ENOUGH

This board hates Google, but why?

Google is the only reason we're not still using Nokia's Symbian, with all of its bullshit restrictions.

Google is the only reason modern free email features exist, the only reason Microsoft still keeps "working" on Office (and to some extent Windows), the only reason you don't *have* to buy fucking atlases, or GPS devices anymore!

Google is even the only reason Firefox is still around, the search deals have been extremely lucrative.

Oh yeah, most of all: Google is the ONLY company standing in the way of the Apple cult's complete domination of almost everything consumer tech (PCs excepted, though spillover could even preclude that).

Unlike other companies that only care about immediate profits, preferably from your wallet, Google serves you personalized ads at no cost and actually tries to improve extremely complex shit like AI instead of just sitting on whatever tech it made years ago (LOOKING AT YOU, MICROSOFT). And you can even opt out of the "personalized" part.

There is obviously some valid criticism here - though ironically this board hates the GDPR as well, which fixes many of these problems - but overall Google is just about the only big player in this field that doesn't just seem to screw its customers out of as much money as possible at every turn (*maybe* Amazon too).

Attached: 1280px-Google_2015_logo.svg.png (1280x433, 43K)

1 cent has been deposited into your account rajeet. thank you come again

ur a faget

>screws up with search results to push their political agenda
>pushes their political agenda in multiple ways
>abuses the power that comes with providing search results to so many people
>tries to turn YT into TV, something people wanted it not to be
>keeps people quiet with their ads and willingness to play along with a moral panic
At this point, wishing for google to go bankrupt is wishing them well, considering the grave they're digging for themselves as we speak.

>>tries to turn YT into TV, something people wanted it not to be
That's exactly what people want, you fool: *FREE* TV. You're out of touch with normies.

The rest of your list isn't even specific enough to be argued about, so you lose automatically.

>they want TV
>meanwhile TV usage is falling

>TV usage
Most retarded term of the week award. You win it.

And newsflash: people desperately want (1) quality (2) free (3) online and (4) preferably linear TV.

No current service offers 1-3, and no current service even TRIES to offer 1-4. THAT is the problem, and why TV seems to be "dying".

Yes, because streaming services are increasing which replaces the TV with a different TV equivalent. You are fucking stupid.

>people desperately want (1) quality
No they don't. They want something they can stare at for a few hours before they have to go to bed.

>modern free email features
This is not a good thing. If you are not paying for the service, you are the product.

Most retarded poster of the week award. You win it.

No, that's what they settle for. Learn the difference.
Nice comeback, asshole. Did you come up with it all by yourself?

>If you are not paying for the service, you are the product.
>t. privileged lazy NEET fuck who doesn't realize you can't even afford rent with most jobs now

Nice comeback, asshole. Did you come up with it all by yourself?

I'm pretty sure that even normies want to watch some "edgy" content, and favoring CNN and likes there won't make YT look good.
>The rest of your list isn't even specific enough to be argued about, so you lose automatically.
Have you looked up jigsaw redirect method?

>but why?
Pajeets. Muslims. Faggots.

>if google didn't exist we wouldn't have any innovation

srsly nigger

Google forces more google products unto their users. See recent EU anti trust fine.

This is so close to being true, it's terrifying. It's like progress has almost stopped in just about every field. Innovation is bad for shareholders.
They do, you're right. But at least Google products are free, and generally vastly higher quality than the competition's. Even a fully free market would mostly choose Google.

Compare this to the likes of Apple and Microsoft, and it's clear which companies deserve to get fined so much more.

>Google is the ONLY company standing in the way of the Apple cult's complete domination of almost everything consumer tech (PCs excepted, though spillover could even preclude that).
Just as I thought all of this could end up being completely reasonable, you followed it up with:
>Unlike other companies that only care about immediate profits, preferably from your wallet, Google serves you personalized ads at no cost and actually tries to improve extremely complex shit like AI instead of just sitting on whatever tech it made years ago (LOOKING AT YOU, MICROSOFT). And you can even opt out of the "personalized" part.

Attached: PRISMproviderdates.jpg (703x526, 72K)

Literally every major tech company on the planet collaborates directly with the US government. The exact details are irrelevant (and speculative too).
If you want to change this, vote for a third party instead of the same two every single time.

Also I have no idea what any of that has to do with my point about profits. Google does make AI advances for its own future, are you doubting that?

you are a total faggot

The post was *ok* until this part
>Unlike other companies that only care about immediate profits, preferably from your wallet, Google serves you personalized ads at no cost

I really dont despise google, but your examples are pretty bad.

-blackberry OS was way ahead of symbian and was the OS of choice for professionals before iOS or Android really took off
-hotmail and yahoo both offered free email (although I think yahoo offered a subscription service to not get ads, hotmail was free though before it got converted into Live). Also most isp's offered their own email servers along with their internet service. you'd get a [email protected] email address or something along those lines
-if not for google firefox would have just gotten money from yahoo, ask, aol, etc that were popular in the late 90s/early 00s
-Samsung, Microsoft, Amazon, etc all offer competition to Apple as well

God damn. I could not agree more. I have been warning people for more than a decade that Google is a social cancer.

