Identifying NPCs

I was suspicious one of my friends was an NPC so I asked him, during the course of a conversation, whether he had an inner monologue or not.
He didnt know what I was talking about. Jow Forums Is he an NPC? What do I do?

Attached: NPC.jpg (971x546, 49K)

No, he just doesn't have autism.

>PCs have autism because they don't think like me
Hmmm...

Watch the white house press breifings. After the 8th exact same question in a row you will wonder why they didnt program in more dialog.

READ JULIAN JAYNES CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE BICAMERAL MIND

Crack his head open with a hammer to check and see if there are any circuits and wires, user

Attached: 1539616103127.gif (245x165, 1.09M)

The hell do you mean? I don't hear voices in my head and I don't think in a language. I can see pretty cool hallucinations with my eyes closed if I focus hard. Used to make more judgments but meditated for a few years and that's gone now.

Turn off and on

Reading his Wikipedia entry. He knew about npcs for quite some time. Based and red pilled.

I am all for the NPC meme, but if you go to a person who s not used to Jow Forums and ask him
"Yo, nigger, do you have words in your mind? Do you know how to think?"

Tbh I d stop talking and wonder if I should run or not

I'd prefer to confirm his NPChood without killing him, so does anyone have any other features of an NPC I should be on the lookout for.
He doesnt do any introspection either, and just regurgitates opinions if that helps.

>Yo, nigger, do you have words in your mind? Do you know how to think?
It wasnt quite like that, but me and my other friends tried to explain it to him in details but he just didnt get it.

>pic related

Attached: videoplayback (1).webm (640x360, 650K)

Apply the Socratic method gently to his anus.
Ask him why he holds the opinions and views that he does, keep asking why and how.

I'll put him on my reading list

>keep asking why and how.
Ok, I've got him on discord now, so i'll try it out.

>sitting in class chillin
>mindin my own business
>some dude approaches me
>h-h-h-hey, I was wondering ... Do you have an inner monologue ?
>what ?
>HA ! I KNEW IT , Jow Forums WAS RIGHT A FOCKIN SJW NPC FAGGOT BWAHAHAH

really makes you wonder who is the npc

>friend may have inner monologue
>doesn't know technical term for it
>thinks friend is an NPC
OP is an NPC, confirmed

in order to avoid looking and sounding a complete and utter retard in the future, when presenting to a friend a new idea or concept and they never heard of it, take the time to explain it to them so they understand it and once they understand it, then begin to draw conclusions from their responses.
don't assume they are or are not something based simply on their ignorance of the idea... kinda like what an NPC would do.

this is OP
>sees PC
>PC is not friendly with faction
>angry
your little story is showing how much of an NPC YOU are lol
the absolute state

>when presenting to a friend a new idea or concept and they never heard of it, take the time to explain it to them
We spent about 20 minutes attempting to explain this concept to him, but he just didnt understand. We explained in every way that we could think of but he just didnt understand at all.
He just ended up getting angry when we questioned him on his beliefs. He didnt have any coherent reason behind his beliefs at all. He just said that "It is because it is"

>keep asking why and how
ah the great enlightened thought of .... 3 year olds

This one clearly self-identifies as an NPC.

Attached: angry npc noises.png (1006x813, 73K)

>He just ended up getting angry when we questioned him on his beliefs. He didnt have any coherent reason behind his beliefs at all. He just said that "It is because it is"
Classic NPC response. If you don't have even a tiny shred of reason behind your opinions, you should ask yourself why, and then figure out an answer. Or be cast into NPC hell.
>doesn't know who Socrates was
You need a firmware update.

Attached: yuri bezmenov on NPCs.jpg (1036x627, 137K)

so then either you do not understand what inner monologue is or the concept of inner monologue and the NPC meme is so stupid that it is completely unrelated to people.
if he doesn't understand it, don't question his mental state, question the idea and your teaching methods
>inb4 even a child could understand it

yes THIS one surely does

>friend
>can only meet friends in class
Spot the underage b&.

>blackpilled people are npc's
lmao says the delusional npc

issue is trying to help friend understand inner monologue, not socrates.
try to follow along, user

>lol no u
Firmware. Update it.

user's brilliant train of thought
>do you have inner monologue?
>inner what?
>why and how
>why and how
>why and how
>why and how

Yeah you're trying to make that the only issue, but it isn't. One dimensional thinking is also a bad sign.

WTF is NPC?

someone who thinks for themselves

>computer lingo
your iron clad and water tight understanding of the NPC meme as it relates to technology is dizzying, please slow down

>oversimplifying things to this degree
Now I feel silly for wasting my time interacting with this chat bot.

>one dimensional

Give more details, got any chat logs to share?

Meant for this

>trying to make that the only issue
resisting the need to stay on topic, is also a bad sign

what does NPC stands for?

I'm liking this reverse-NPC meme more desu

No prefrontal cortex, i think

this npc is triggered

aggroed*
if you are going to use computer game terms, then keep your insults consistent, bubba

Lots of triggered NPCs in this thread.
That cunt better dump some greentext or screenshots soon.

OPs story has nothing to do with if he's an NPC or not, he's just asking the best ways to identify one.

From what OP has said it was a longer conversation that that, and they tried to explain it to him.

Non-player character.
Just a programmed bot.

Attached: FB_IMG_1539634527084.jpg (908x960, 66K)

>then keep your insults consistent
He's made one post so far in this thread.

and he is acting like an NPC himself in his identification methods

>PC is not friendly with faction
First of all. OP: never discussed his friend beliefs, or whether or not they shared common beliefs. Second of all What you said makes no sense, of course he's not going to be friendly towards the opposing "faction" Since when are leftists and Ring wings friendly towards each other? What world have you been living in?

