>C++ will die in your lifetime

Attached: Untitled.png (638x359, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C++
youtu.be/FJEOf6olXNk?t=2m53s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No it won't

Isn't C older?

if it does though, then I'm fucked will have to switch to C# or some even worse shit

C is eternal

lol never

sooner goes Java

Not really.

>COBOL still life.

In your dreams pajeet

Welcome C++++!

>t. Javascriptard

it will die with me. I will be the last C++ pro

The biggest part of a compiler for C-esque frontends (this includes C++) is its optimizing backend, so no.

>NOAA still uses FORTRAN and Pascal for computing work
my job is a meme

public class OriginalPoster
{
public static void Main(string[] args)
{
bool isOpGay = true;
while (isOpGay)
{
Console.WriteLine("Heh");
}
}
}

Are they going to rewrite gcc and clang/llvm in rust?

Attached: 1531054525223.png (381x353, 32K)

C is too a minimalistic language to disappear.
C++ is being stretched out and weakened with these moronic standards.
Nothing wrong with Fortran.

Why the fuck would you think this?

i really don't think either will go soon. no idea which one would go sooner, but i sure HOPE it would be Java.

Ok then what do I learn next?

Or are you just a boomer that's mad you can't get any jobs with FORTRAN anymore

Attached: 1528383174118.jpg (470x470, 31K)

Fuck you Fortran is a great old language.

Fuckin' infinite loops

Mate, we still have abominations like php and cobol alive. At worst, c++ will significantly change like php did with 7.0

When is C++ getting some kind a package manager? When is the compiling and linking stage being simplified?

Instead of adding retarded standards they should be making QOL changes.

Java style modules and operator expected in C++20

>When is C++ getting some kind a package manager? When is the compiling and linking stage being simplified?
How would you do this without changing the way OSes work? The C++ package manager is literally your distros package manager.

Whats the use case for the spaceship again?

>When is C++ getting some kind a package manager?
So literally the system's package manager?

Excuse me?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C++

> operator
Why doesn't C++ just allow user defined operators

Because compiler behaviour is hardcoded. There are more than enough available operators to express anything you'd want, really.

>There are more than enough available operators to express anything you'd want, really.
Then why add another :^)

Did you read what it does?

Don't you think it's weird that your OS provides you with libraries and sources of different packages? Individual programming languages should work independently of their OS, and that means having their own mechanism to provide libraries in an automatic way. I should just be able to say "include " and it should automatically pull the default latest or the provided version for me.

This but unironically.
Cmake-ing a project in linux that needs SDL works fine but in windows it spews out path errors. Fuck that.
They should standardise C and C++ that ALL linkage is STATIC linkage. We have waaaay more than enough HDD and RAM space to handle it.

Use Visual C

>They should standardise C and C++ that ALL linkage is STATIC linkage.
Default behavior maybe, but the ability to dynamically link should stay for a variety of reasons.

Okay but nobody wants to install old GPU drivers to play old games for instance, because they require physx1.1-BETA.dll or some shit.

that is c#

>We have waaaay more than enough HDD and RAM space to handle it.
I used to think otherwise. And then Electron happened. The increased memory/hdd footprint of static linkage for programs in C/C++ doesn't even compare to electron based apps and people don't care all that much.

I just searched for ALL *.dll files on my windows 8.1 machine and it came out to about 14.6GB, and I install packages off the web willy nilly.
That's nothing.

>C++ will die in your lifetime

There's been more C++ development in the last 7 years than the entirety of it's existence before that. It's the oldest most actively developed programming language. There are more C++ compatible libraries than there are for any other language.

You got a lot a splaining to do, brainlet.

My lecturer said so and he is better than you.

there's still plenty of FORTRAN and COBOL jobs out there user

>t. exhausted wall street stock market maintainer looking for replacement

Your lecturer is a brainlet

I don't know why C and C++ should ever die. The languages are ok and you will always need native languages.

Yes!

>"include "
I think it would make more sense for the package manager to be part of the build system so you specify the libraries you want automatically downloaded in the build script. I think rust works this way with cargo.

51 year old spotted.

Nuh-uh he could beat your lecturer up

All major C compilers are current at least partially written in C++ so C would have to die as well

Python.
The way of the future.

amen Amen AMEN
AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN!

Not sure if you want C to die as well or not

I do

Fuck no, that shits interpreted.

