pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 134114_upload_2018-6-14_16-19-52.png (818x588, 710K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/22dQGG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AVOID RYZEN LIKE THE PLAGUE

this whole G-sync vs. FreeSync shit is infuriating. if nVidia cards are the standard, why are 90% of "performance" monitors FreeSync? why is nVidia fucking the consumer?

can someone recc me a decent 1440p 144hz g-sync? why is one so hard to find?

Attached: scoob.jpg (500x374, 145K)

Installing an AMD processor is so easy. No scary crunching sound! Good first experience so far.

>why is nVidia fucking the consumer?
Heh

For AMD or Nvidia?
For AMD:
Any Sapphire
XFX GTS is midtier, but cooler isn't that good. PCB is great if you want to replace cooler. Otherwise GTR-S. Don't get lower than GTS, afaik.
Powercolor: Red Devil only, except for Vega56 where the Red Dragon is kind of good for once.
ASUS Strix
MSI Gaming X, Armor Mk2
Any high end models like Lightning, etc (hasn't been one of those for a while)

For Nvidia:
Any EVGA that doesn't have a solid block heatsink. As in, it has heat pipes and fins. For newer Pascal that is... they had some flaming early models and 900 series.
ASUS Strix as well
MSI Gaming X, or ones that are the same like the Titanium
Any Galax afaik?
Some Zotac, depends.
Any super high end models like HOF, Lightning, Kingpin, etc.

If you look at these you should see a bit of a pattern of just how cheap the and shitty the heatsink is on cards like the Armor, Dual, etc.
G1 is an exception where it looks like a fairly large heatsink with 3 fans, but the fans are complete shit and so is the heatsink.
The EVGA ACX 3.0 SC2 heatsink practically cools passively as well as the g1 does at some low fan speed. G1 is just that shit somehow.

Why is this actually hard for you to figure out?

Yes it is. But don't remove it cold. Though, even if you do and rip it out, you're unlikely to bend pins.

Freesync costs cheaper than g-sync

>why is nVidia fucking the consumer?
Because they control the vast majority of the market. Nvidia cards are only the standard because people say they're the standard. Outside of the 1080(sometimes Vega 56 beats it)/1080ti AMD is the better card to buy.

But honestly I've gone my life without adaptive sync. I really don't think it's as big of a deal as Jow Forums makes it out to be. Not enough to stress over it.

Itt;
-people with percecusion complex thinking recommendations for another brand is "shilling"
-people actually recommending 8600k
-people actually recommending GTX 1080 in its current market placement
-people actually thinking full load under Target temperature is the same thing as throttling to keep under target temperature

Hello friends - I have a pc build that works when everything EXCEPT the cpu power is plugged in. When I plug it in, it works only for a second before it just shuts down. The mobo I have is msi x470 and when it shuts down, the cpu led on the mobo is red. Don't know if this is related but the leds for the ram sticks are red as well. My cpu is amd r5 and memory is patriot viper 2x4gb ddr4.
>If anyone knows anything to help that would be greatly appreciated. I can post the other specs too if needed. And if you can't tell I am a bit of a newbie.

Attached: 1390187149154.jpg (184x184, 6K)

So it doesn't matter that I already have a EVO heatsink and like 3 fans in the PC already? Like I said, the biggest draw was the financing of it, but if it really is a bad move then I will refrain I guess.

Installing RAM was not as much fun as dropping the processor into the socket. The experience has not improved at all from installing PC-RAM in IBM compatibles 20 years ago. Next up I will rate the experience of installing an M.2 drive.

Unless it turns out to be defective when I attempt to power on for the first time, I'm not anticipating having to pull it out any time in the next few years. But if I ever upgrade it (since I understand AM4 will still be supported for several years), what do you mean by "don't remove it cold"? Surely you don't want me to remove it hot, like right after the PC has been running?

>He bought a motherboard without postcodes
Better break out that manual and see what the lights mean.

>Outside of the 1080(sometimes Vega 56 beats it)/1080ti AMD is the better card to buy.
i've been reading otherwise
when is vega the better choice?
as i remember most times the 1070ti comes out on top at 1440 while being cheaper (here anyways)

G-sync/freesync is a meme. Only drones say it is needed because they want people to buy housefire vegas/580's.

