/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone Guide: canpicker.com

Previous Thread:

Attached: thumb-1920-842771.jpg (1600x1200, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K8GNzcFLRok
youtu.be/csMqaHQde_E
youtube.com/watch?v=gB4DfizQj84
youtube.com/watch?v=Vgwp-iQenn4
youtube.com/watch?v=i5tu_t7CrDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HD600 has

No bass

>canpicker.com
lol, I see you're still trying to force your site to steal money

no bass!

Day 19 waiting for my new speakers.
To all your headphone users, why do you prefer headphones over speakers? More comfortable? Space requirements? Noise requirements? You just prefer the sound?

Attached: IMG_3063.jpg (542x540, 75K)

Annoying fucks like you constantly evangelizing speakers in a headphone general, mostly.

>nobass

Attached: 1517847268244.png (1722x1107, 229K)

more depth in sounds, easy to use, save my damn electric bill each month :))

Okay guys, let's be real here. The HD600 does have bass. Just really really shitty bass.

Attached: 1531058558093.jpg (720x720, 159K)

I have both headphones and speakers, I use headphones for themuch higher quality and so my girlfriend doesn't hear me listening to metal

how can it steal money though ? :\ hmmm It's just a site showing options and guides to headphones :\

They say the K702 has no bass, but it definitely has some. It's growing on me.

Attached: 817CXFrQmRL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1001, 189K)

How can i increase the bass on the th-x00 purpleheart?

stop posting feet ngghhhhhhh

EQ my man.

HD600 has the perfect balance of bass, treble and midrange.

yeah that needs to stop . my dick can only be contained for so long

Z E R O S U B B A S S

Unequivocal

Sure, if you like muddy bass, shouty mids, and boring treble.

>zero subbass
subarashii.

I want to lick her feet.

I hear there's such in Girls forM v17. Finally on sadpanda.

You guys are so fucking stupid, stop looking at goddamned charts if your ears can't even tell the difference. You are supposed to listen to you headphones, not looking at their frequency response chart.

HD600 do sound divine.

Try listening to dnb without sub

>listening to medal on headphones
How tf do you headbang?

I do :3
but not from a basement dweller

Attached: 983075698367984.jpg (607x428, 65K)

Imagine trying like 3 mid fi headphones and concluding the HD600 is the best headphone ever made. This is unironically what HD600 autists believe.

I'm confused. You prefer headphones because of the people who come into this general to advocate the use of speakers? I've never evangelized anything, nor harassed or ridiculed people who use headphones. I recognize the advantages and disadvantages of them. You must be confusing me with someone else. In most situations, yes, headphones have that 'intimacy' that you get having the driver directly on top of your ear. However, I'd like present the argument that for merely the cost of a new pair of HD600, plus double for a decent vintage amp, you will get a much more resolving, detailed presentation, a real room filling soundstage with depth, not to mention the fun factor of subbass. You can pickup a pair of used speakers for $300, and then a integrated amp for another $300, and I can personally guarantee you (with the right placement in room, depends on your speakers) it will out perform a similarly priced ~$750) headphone setup. Though I guess if $750 is too much then you're probably better off sticking with headphones. Pic is me IRL btw.

Attached: 1529150680339.jpg (1920x1080, 1.39M)

You don't. Only gentle autistic movement.
wtf is dnb. Will it make umi sound better?

The best headphones ever made is the one you like the most.

>I've never evangelized anything
>literally writes a paragraph shilling speakers as the second coming of Christ
How about you kill yourself iris you annoying dishonest pest.

Drum and bass

$300 barely buys a single monitoring speaker.
>why headphones
They don't take as much precious space, and they're privately usable at night and at pleasant volumes regardless of neighbors and thin walls.

I play llsif, mirishita, taiko no tatsujin ds, bandoori and deresute with my HD600.
Does that count?

Attached: 1518245714575.png (1280x720, 673K)

You can buy a great pair of monitors for 300 bucks that will blow out every headphones you've ever heard.

You mean, like, used?

No, dnb is an abstract genre of fast syncopated breakbeats with a moving bassline

You're retarded if you think this. We know speakers exist already, now fuck off you autistic speakerbrainlet attention whore.