At least use a modern language like perl6

fun fact, that's how c# got it's name. the # was supposed to appear like a combination of 4 +s suggesting it was like the an extension of C++

p6 is a shitshow
are there any scripting languages that arent though

>When is C++ getting some kind a package manager?
There already are plenty. Like Conan, hunter, vcpkg etc.
>unironically thinking your OS package manager should care for more than a strict set of core package, let alone developing ressources
This is how you get Plebian.

no, because none is made with a specific use case in mind
Lua and some game-oriented embedded scripting languages come close to this, but unfortunately they are some shenanigans in them or their design is too influenced by their host languages semantics to make it a viable standard and so you remain with JS, which isn't a shitshow, just shit

Rust shillers pls stop littering Jow Forums with your brainlet whining...

Attached: 2123409808098345987.jpg (950x547, 79K)

>>unironically thinking your OS package manager should care for more than a strict set of core package
Should packages be installed like they are on weedows instead?

You can't kill the lingua franca. Everyone knows C.

Some of them. Languages should bring their own package managers. Software with plugins, extensions etc should bring their own package manager for them. Some applications should be managed within the OS package manager but come with their own package pool, isolated from the core packages and other packages. Dynamic linking should be avoided as much as possible and should be only used for plugins and ressources that can't be linked statically, eg. gl implementations.

I don't think it's gonna die in my lifetime, but Intel surely will.

Spotted the NEET baby who's never worked in an enterprise environment

define die.
out of usage? maybe
practically not getting new standards from the committee? that may happen

>out of usage? never
fixed

hahahahaha no.

Package managers do nothing but make languages less secure because unless you review every package and dependency every time they update, you're fucked. Even if it's signed commits and release how do you know that the fucker hasn't been compromised?

C is a meme. Can’t even have objects.

Why do people have such a fetish for oop?

>Some of them. Languages should bring their own package managers. Software with plugins, extensions etc should bring their own package manager for them.
This just seems to increase the complexity of everything to have 50 pieces of software that practically all do the same thing

>c++ is too important, not inclusive enough I don't have mental capacity to learn it!
>Why you do not use inclusive and easy langs such as JS or Rust? Stop hating our community! I'm being trigggered!
>DIE DIE C++ DIE
>Stop hurting my feelings. It's our job to make world a better place...
>We are mozilla designated shilling squad

Attached: 1529863601742.jpg (474x275, 24K)

>this is what being high on sepples looks like
youtu.be/FJEOf6olXNk?t=2m53s

>its real
lmao

Yeah, totally different from manually downloading them or installing compromised packages from your bistro.
If you are brainlet, you may want to simplify this theory down to adding more isolated, independent package pools to a package manager that can also handle categories and other stuff (like being contextually embedded into applications) way better than they can currently do. The core point of my statement is that the bistro mcdonald workers aren't supposed to provide all packages or their dependencies, because it doesn't make sense.

>hate sepples
>it must be a rust shill or cnile
retards

c++ is just a language coded from other languages and so forth

>I will die

Attached: received_10210695920705239.jpg (133x124, 3K)

The white man's C master race language will prevail.

>what is a struct
undergrad detected
you can use a strict like an object unless you need absurd levels of abstraction, then you just use C++ or any of the bazillion hipster languages

No one asked you.

C won't :)

can't find it in there
but I googled it and it's a fucking compare operator
not a bad idea and desu why doesn't it already exist? isn't that one of the most basic CPU instructions?

Everything is written on C++, including pretty much everything running on your machine right now.

I think you mean C brodin.

OOP is a meme

Should I learn lua?

Attached: 1530739748732.png (2100x1500, 112K)

This. Hardcore C fags are just retards who major in CE/EE but for some reason want to be programmers.

>array can be passed between methods with ease
>inheritance works like a charm
>pointers
C# is literally the successor to both Java and C/C++

Attached: 1529387624362.jpg (1280x720, 571K)

Windows and Linux kernels are both C.

Software for the LHC was written in C++.

>this is somehow different from downloading the sources manually or through the OS package manager
brainlets not welcome

How would you even know if Windows is 100% C?

If you don't understand the importance and power of ForTran, you will never make it in Scientific Computing.

*Cracks open a can*
Now fortan. That was a great language.
*Sip*

And most servers run Linux. What's it matter, this shit has to go.

I don't care if it's been compromised, I'm not a paranoid schizo. I just want my code to work and if something bad happens, I\ll revert as soon as I notice.
You've overestimating the importance of an average computer user. Just reinstall from backup and continue.