pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 3dfx collection 02 box art view.jpg (3072x2304, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

it.pcpartpicker.com/list/QmtTP3
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/new-inspiron-gaming-desktop/spd/inspiron-5676-gaming-desktop
digitalstorm.com/vanquish-7.asp
bowser-custompc.us/shop
massdrop.com/buy/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-oc-11g?utm_source=linkshare&referer=PFR3SS
youtube.com/watch?v=PQUJ1Z6GILI
youtube.com/watch?v=fmlnGFcMmf4
pcpartpicker.com/list/MNwQGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/b9bBvn
pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk
youtube.com/watch?v=cv4bL8-kO8k
youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4
it.pcpartpicker.com/user/Aet2991/saved/YjpbXL
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/JTpw7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/DTjDJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good gaming pc with 600€ budget?

Attached: 1531669897384.jpg (737x601, 37K)

>voodoo mac box art is a sparkly little faggot

They really weren't trying to be subtle at all

Can I have some opinions for this build? it.pcpartpicker.com/list/QmtTP3
Consider that the budget is 700€, use is gaming no overclock, I already have the hdd and I'd be playing on a 1080p monitor.

Do I need a new power supply for a Vega 56, or is my 600W Corsair from 2012 fine?

i just picked up an i5 3570 for $50. was it worth it?

Anime is for faggots

depends on the rest of the build. the 56 uses like 300w under load

Is this worth it? If not, what’s the best prebuilt PC for its price out there now

Attached: 35A0C9A5-1BB8-44ED-BD93-7E3BE7058646.jpg (750x780, 133K)

No, just build urself

Hmm my vega isnt giving me any video out. It booted fine but once i ran ddu i cant get any output. My r7250 still gives me output but i only have 2 8 pin pcie so i cant power both at once. What do i do? Its a ryzen as well so no on board.

I just tried the card in my other pc and same deal. Fans dont spin or anything. It was working for like 10 seconds until ddu ran, not neither pc outputs anything?im at an utter loss

Why did my temps got to almost 10+ idle and 10+ active? I did format my hdd in case of botnet(or the miners that are) and cleaned it from dust and the bitch is still the same.

WHEN IS GTX 2000 COMING OUT

Cyberpower and ibuypower are garbage. Shit quality.
Recommendations:
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/new-inspiron-gaming-desktop/spd/inspiron-5676-gaming-desktop
digitalstorm.com/vanquish-7.asp
bowser-custompc.us/shop

Or build it yourself

If you're emulating do not by amd.

I miss artistic box art on video cards. Even if you never bought them they were so pretty to look at.

massdrop.com/buy/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-oc-11g?utm_source=linkshare&referer=PFR3SS

1080ti for 700 for any rich goys out there

AMD is perfectly fine for emulators now. Ryzen is not FX. AMD's single thread performance is on par with Intel.

Hah

that pics reminds me i'm hording loadsa GeForce 256 and 2 cards in a box somewhere.
Bought them bout 7 years ago before autism became so popular

You got proof for that?
youtube.com/watch?v=PQUJ1Z6GILI

It's paired with an r5 2600x (stock cooler) and some storage drives.

of*
youtube.com/watch?v=fmlnGFcMmf4

Haswell kit with a gtx 1070

NEXT!

pcpartpicker.com/list/MNwQGG

>it's only $3000
>check my spending habits
>I've spent $4600 just on alcohol and going out to bars

what the fuck

Any good looking windownless case?

Want to buy a noctua but damn are their product the ugliest motherfuckers in the market at the moment.

get 650W minimum, preferably 750W

When will Ryzen 2 come out?

Attached: 1519451462280.png (310x363, 206K)

How bad do I need to upgrade, and to what?
- i5 2500k sandy bridge
- amd 6950 2g
- 12gb 1600 ram
I still run most everything just fine, but my mobo is dying so I should swap out main parts anyway.
Most intense games I play would be arma 3 and some flight sims like DCS
Not looking to spend more than $600 replacing cpu, gpu, and mobo. Maybe ram.

Ryzen 2 is already here. Zen 2 launches next year

Black ones are coming but I can't find a release date. I'd look into the Meshify C or the Define C

Attached: JSjaJLPfDQaUNwEsHpLMoF.jpg (3840x2160, 1.91M)

Your best bet for an upgrade would be the new AM4 platform, which required DDR4 ram.
>AMD Ryzen 5 2600
>AMD B450 motherboard (launches July 31)
>16GB DDR4 memory
>RX 580 or 1060 6GB depending on you preference. RX 580 8GB is a better value

Is this cap gonna be OK? On a chink USB pcie card

Attached: 1532361322408.jpg (1914x1635, 657K)

Early or late 2019?

Might just be the connection pin that is bent, should be fine.

>chink USB pcie card

I'd plug that in on a dummy board first regardless of the bent cap.