Question for metalheads. I'm new to metal and I don't know where to start. Every Metallica recording I've got is a dogshit remaster, and every new recording I've tried to listen is compressed, remastered, etc etc. Got a link to a torrent with GOOD copies of the good masters? I would assume the original early 90s CD releases would sound best. I've downloaded several 'original vinyl masters' only to discover they have a horrible loudness level and are obviously repressing on wax of remasters... for reference, I downloaded two Metallica albums from apollo.rip (the only private tracker I'm on) and found out that these 'original' uploads were fake.

youtube.com/watch?v=K8GNzcFLRok here's a song I rather liked, I doubt it will be to most of your guys' liking, but I dig the intense and complex percussion. You just don't get that in other genres of music usually.

Attached: 1532263652197.jpg (638x686, 79K)

No, new ones, like Adam or Mackie.

You mean like Amiga demoscene tracks?
I listen to these quite a bit with my HD600.

Attached: 1519035098992.png (1081x723, 96K)

I wanna lick her feet.

Just get the FLAC discography (from CD) of every band you can, and a pair of HD600 to listen to 'em.

Kind of

youtu.be/csMqaHQde_E

There is a site where you can check dr for every release of a record, it's called Dr loudness or something like that. Homewer I highly suggest to always hear first and not just download the version with the highest dr. As far as Metallica goes the best version available are the shm cd reissue, they do sound pretty good and have quite dynamic if I remember correctly. Use rutracker for your download needs, you can find pretty much every record.

I'm sorry you see my post in that manner, I just want to educate you guys. Note how I am being cordial, and merely making suggestions and offering my opinions. I'm actually not pushing anything, and as I said before, I respect and appreciate what headphones provide to the table. One of the previous anons mentioned power bills and hes certainly got a point, when you've got 500lb in stereo equipment sitting in your room, it takes up a lot of space, and energy. I get that you're against the idea of replacing your headphone system, or even having them coexist, but dont knock what you haven't tried. Also unless you want to provide some evidence where I was dishonest, please be quiet.
I always anime post, and I never use hyperbole phrases like 'blow out every headphone you've ever heard' note the part where I said used speaker and discussed amps. The pro audio speaker market is not what I was suggesting you guys to check out. If you're Canadian, like me, check out canuckaudiomart, for you americans check craigslist, and usaudiomart. Do some research.

Attached: Ca7p4Wv.jpg (800x1136, 272K)

I see. Not my thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=gB4DfizQj84
Divine @ HD600.
What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1503386091669.png (1280x720, 973K)

Hey boys, if I have an IEM with low impedence like a Campfire Orion, will that sound good with most phones (like a Nokia 7+) assuming I listen to .flac? I want my music to sound good but I don't want to carry around a separate DAP.

Does the th-x00 hinge really breaks too easily or is it just retards breaking them?

No worries, it's a niche taste.

I'll move somewhere better than Dublin at some point, and then I do plan to get monitoring speakers, among other things (STAX!!!).
It's just not realistic in this prisoncell-like studio apartment I currently rent.

Attached: 1516754003355.png (354x354, 94K)

I'm at work so don't have any photos with me

Cute feet.

>people buy audiophile headphones to listen to this garbage

Attached: 1526169828676.jpg (600x800, 65K)

>Being this closedminded

Attached: 1526067238078.jpg (392x495, 37K)

>t. listens to The Beatles

What do you like?

>scampicker

Fair enough! Thank you for being kind and reasonable and sharing your cute opinion, kindanon. Can't say the same about some others here... also good luck with your future plans, I hope you get some nice speakers. Wait though... isnt Dublin a nice place to work and live?

Attached: 69624079_p2_master1200.jpg (1200x849, 794K)

Not a fan of metal or DnB but this is a profoundly ignorant post.

Literally haven't heard of until today but here you go, whatever I listen to right now reflects my taste as good as anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vgwp-iQenn4

Why the fuck do you think anyone needs your "education"? Fuck off, you're a pest. Either just chime in when someone asks about speakers or keep it to yourself.

Sony MDR-XD150 for 15$. Is it good?

Attached: mdr-xd150.5.png (665x332, 101K)

No shitphones

So it's true... All DACs and Amps sound the same. I feel enlightened.