Random reminder that /ourcooler/ Thermalright True Spirit 140 POWER is literally the NHD15 except not brown and costs $50 but you cannot be a caselet if you want it inside you(r case)

whats a good micro atx case for a dorm

Installing the M.2 module was a bit of a clunky procedure. The heatsync looks nice but is probably unnecessary. I also found it it a bit silly that I had to screw the module in to hold it down, with a ridiculously tiny screw with barely a single thread. I guess the idea is that it's a part that doesn't need to be switched out very often, but I'm not really seeing the appeal. I was impressed by how small the module is, though.

>>I said apu
>you mean UPS you fucking idiot
You didn't even read the sentence following that
Thank you for proving yourself an idiot

because poor people

Someone just recommend me a god damn GPU at this point. Budget is $400-500. I'll be putting it on my PayPal credit line so I literally can't go over $500, nor would I want to.

I have a Asrock Pro4 Z77 mobo and a 520w PSU.

>AVOID RYZEN LIKE THE PLAGUE
Buy Intel goyim

1070 ti

You can get a 1070 for that price

Into the filter

The filter that never works?

> you cannot be a caselet if you want it inside you(r case)
What did he try to mean by this?

HOLY SHITGET IN HERE
9th gen i7 will be 8 cores WITHOUT hyperthreading AHAHAHA

Thermaltake Versa H15

I want to play newer games, my computer is quite old with an ATI HD 5850

What's the newest card that will fit in the same slot and use the same amount of power?

>Because they control the vast majority of the market.
They don't though. They control a little over 2/3rds. That's not a monopoly, it's simply a sizeable lead.

You mean
>itlt

Wait.. what? What would CPU cooler have to do with GPU cooler?

Surely I mean remove it right after you turn off the PC after it's been running, yes.
When it's cold, the thermal paste generally gets very gluey and makes the heatsink stick to the CPU IHS.
So often when people pull them out cold, you rip the CPU out of the socket with it.
HOWEVER, there's really not much latching force on the pins within the socket, so it's incredibly rare to break off a pin. But better safe than sorry.

Performance wise?
Newer games in general. Past year of release seems to be favoring Vega.
Nvidia cards lose 10% FPS doing HDR10. AMD ones lose

Thermaltake Versa H15 owner here, don't listen to unless you can bare cable management being a pain in the ass. You can get better cases for a little bit more.

RX560 would be a a decent upgrade and use around half the power without an OC.
RX580 would use a bit more power but be a major upgrade and probably too much for your current monitor.

Werks on my machine :^)

>When it's cold, the thermal paste generally gets very gluey and makes the heatsink stick to the CPU IHS.
>So often when people pull them out cold, you rip the CPU out of the socket with it.
Oh, thank you for the explanation. I would have assumed that it was more dangerous to mess with the PC when it had just been running. That will be relevant if I want to upgrade the cooler as well, which is more likely since I am just putting on the stock cooler for now.

>Where's Nvidia GPUs have too many downsides for me to list.
Please, do let me know.

Doesn't that use pci express 3.0 or something
Will that work on my old motherboard?

Then how come you replied to me? Filtering a trip did nothing.

It has a bigger vertical clearance requirement than NHD15. It's taller but slimmer

>Takes off his trip
>Problem solved
>Dumb tripfag is dumb

Or I could use a different trip every time, spewing garbage into the name field without a second thought.
Again, what did your filter accomplish?

>Filter that trip too
Comfy as fuck

More effort on your side desu

Because filtering a tripcode is a real task yep *sips*

>14nm i9 8C/16T 95W TDP
>95W TDP
Who are they kidding? I wonder if that 14nm housefire comes with that nice Intel™ boxed cooling solution lmao.
Also wonder when we'll see 10nm from Intel, will it be before 2030?

Too bad that's not what I said, huh?

>Being this retarded

Hey man, it's your safety space to maintain not mine.

Don't buy it if you can't pay it off immediately.

Nobody likes you

Attached: 1523310286210.jpg (431x450, 68K)

Cable management is annoying, but for its price point, diminutive size (whilst including a 5.25" bay, if that's important) and decent airflow is a worthy trade off.
>You can get better cases for a little bit more
Then list them for user. Contrarian posts without alternative aren't a real help.

Filter me then :^)

wait for vega 64 to reach that price, get only the ROG Stryx or the Sapphire

I already have the 2600x, sucks to be you.