So after years of console peasantry I'm back with PC
Just bought:
Ryzen 2700x
Evga 1070 ti (placeholder as new cards will be here soon)
G skill Trident Z 3200 16gb
Evga 750w
Samsung SSD
Typical HDD
X470 aorus

How fucked am I?

>typical hdd

fucked

>1070ti as a placeholder

seems weird to buy a card as a placeholder when new cards are gonna be out soon, and they won't be significantly better

You can still fail at case choice.

>Early or late 2019?
likely between February and May. 1H of 2019 for sure

>1070ti
I don't keep up with the market but my impression was that this card has no reason to exist. Should have picked up a 1070 honestly, especially if it's a placeholder.
Otherwise very nice

> I'd plug that in on a dummy board first regardless of the bent cap.
Eh if my board blows I'll have an excuse to ditch this shitty Skylake build and get a Ryzen. Do you know when Zen 2 is coming out?

What is the best b350m board for APU's?

Attached: kizuna.jpg (842x699, 42K)

All about that heat management senpai

>How fucked am I?
depends. Do you have a monitor with Freesync or G-sync.

If you're intent on keeping RAM then you're going to be limited to older stuff.

I'd suggest skipping a new GPU and buying an Ryzen 2400G, a decent motherboard, a decent cooler, and spend the rest of your budget on 16GB of fast DDR4. The iGPU on the 2400G is better than your old card and you can upgrade to a more powerful dedicated GPU later if you need to, overclocking the 2400G in the meantime to extend its usefulness.

I'd get this
pcpartpicker.com/list/b9bBvn
If possible save up for the 2600X, at least a Prime B350-Plus (better VRMs than the PC Mate) or a X470 Gaming Plus so you don't have to deal with potentially updating the BIOS if the mobo comes with an older one and a B-Die kit like this one
pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk

>Do you know when Zen 2 is coming out?

I was literally asking for a launch date update in the same post mane.

Just to clarify if you get a B350 and it needs a BIOS update you can order a free boot kit from AMD, there's a $250 RX 580 but the MK2 OC is better

>X470 Gaming Plus so you don't have to deal with potentially updating the BIOS if the mobo comes with an older one
B450 launches soon, and the MSI boards look tasty. Even have a Bios flashback option for future upgrades.
youtube.com/watch?v=cv4bL8-kO8k

Why do we still build with ATX boards as standard?

Attached: 1530741269499.png (900x900, 387K)

Sorry I'm a dunce

lack of choice among mATX boards and cases

Update: pressing the clear cmos wasnt enough. I just removed the battery and now it works. Doesnt explain the other pc though...

Is it just me or is 8gb really not enough ram? Between game+firefox+shit like steam and battle.net I'm hitting close to 90% memory usage

Double update: its now not working again. Its like it only works on one boot or something. Then he fans stop working

Because generally they have more power phases and better heatsinks than the alternatives excluding some ITX boards like the B350I Pro AC, Strix B350-I or the Strix X470-I

Alcohol is a retarded and pointless money sink.

Stop drinking so much

Because having a small form factor PC is for fags and women.

What's your guys opinion on multi core enhancement?

If you've got good aftermarket cooling, it's fine. Otherwise, it's BS

I don't even want to see how much money I lost total after getting arrested for drunk driving and crashing into a mcdonalds drive through

All of my parts have been delivered now. Time to put it together I guess, never done this before but what could possibly go wrong?

>battle.net

16gb is the optimal but because of ram prices this year i don't recommend it unless your apps/pc are crashing because of lack of ram.
Maybe next year the prices will drop or Prices will double.

>If you've got good aftermarket cooling, it's fine. Otherwise, it's BS
Yeah cause I tried it out over the weekend for extra performance.
I just so happened to be installing a repack I installed the other week then deleted for some reason.
I found the unpack speed double than before. So after alil investigation I found my CPU at 100% and my temp hitting 85°C.
Its has well so throttling was obvious.
I just find it strange they'd give me the freedom too use something that would effectively burn my house down

Huh?
A 1070 is over $400

And a Haswell kit shouldn't cost more than $200

Good luck dude, just read the manuals and you'll be fine

Take your time. It took me a whole week of slowly putting everything together with my first pc

>I just find it strange they'd give me the freedom too use something that would effectively burn my house down
That's Intel for ya. They rate the TDPs of their chips at the base frequency, not under load. and then the cooler they give you is barely able to maintain those base clocks.
An 8700K, at stock speeds, under load, can pull 180W.
AMD rates the TDP of their chips boosting under a "moderate" load, so AMD's are more reasonable than Intels but still off from the truth.
Get a GOOD aftermarket cooler if you wanna use the MCE. MCE basically automatically overclocks the chip past the official specs.

and for people who watch anime

Just watch this series honestly. And heck, this is a NEW version. I watched the previous version which was fantastic and helped me right thru everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4

Have fun! And don't freak out if once you build everything, it doesn't turn on. You probably forgot to connect the power button ^_^

>playing hearthstone

LOL

>Take your time. It took me a whole week of slowly putting everything together with my first pc
Your joking right...
>Get a GOOD aftermarket cooler if you wanna use the MCE.
I'm actually considering that. But I've got a i5 locked haswell so I can't really do much in overclock other than that. Overclocked the ram last week and saw a 5fps increase for WH2.
Thigh without MCE I can still hit 70°C playing games so I'm buying thermal paste after payday cause I think the stock is dried out or something.
All these coolers all have a set mounting standard right? Cause if I'm buying a fan I think I'll want to keep it for asking as possible since I think I'll be getting zen 2 or 3.
My mobo is old too so...

