows that it's not a serious language

Attached: 1532006923043.jpg (960x1200, 203K)

were pointers too hard for you?

>>won't cross compile
I think ISO standard 9899 compliance ensures C code portability.

C++ is the biggest fucking meme ever. The only reason people started using it is because they thought a fucking zero at the end of an array was too difficult. But guess what? C++ is even worse. Its standard library is garbage and none of the features have any degree of continuity. And if you want to do something slightly more advanced than that, you have to use Boost, and you still will have to create a wrapper function if you want to support multiple OSes.

Attached: 1530519380225.png (817x443, 34K)

Only if you need some ridiculously small amount of features. Go ahead, try to make a folder

>a folder
who?

wow, this feature that's implemented by the operating system is dependent on the operating system API in a low-level language

how is that C's fault?

Attached: 1510975177888.jpg (535x434, 65K)

>when a c fag gets called out and replies with a sub 70 IQ answer.

>The only reason people started using it is because assembly wasn't cross compatible with different arrchitectures. But guess what? Neither is C.
The portability issues in C are orders of magnitude fewer than the portability issues with assembly

The Linux kernel should be rewritten in Javascript.

All I'm saying isthat every single language on earth already has this feature built in
Hell, they could have made a function in the stdlib that does this

Almost took the bait

not OP. yes so fucking hard.

who is this cute lady

thread pic is photoshoped to fuck
strong bait user i give you that

They could, but then C standard code would only have been portable across machines that have folders.
Something like this belongs in user libraries, just search for one.

You don't understand programming languages, do you?

yes i do it's you that doesn't

Its hard to tell when you think a programing language like C should include folders. . . and you don't seem to understand system APIs....

use rust

I hate Rust, to DEATH. But I agree, OP needs to us rust since he needs his hand held through mundane shit. Rust + Python seems to be up these faggot's alley.

user do you even know what a folder is

Use normal language dude.
#include
int main()
{
std::filesystem::create_directory("folder_lol");
return 0;
}

Sandniggers are gross. They worship a fucking pedophile.

>when a c++ fag gets called out and replies with a sub 70 IQ answer.

sandniggers never heard this before that's a great one!

Only the true alpha male can use C, and guess what OP, I was like you, a beta JavaScript coder, but when learn about and I understand how C works, I became an alpha C programmer, now I enjoy working with C

>All the security issues that come with it
>What is valgrind
>what is gdb
Not the languague's fault if you don't know how to free() or how to use strncmp() instead of strcmp()

you're fucking a nigger in the deep ocean, you've got no idea what's underneath you

You can use mkdir() to create a directory, you fucking retard. Try to compile it with mingw on Windows.

The people here doesn't understand why C is the fastest hand in the west

why are you posting goats?
we don't fuck goats here.

you mean something like mkdir(2)?

There are two kinds of programmers: Those who write C and those who will be replaced by the other kind. The good news is, you get to decide which kind you're going to be, and even if you decide wrong, there's time to fix your mistakes. But one way or another they will be fixed. All that code you wrote in higher-level scripting languages like JavaScript and Rust? Someday that code will be replaced with pure C, as certain as the tide.

Attached: 4438951252_67435548e5_b.jpg (1024x683, 292K)

ITT: OP doesn't know what POSIX is

Standard libraries were a mistake, there's no reason for language developers to also develop and maintain that crap.

>rust
>scripting language
Opinion discarded.

Your favorite language compiler is written in C.

so what is this? is everyone trying to say C is the best language to write shit in?

It's the one that gives you the fastest running code.
But there are cases where using something like python makes more sense, as you just need the program running as fast as possible.

Just like files.
Oh wait, C library supports that. But not folders for some reason.

>Hur dur providing folder support would make C portable only to systems that have folders.
Just like how having file support make C portable only to systems that have files right?
Oh wait.

Not OP but you are everyone defending this is fucking retarded.

Attached: 1511745231612s.jpg (112x125, 2K)

And your compiler is written in C++.
So is mine.

utter retard

Python is an acceptable prototyping language, but a maintainable program shouldn't be written in anything higher level than C. Not that you need to anyway. C is as powerful as a language can be.

C++ is basically an evolution of C

You're not "maintaining" the script you needed to scrape data out of a text file to something your program can use.

Oh yeah, and file input and output wouldn't have the same constraints?

looks like Penn State University Park campus

Obviously. C is low-level enough to write powerful code such as compilers and games yet high enough to be a day to day programming language. So many libraries available that it’s a no brainer.

>a maintainable program shouldn't be written in anything higher level than C
Do you even listen to yourself ? You're saying one of the most bare bones high level language is more maintainable than a more abstracted language. It's like it doesn't even matter it takes more code to do the same stuff, you just discovered a glitch in the laws of physics, why take abstraction penalty when you can write cross platform C code and have the most maintainable codebase ever. Fuck software architecture, just kode in C bro!

>C is as powerful as a language
Nah dude, write asm all day, the most powerful language, super maintainable, mega performance. Or even better just manually switch transistors on and off, who the fuck needs abstraction, it's like super maintainable, mega ultra performance bro!!!!

>He writes his own algos

>He doesn't know what bootstrapping is
>He doesn't know what asm is

what a fucking tard hahaha

>Fuck software architecture, just kode in C bro!
Well, of course. "Software architecture" is snake oil. Show me the code. In C.