NPCs in vidya are aggroed, not triggered

It's a fucking NPC, dude. It only responds to posts that give it a (you). The NPC is powered by (you)s, stop feeding it.

read GI Gurdjieff. if you do not understand what he's talking about, you're an NPC

that's my point
OP thinks his friend is an NPC because his friend did not meet some arbitrary parameter in OP's mind.
OP is also an NPC

Thanks for sharing this meme. SAGE.

Attached: NPCroastie .png (1200x1000, 179K)

genius is simplicity, retard. brevity is the soul of wit. if you have to keep explaining something in different ways, it means you don't really understand the topic.

OP wasn't clear on the nuances of the NPC phenomenon. Lacking an internal dialogue is only a symptom, not a diagnosis. Several criteria must be met to determine NPC status.

Fuck man that was some interesting reading. Even more interesting in that he seems to have been right about a lot and hasnt really had his theory disproven.

>genius is simplicity, retard. brevity is the soul of wit.
More oversimplification lol.

read the works of a mystic.
ha, great advice

Missing a Harry Potter and/or Hunger Games quote.

The biggest hallmark of an NPC is that when theyre wrong someone will correct them but they'll continue the error as if nobody said they were wrong. They dont really learn unless it's from MSM.

easy.
ask them out of the blue, their thoughts on the human soul.

Attached: voight-kampff.jpg (733x412, 55K)

user is right.
you conflated what he said with over simplification

>biggest hallmark
whew. sorry mate but you are wrong on this one

>correct them but they'll continue the error as if nobody said they were wrong
He does that all the time. At this point, I'm pretty sure that he's an NPC.

>got any chat logs to share?
This was all in voice chat, unfortunately but if I had them, I'd share them.

Ask him if while reading, if he ever wonders off in thought.

ask yourself why leftest wall of text memes consistently fall flat

Thinking in words is pleb tier cognition. Bet you can't even win a game of chess, op.

Attached: 38448962_151960749026336_3500191174197510144_n.jpg (540x960, 20K)

NPC meme detected. Must report on twitter.

Attached: Anderson_Cooper.NPC.jpg (724x667, 65K)

>inb4 someone points out this obvious flaw in my logic that I've found but won't use to adjust my perspective because I'm a dumb ass.

Anyone that has an inner monologue should be able to understand it. If they don't have an inner monologue then they think in feelings and their ability for logical thought is diminished.

I gave up playing chess a while ago, I just didnt have the time, but I was pretty good as a kid. I ended up coming 3rd place in my state's 14yo age bracket and had a rating of about 1500 on chess.com

>should
>if not, then X
so you are pre programmed as well, ergo NPC

also it is funny how you think having awareness of the flaws in one's own thinking is indicative of being an NPC.

your greentext demonstrates that you do not fully understand inner monologue, NPCs, or video games

>having awareness of the flaws in one's own thinking is indicative of being an NPC
It seems to me that they're saying that having flaws and not addressing them or just dismissing and forgetting about them is indicative of an NPC

NPC's lack the ability to create.
They can only mimic and copy.

Add some Disney stuff to it too.

>My reply to any fact or opinion I disagree with hahaha
>should
>if not, then x

So no logical or general deductions can be made in the world without being an npc? Boy you sound retarded. I think I found a faggot without an inner monologue.

someone with inner monologue can think about the world around it, criticize it, analyze it, and in turn, criticize and analyze their own critiques and analyses.
using the inb4 meme is inner monologue at its core

i love how no inner monologue is becoming the new small penis insult.

Incoming 404 Not Found. Faggot Mods are deleting these threads

Attached: NPCroastie .png (1200x1000, 193K)

I called you a "dumb ass", not an npc; unless, ofcourse, you're outing yourself as not having an inner monologue?

I think he's jealous of the inner monologue.

kek

Attached: nigel kek.gif (512x338, 2.07M)

nice gotcha. i fell hook, line and sinker for that ol dumbass switcheroo.
wtf i don't have inner monologue now.
also nice parallel with homosexuality. not having an inner monologue is now akin to being gay and thus shameful.
history rhymes, for sure

Depends on their cognitive dissonance
Most MAGApedes and I'm with her shills are NPCs and respond with conflicting evidence with violent reactions

A PC is gonna question why shill for free and worship a man or woman, neither give a shit for you

>jealous
yep new small penis insult confirmed

The npc meme is a bit "I'm special, you're not" isn't it? Pol is acting like they invented solipsism now lol

Fear not, you can stop being a faggot and wake yourself up. Pic related.

Attached: npc waking up.jpg (931x486, 148K)

but like being gay, how does one prove they have no inner monologue.
before "outing" we assumed people were gay based on the old seinfeld joke of being single, thin, and neat.
nowadays, being single, thin, and neat is equated with alpha self-improvement mgtows.
so now we assume people have no inner monologue based on what?
and when they argue that DO have an inner monologue (like when people who were single, thin, and neat, argued that they weren't gay) it only caused people to root themselves even deeper into their assumption that someone was gay, or had no inner monologue.
do you see the cycle here user?

>that's a bit weird innit
>that's a bit weird isn't it

I forgot how hard that image has been slid.

Do you think the guy's story is true?

>I don't think in a language
Well how the hell do you think then? How do you plan ahead?

same goes for the old small penis insult.

when a dude was afraid to do something, his buds would say haha you have a small dick or would call into question aspects of manhood.
pulling down one's pants notwithstanding, to attempt to prove the opposite, get mad and insist your dick was big or whatever only encouraged people to mock further the small size of the penis, or lack of manhood.

this inner monologue idea is going down the same route when words like jealous are used.