How many of you guys have a job without getting a degree...

How many of you guys have a job without getting a degree? What was the experience like and did you ever feel like you made the wrong decision?

Attached: 1532310968654.png (396x548, 128K)

Im working for goverment agency as an some security shit.. also doing a little of sys admining. I dont know how it hapenned. They are desperate i guess.. coworkers are shit IT people. Yuropoor goverment position are payed in shit money so good IT people wont do it. I was just best of worst. Good experience tho

I do. I work with developers making an aplication. I started out just punching data but learned how to program in my spare time and sucked knowledge from the devs while drinking my coffe during the day. Took me many years but I think I did the right tjing and I'm still learning every day. I failed my degree but I learned how to learn and I got a foot in the door by share luck.

I work as an electrician. College degrees are almost worthless because everyone and their fucking mother has one now, and it's considered a minimum requirement for fast fucking food. That shit is ridiculous and makes me hope that every college burns to the ground. Skilled trades aren't plagued by this kind of swipple autism, and you can actually get a job by showing up and knowing your shit.

>I dont know how it hapenned
>Yuropoor goverment position are payed in shit money so good IT people wont do it

That's how it happened. Poorland here, people working for gov make 1/3 of my salary if not less and I'm not even working in IT. In IT it's closer to 1/5.

i have done around a dozen of different untrained jobs in the past 8 years.

shit sucks, getting my cs bachelor now. still working, but i already got a pretty chill job at a software development company in the second semester. second best choice of my life hands down.

what programming language did you learn? what is your salary now?

I learned JS then C# and SQL. My salary is much better now, but not as good as the other devs. I'm happy as can be though, mostly because I love my job.

best one of the untrained jobs was assistant pi. gets kinda boring after a while though.

I saved up some money doing warehouse work in Germany and then spent a year living off that money as a NEET in an eastern europoor shithole while studying (ideally) 8 hrs/day. I went with Python + WebDev because it was the easiest way in, I thought (and was probably right). Easiest language to learn + highest in demand. After a year of studying, 150 CV's sent and about 20 interviews done (to several degrees of success), I got my first job. Happily reaching my 6 months of employment, learning a lot, and loving the office life. Everyone is chill, and I actually have a future, as opposed to my previous warehouse life.

>electrician
been thinking about doing this instead of uni. it seems relaxed to me. but is it?

Not relaxing but not exactly high stress. You're on your feet a lot and you work with your hands, but it's not hard at all.

Probably beats working on cars. which is nice but i rather keep my hobby a hobby

I got a comfy webdev job right after graduating from HS through one person I know that recommended me. I'm still not sure whether I want to go to uni and spend money on a diploma when I'm working in the field already.

should i read Art of Electronics to become electrician?

I work at Best Buy and I only have a bachelor's in computer science

Attached: sipp.jpg (612x612, 69K)

I'm highly sought after now but only because I have spent 5 years with the fear of getting fired or exposed for being a fraud. Every time someone at work challenges my ideas I fold because I dont have qualifications to back them up.

The problem I have now is im getting old and if this meme chart is to be believed, I cant rely on having much more of a career for long.

Given a choice, I would totally have gotten a degree first.
Experiences are subjective, YMMV

Attached: age.png (453x415, 57K)

This go to trade schools for IT and electrical work let these nerds go for a CS degree

I work as a developer. It's good compared to the experience of working menial jobs. There's no clocking in/out. Vacation schedule isn't strict. You can take days off or work from home if you need to. It's all based on an honor system. Salary isn't that good, but the upside is that the workload is tolerable and I rarely need to work overtime. My only regret is not completing my degree, due to a variety of unfortunate factors.

Do you work in Orlando?

I am 2 classes away from completing my CS degree but left about a year ago, no plans to complete it.

Have been working as a programmer full time and don't plan to complete it. What do you want to know?