Attached: 802_orig.jpg (1100x618, 249K)

>Wait though... isnt Dublin a nice place to work and live?
You're totally trolling me, right?
>work
Sure. There's a lot of tech work and it pays well, as companies fight to get the best people.
>live
Fuck no. Disastrous rent situation. Urban planning isn't. People hold low moral standards. Dirty and full of litter everywhere. Can't walk without tripping on the non-maintained roads and sidewalks, or getting mugged. No metro. Shit train, tram and bus services. Overall feeling that society's given up.
I came here to make money, and I've been here for too many years already (~5). I do not play on staying here forever. I'm hoping to GTFO within months.

Attached: 1529966468822.jpg (852x480, 114K)

Listening to pretentious music won't make you smarter.

:(

I will not fuck off I'm bored and stuck in a hot and stuffy doctor's office and have nothing better to do. Bite me.

Attached: 1529712682012.jpg (1000x1000, 123K)

Uh, meant for Shit day is shit.

Attached: 1509417555934.jpg (900x1241, 131K)

Certainly interesting vocals. Not bad

Yeah but listening to shit music sure will make you dumber.

Then stop bitching when I tell you to kill yourself you dishonest preachy attention whoring faggot.

*tips fedora*

I remember being 15 years old once

There is no objectivity in music.

Just the usual stuff. I'll finally have some free time in the next days though, being waiting to play with the eq a bit, also switch the DT880 for the AD900x a few times.
Should everything go well in the next months i might actually get a Sennheiser for my collection, or something else, don't know yet, might just use the money to get some custom shields for the M80.

Attached: Setup (Second Version).png (1617x723, 2.14M)

I don't know anything about the UK aside from the name of its major areas and cities and that they're expensive to live in. I always assumed expensive = nice damn sorry to hear thats not the case. It's pretty much the case where I live. This is getting off topic now but if you ever get a nice loft apartment get a pair of uno nano's. That's my dream setup.

Attached: uno-xd-header.jpg (1600x800, 198K)

I got a pair of these for free, and they actually sound pretty good. Portable and quite comfortable too.

Attached: BoseAE2White-Hero-420w.jpg (420x297, 12K)

It's not true though... The bad ones will sound different, that's why they are bad.

Pop music is getting more simplified and formulaic by the year and listeners don't get scolded for listening to RETARDED DOGSHIT like trap or crunkcore because of people like you.

>bro there is no bad music just listen to whatever you want man, if someone likes it it's good music

That's just the thing, they WON'T!

Just buy a farm in the countryside

There, there now, sweetie. Let it all out. All better now?

Attached: 67834788_p0.png (1678x1200, 2.15M)

Dublin's Ireland, which isn't UK.
>expensive=nice
Basically:
1k€/mo for a toilet with a bed and a kitchen next to it "studio apartment"
2k€/mo for a tiny place with one tiny bedroom
I pay less than that, thanks to rent controls (+4% limit on price increase per year, and increase can't happen more than once in two years).
The choice is between making money and comfort. What I'd call decent is 3k+/mo. Many coworkers pay this much and more, because they don't know any better.

Attached: 1509347257741.png (726x1080, 581K)

>whispering into the mic some sappy shit with the occasional kick drum or guitar pluck is music

>more trolling and shitposting
Nice

How come I always see pic related reviewed highly in general CE/hifi sites/forums, but never even see it mentioned at audiophool sites?

Attached: audioquest_dragonfly_red_05.jpg (790x430, 54K)

It’s aletas a joy to se that fedora’s definition of good music is slow, pretentious and derivative garbage and uplifting music is shit. It only shows how pathetic their lives are, to feel so inferior to normies but still having a superiority complex that they try to feel good about themselves by the music that they listen to

It’s always*

Unwarranted self importance is the thing that gives the autist life

>Calls it trolling
>Gives him (you)s anyway
You deserve each other.

Dude you're so smart and cool and edgy, how do I become like you?

I offered to be his friend but he rejected meh ;w;

Stop replying to this person they will never go away otherwise

More melodic, more rhythmic, more instrumental, more conceptual variety than whatever music you're trying to defend right now. Try counting the themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=i5tu_t7CrDM

So now that shp9500 is dead, what is the open back king for 100$?

alert("weeb")

Lol

Attached: 1531803699445.png (500x400, 234K)