Is (or can it be like that) software engineering really like this silicon valley chink depcits?

Is (or can it be like that) software engineering really like this silicon valley chink depcits?
Or is this just some elaborate trickery to lure me into a hellish career full of emotionless, autistic coworkers and no fun allowed?

youtube.com/watch?v=rqX8PFcOpxA

youtube.com/watch?v=lfTwqw_gyKs

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U8pBOsx--d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1:55
>that basedgirl face

what do you mean, probably, what do you find appealing about it? if you take away all the office frills it's not anything special.

>Objective-C
with a bit of luck OP, it wont be as bad as that.

>get to work at 10
>lunch at 12:30
>off work at 17

Definitely not.

When you browse here or talk to certain people you get the impression that SE is a boring, dull officejob where you stare at a screen 8 hours a day to optimize some process, being a small clog in a giant company, with retarded customers, soulless drones as coworkers and heading straight into depression. Sometimes I wonder how much of that is a meme and how much of it is true and whether I should quit now to become a nurse, firefighter, policeman or something that has meaning.
Then again, I like problem solving and a comfy job that pays well.

Jobs are very different, companies are very different. Most people don't work for Google, but might work in the IT department of some bank or something. Or you might write some scientific applications or whatever, the experience will be very different.

So this is the power of California chinkshit

Attached: SmartSelect_20180723-171843_NewPipe.jpg (586x308, 72K)

>Wakes up at 7:30AM
>2+ hour commute each way
>Literally works for two hours each day.
>Objective-C
>Probably gets paid shit + (((equity)))

Lol at OP who thinks this sounds fun.

Meanwhile, I get paid six figures at boring corp. Here's how my day is going.
>Wake up at 9:55 to get on a client meeting
>I don't leave my bed during this meeting
>Grunt some shit I don't even remember, everyone agrees
>Go back to bed for an hour
>Wake up, eat breakfast, check emails
>It's raining so I decide to work from home today
>Email boss, he agrees
>Move some shit around in JIRA and send some emails
>Probably going to stop work in a few hours to hit the gym

Being a software engineer is fucking comfy

Attached: 1436897377713.png (866x635, 182K)

They'll detect that you don't do shit eventually.

Been working there for 5 years with 10-15% raise each year. Most software engineers get ZERO productive hours in. You are probably one of them. I'll get three in today.

No my dude. My company has five employees total. Its pretty obvious when I don't work.

In fact over the last six weeks I've written over 8000 loc

(some of them are copied files, some are compiled css and the less)

come on you are full of shit

>Using pajeet metrics to measure productivity

The fact that you measure you productivity in LOC tells me you aren't an actual software engineer. This ain't one of PL comps where you bounce around in your springy suits Brian. This is an engineering discipline where terseness is valued. Some days I don't code at all. Some days all I do is delete code.

Are you the Jow Forums Isley?

>I posted it again xDDDDD
fucking stop. sage

>sage

>being a small clog in a giant company
It's different at small companies, which you can choose to work for. Go small enough, and you'll have to be a jack of all trades, from programming and system administration to web design and copywriting. When you screw up, unlike at BigCo, you won't have anyone to blame but yourself.

Every company is different.
It's like any other job.
Some people have the balls (or the talent) to leave those places they hate. Other people stay in the same company they hate so much for the rest of their life.

I really wish they would stop calling things that aren't engineering "engineering".

why is she so perfect bros

I should make one of these videos
But from the Jow Forumsentleman's side of life
10 minute commute
Make a nice tea
Actually getting work done between 9 and 12 instead of lame standup meetings
Go home for lunch to my loving waifu who prepared salmon, because it's sal-monday!
Stop for a 1200 calorie maple bacon milkshake because they're $1.99 on special at the QT
I've earned it through disciplined calorie restriction diet
21.5 BMI masterrace
Return to work for five more hours of coding with no meetings
Head out at 6pm on the dot
Get home and have a light meal with waifu
power up my personal laptop
Shitpost on Jow Forums for an hour or two till bored
Work on a personal project, which is AGPLv3, of course

nice roleplay

>San Francisco
Fucking chinks just love some San Fransisco
Nevermind the homeless, needles, and literal piles of shit everywhere,
Oh, yeah, expensive as fuck: If those people worked from home, they could probably double their income based on the cost of the office space.
I can't believe people give VC to shit companies like that one.
>but but muh talent
yeah no.

>Wake up, eat breakfast, check emails
>It's raining so I decide to work from home today
>Email boss, he agrees
>Move some shit around in JIRA and send some emails
This is how I know it's real

Atleast she is using one of the best keyboards ever made.

she probably does menial code or some useless shit, all while drinking lot of onions with hipsters

Trust anime girl, not chink.

Attached: 658260_screenshots_20171008233543_1.jpg (2560x1440, 371K)

That hits almost too close to home. At a company not quite big but not quite small, managing AWS servers the VP of Eng. doesn't even know about, being the only person keeping the public facing site afloat from a frontend prospective, just fucking up a little bit in that webpack.config.js because marketing pressures you to get it out now, and you fix it in the end. Everyone understands, there's general forgiveness, but still, you know your own shame. It looms, it lingers, it persists. There are not enough drugs to forget that commit. To forget you depended on a code review that was only a formality not an actual review. So you keep drinking. Trying not to fall into the same mania that had you shitposting in Slack at 2:00am, hurrying to delete your posts as you wake the next morning. I would trade this for the cavalier attitude of software dev in hardware engineering testing at Fruit Co. any day. But you know, some French phrase and all that. Still the only trade I can do, and if you're here, the only one you can do. Stay cool dudes. It's hard to, but really, if you can't stay with your folks, what else are you going to do?

Attached: photoThumb.gif (82x82, 2K)

Her work day is a joke.

> Get's in at 10:30 a.m.
> Codes for a little bit.
> Attends meeting
> Eats lunch (an hourlong, especially if it's in the middle of the office)
> Codes a little bit.
> Takes stroll to coffee show and nearby stores
> Codes a little bit more.
> Out the door by 5:30 p.m.

>Go home for lunch to my loving waifu who prepared salmon, because it's sal-monday!

How do I teach my Daki to make samon for me?

in other vids she says she does 9-5 with little breaks and that was ofc an exception

>which is AGPLv3, of course
vomit-chan.flif

Then why the fuck did she pick that day for a video about a day in her life?

how am I supposed to know

>01:40
She's a qt

she's probably a "senior social media engineer" meaning she probably retweets generic motivational quotes on twitter and spends the rest of her time browsing facebook

Because she was payed to do a marketing stunt ?

I got curious and sped through a couple of videos. She majored in CS and now works as an actual mobile dev.
youtube.com/watch?v=U8pBOsx--d0
No, that's not it. She is building a personal brand in the "learn to code" niche. Her channel's target audience is wannabe software devs. She has her own Slack, a "business inquiries" email (which on YT normally means paid product promotions) and everything.

>be software engineer
>dont actually engineer software

Be me...
>Work for "woke" company full of normies and boomers.
>Have a full liquor bar in our break room, but no one ever drinks anything.
>Have to dodge boomers riding their fucking skateboards down the hallway.
>MacBooks with stickers are everywhere.
It gets real old, real fast senpai.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6K)

why do women need to wear makeup to work? like seriously

Because most women look fuck ugly without makeup. Thats why. How is this even a question?

Attached: 1516404883592.gif (500x238, 496K)