Why do we need tons of RAM again?

Why do we need tons of RAM again?

Attached: huehue.jpg (1024x768, 166K)

>windows 98

That's the point. Why do we need so many gigs of RAM to do simple things like browse the web and listen some music? Even if I open a bunch of things on this 512MB machine I can't even hit the pagefile, shit just got ridiculous over the years.

>He still uses a 4:3 monitor
stay in the past, grampa

Attached: 1530854424105.jpg (990x881, 187K)

Abstraction layers.

What 4:3 monitor are you talking about?

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1280x768, 156K)

Virtual machines.

SOPA

DE MACACO

Attached: UMA4.png (1380x876, 83K)

All your databases are belong to RAM.

Attached: aaaa.jpg (1024x768, 47K)

Unless you're running VMs or other intensive software. Just use a shit box running OpenBSD. This is my typical machine. I have a Xeon W350 w/ 24gigs of RAM and a 780 I could use. But unless i'm compiling or doing VMs, this works fine.

Attached: screenFetch-2018-07-23_16-50-51.png (1024x768, 1.02M)

Inner platform effect.

>On OpenBSD
>Using i3 instead of cwm,fvwm or dwm
Completely disgusting

Attached: consider_the_following.jpg (376x369, 36K)

>OpenBSD

Fuck you then, I like i3

Fuck you shitskin pajeet.

- Keeping file system and database shit cached in RAM.
- Building large codebases faster by not swapping out and running as many compiler processes as there as cores.
- OS-level virtualization and containers.
- Running language-specific VMs, especially the kind that includes a JIT. The days of five applications sharing the same JVM to economize on RAM are gone, And That's a Good Thing.
- Having more than 5 browser tabs open at a time, which is pretty an instance of the above point.
- Working on high-fidelity multimedia junk, again, without swapping.
- To eliminate load times and simulate more complex worlds in games.

hey fellow brazilian, can you watch shit without problems in win98? im thinking about downgrading to 2k from 7 but i still want to watch my moving, mongolian cave paintings

I only use this machine to play DOS games and shitpost, but I think you can watch your animus with KernelEX and something like a compatible version of VLC. But anyway, don't downgrade, 7 is the best Windows version around and is comfy as fuck.

Hi fellow countryman, I'm from Brazil too. How can you use that 98 on a daily basis? What are the biggest barriers to use?

Perfect ah. I use Windows 7 and I find enough for my daily tasks

You are correct. Why is Apple retarded and only put 2GB of RAM in their latest iPhone 8?

>TFW had 192 MB in my 300 MHz Celeron laptop from 98
Ran AOE2 like a champ

Cost saving and product differentiation? It isn't like you can do many of these tasks on iOS.

Uma delicia.

>OpenBSD
Just use PuppyLinux/Lubuntu, for fucks sakes

try playing a youtube video on that machine

You are a sinful glutton if you require more than 1G

so is your monitor 1280x768 or 1024x768?

Pajeets keep releasing blaoted software that is also filled to the brim with memory leaks.

Can a nigga get that background

Because those poor RAM manufacturers want to eat too you insensible swine.