Attached: evetech-jax09-gaming-case-1000px-0001-v1.jpg (1000x800, 87K)

Also don't be surprised if the PC turns on and off a few times. That's just the bios setting up and reading all the components

>1070ti as placeholder

Attached: 1525909647403.gif (750x750, 9K)

It's not so bad, I built my first PC the other day as well. Just be careful, read the manuals, follow videos and look stuff up if you aren't sure.

The mounting standard for coolers depends on the socket. All Intel LGA115x sockets like yours use the same mounting pattern for the cooler.
AMD's AM3+ and AM4 socket use a different mounting pattern. Most coolers now should come with Intel brackets installed and AM4 brackets in the box as well.

>All these coolers all have a set mounting standard right?
Find out the type of socket for your CPU. Make sure your cooler is compatible with that socket. That said, most coolers will come with fittings to attach to pretty much every socket out there. The only time this isn't the case is when a new socket comes out and cooler companies haven't added the parts to all their coolers yet.

Opinions on this build? it.pcpartpicker.com/user/Aet2991/saved/YjpbXL
Meant to be a gaming rig for 700€

Alright thanks was just looking online and found a hyper 212x in my area for about $40. Looking at all the socket compatibilities it looks like it practically support everything ever brought into existence. I hope that's not too much of a budget option.

>each iteration of box art is more intense than the last
It’s like that meme with the brains

If you plan to eventually swap to AM4, I'd look at the Cryorig H7, Or the H7 Quad Lumi if you want the aesthetic RGB version

Thanks, I'll watch this

I really liked the Voodoo boxes.

I almost bought one when I was 13 and building my first custom PC, but I at least had read enough to know I really needed AMD or Nvidia.

Good meme potential.

Consider getting a dual band wifi card, but they are more expensive. Also, try to get a bigger SSD because they last longer than smaller ones.

>i3
>gaming via WIFI
This will be absolute shit.

It's decent but the 2400G is preferable, I'd get this for a bit more. You could lower the cost going with a 2200G
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/JTpw7W
If possible save up for a Tuf B350M-Plus or a B350I Pro AC (with a mITX case like the SG13 or the Core V21) for better VRMs, a XPG SX6000 128GB and a better 1060 like a Windforce OC or a Asus Dual

Ivery much recommend looking keeping an eye on used parts. 1070s with warranty go for around 300€ now.

>If you plan to eventually swap to AM4, I'd look at the Cryorig H
Why so? I'm in a 3rd world country so its easier for me to get what the have here at the PC shop.
>Or the H7 Quad Lumi if you want the aesthetic RGB version
No thanks :^)

Why are GPUs so expensive now? This is ridiculous. 1060 is $300, come on!

Attached: 82E33ADD-1621-43B3-BBF4-643A1EF40DA2.jpg (1061x2816, 980K)

Like this guy saidRather get the 2400g
The 8100 and 2200g are both 4c/4t
Whilst 2400g is 4c/8t.
The extra threads actually matters abit now. Normal 4core is dead.
That's why I wouldn't advice even the 8400

>Why so?
Because the 212 isn't much better than the cooler the AMD CPUs come with.

1080ti will be >$700 for another 6 months

this entire industry must be purged

Attached: purge.jpg (185x185, 6K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/DTjDJ8
thoughts?

>dual band wifi card
What's the advantage?

The 2400g is incompatible with the motherboard tho. What alternative would you suggest? Pls no mobos that require bios update or similar stuff like AMD B350.

>already getting a gtx 1060
One word and some numbers for ya: Ryzen 7 1700.
Also don’t buy windows, just rip it off like a normal person and put the savings into 16gb ram ok?
>but 8gb is enough
Not really anymore. Trust me. You will soon regret 8gb. If not now in a year or two. It’s borderline

newegg has 860 500tb ssd for $99.

Good deal or HOLD?

Attached: 1461528298290.jpg (348x342, 37K)

>Ryzen
Same problem tho, what mobo?
>don’t buy windows
No shit, I'm reusing a non-OEM license I've got for free.

They should be less prone to interference if you live in a populated area though you should run a cable if you can.

That's $10-20 off the regular price so sure. I don't think you'll find it for any cheaper outside of Black Friday type deals.

>Good deal or HOLD?
HANG yourself you dumb attention whoring anime pedo fag