Not only do they refuse to acknowledge the people who fought and died for them every year, they work with oppressive governments to censor people. One could argue, they hired Moot in an attempt to kill off Jow Forums. Unfortunately for them, they did not realize how worthless both Moot and Jow Forums truly were. There is no place to go but up from rock bottom.

Gee, I wonder ((who)) is behind that post

Attached: 1531960640300.jpg (542x524, 56K)

The massive botnet spying on you at every available opportunity

based and red-pilled
FPBP

Attached: 2c50f133031890f6d7ce31bd1371cfeb.jpg (480x480, 14K)

most people who work in facebook or Google are on sillicon valley, which is gay and stupid. And both are icons of "innovation" which correlates with approving gays and the name of "libertarian" politics (saying name because the fact that it has that fancy name doesn't make it in favor of liberty). So a lot of stupid people are attracted to work there even if they are shit techies and get hired because lefties and homos already have jobs as interviewers.
In the big scheme they aren't that bad, they even keep pushing good things that OP said. But as their first policies were about being inclusive, they can't filter out much retarded people when hiring. Although is fucking obvious when you have an useless brat, it got owned passively I guess. I hope someone restricts the people hired just in skills and stop approving retarded gay shit, but you can't stop the rain. Also botnet. Although is based on what you do and is supposedly private, I still want it not to do stuff I didn't explicitly say.

people want TV 2.0 and that is what YouTube is now trying to be

>Google is the only reason we're not still using Nokia's Symbian, with all of its bullshit restrictions.
>what is blackberry
>what is palm
>WHAT IS IOS YOU FUCKING TARD

Attached: 1517683243970.jpg (600x604, 52K)

FPBP

Attached: SmartSelect_20180713-180536_Chrome.jpg (1342x1345, 256K)

Then we need to reclaim the territory. Our governments, and our Intelligence agencies have funded places like FB, and Goolag, because they bend in the knee to their policies.
They will always fund those who they control the most, but their time will end and real advancement will come again. Time to get started recreating ingenuity.

I'm not from the US, as the government isn't the same as the NSA.
>Also I have no idea what any of that has to do with my point about profits
Who brought this up besides you?
>Google does make AI advances for its own future, are you doubting that?
I'm not doubting their efforts, but they can't be absolved from their mistakes.

And the*

lmao, poorfag

>Symbian
iOS had nothing to do with google.
>modern free email features exist
hotmail was available before gmail.
>the only reason Microsoft still keeps "working" on Office (and to some extent Windows),
They were still doing that long before Google, because they needed to justify you purchasing a new version.
>the only reason you don't *have* to buy fucking atlases, or GPS devices anymore!
Except shit like mapquest was a thing long before Google.
>Google is even the only reason Firefox is still around, the search deals have been extremely lucrative.
I don't use Firefox since quantum, so that isn't really an argument for Google anymore.
>Google is the ONLY company standing in the way of the Apple cult's complete domination of almost everything consumer tech.
Then they would get hit with monopoly laws. If anything, shitty google is preventing a good mobile OS from being created.

>Unlike other companies that only care about immediate profits, preferably from your wallet, Google serves you personalized ads at no cost and actually tries to improve extremely complex shit like AI instead of just sitting on whatever tech it made years ago.
I don't care. I value my privacy, and don't want to lose it. There is literally no way around giving up your privacy when using google products. So I use none.

Can't we fork symbian 9.3?

Just install uMatrix and look how many sites pull something from Google. Your opinion will change.

>screws up with search results to push their political agenda
t. faggot boomer who doesn't understand how algorithms work.

Attached: 1529540937947s.jpg (125x124, 2K)

Boomer incontinence does happen a lot but google also really does tailor their searches

This board just tends to hate the biggest guys in every industry

Same with Americans in general

Because of the google/nsa botnet.
If only duckduckgo had an OS.

Retard.
>symbian
Nobody cares here, phones should be used as phones.
>free email
Retard, a shit ton of free mail services were available at the time.
>microsoft working on office
Retard, they're working on office because OFFICES use it. Use libre office anyway, retard.
>microsoft working on windows to some extent
Even as bait, this is single handedly the dumbest thing you probably typed.
>GPS devices
Shit ton of mapping and navigation systems available, theirs is popular solely because the search engine was popular at the time (in fact, 100% of their products rely on the popularity of their search engine. Literally everything they have right now is a result of their search engine being a bit better)
>only reason firefox is still around
Baseless, senseless, retarded claim.
>google standing in the way of applels domination of consumer tech
You absolute fucking inbred, phones aren't the only consumer tech around.
>ads
Blocked.
>GDPR
Most here want it to pass, the internet developed normalfag cancer and this could cull them while us tech literate people will find workarounds.
>screw consumers out of their money
But they are, they're netting a shit ton of money by taking your private information without direct consent, rather than having you fill forms and trivia questions for some money.
Not only have you not provided any sources or explanations to your bait claims, you couldn't even make a single statement that could give you credit.

By my decree, you are granted the title of Absolute Retard. You are no longer allowed to touch a piece of tech without Google's supervision, and a permanent banishment out of the top 10 internet websites. Leave this place, foul dirt.

Attached: 1531092456154.jpg (308x584, 77K)

Based.