I have the 1600 as well friend. More power to AMD.

>You mean itlt
I can only hope.

Sorry, I just realized how retarded that statement was. Yeah it wouldn't.

>cognitive dissonance

Focus G Mini or Meshify C Mini

You mean don't buy unless I can pay it off in full but still choose to take my time? Isn't that the point of credit?

He means don't accrue interest.

Thanks, any reccomndations? I'm told by someone here to stay away from MSI Armor, Gigabyte G1/Windforce/anything, or ASUS Dual cards.

If the purchase is over $99, they give you 6 months no interest to pay.

My dumb highschool friend is willing to sell me his PC and monitor combo for $900, would I be fucking dumb to not take it?

>980 ti
>1440p,144hz freesync monitor
>i7 4790k
>16gb
>two ssds
>1000w psu

I plan to sell the 980 ti and get a 1080.

Attached: 1532328220048.webm (576x1024, 3M)

>taking out a loan on a GPU

Attached: 1528952445944.png (759x822, 428K)

No interest if you pay it off in 6 months, what exactly is the problem now?

yes, pcie is backwards compatible

Tell him you take it for $800.

Uhh doesn't it simply decrease bandwidth? I thought PCIe is all backwards/forward compatible.
Like I can set PCIe speed to 2.0 in my BIOS and my 3.0 GPU still works.

Is the monitor IPS? Without dead/stuck pixels? Then that's not bad it'd seem.
If it's TN, doesn't seem like much of a "friend deal" at all.

R8 my build Jow Forums
I5 8400
Asrock h370m-itx
A stick of ram
Some old toshiba ssd pulled from a used lappy
Four random hdd of various sizes and speeds including an 80gb 2.5 incher from a ps3 fat.
Node 304
Noctua low profi cooler if I have all the screws saved

All for $360 including tax.
I’ll be using it to shitpost on a 4K tv and trim 12gb Daiz episodes into 300mb.

Most of the financing options Amazon, Newegg, Paypal or most of the big time retailers have 0% APR for special financing purchases. Usually X amount of money for Y number of months. It's literally just like paying your credit card, but without worrying about interest.

After reading your original reply to my post, as well as the argument between you and a few other anons, I came to the conclusion that your points were most logical.
I'll be going with the 1070ti. Thanks.

Attached: 1432322614130.png (814x720, 282K)

>trim 12gb Daiz episodes into 300mb.
What's up with Nyaa anyway? I only see Horriblesubs at this point. Did all the other subs just go back to their own website about the original website was closed?

Crunchyroll killed fansubbing.

Crunchy, Funimation, and Netflix.
It's pointless to wait a day for fansubs when you can get them within an hour from the source. Times have changed.

No problem. Sorry the conversation chain devulged into shitposting.

I either filter all trips (which is pretty easy), or I click two buttons and filter the new trip, which is way less effort that you have to do to do this shit. If you've got a trip off, I don't care. Honestly, I prefer idiots to use trips, so I can just filter you more easily.

i5 2500k and a 6950 2gb, how long can this combo last me? I haven’t overclocked the CPU yet but the gpu has burned out one of my pci slots already.
If i OC that sandy bridge can I push it two more years or so?

I built this thing in 2011 for fuck sake

Definitely overclock your CPU, and just upgrade your GPU when you feel your current card no longer pulls the FPS you want at settings you want to run. Maybe a cheap secondhand GTX 970 will keep you going for a while yet.

my gayman razer mouse crapped out on me after just a few years

anyone have good mice reccomendations

>5850

Man I loved mine when I had it, hurt a lot of feelings in Orange Box games with that card.

I went from that to an R9 290x

what is wrong with my ryzen setup?

Attached: wtf.png (1920x1080, 581K)

>mfw talking with some idiot who bought two 1080tis in SLI and has a 3440x1440 monitor

Attached: 1527997919635.jpg (6144x3456, 1021K)

>R3 2200g/b450/8gb (2x4) ddr4 3000

Need a case (mATX), monitor (1080p), and PSU reccomend. Use case: very light games and youtube.

what fork of firefox is that? waterfox?

nightly

it's running a little hot

Logitech something. Zowie shell design is superior but the build quality is just as shit as Razer.

Go cheap with a build like that. Acer monitor, rosewill case, etc. Don't skimp on psu though. Antec makes some decent cheapos, but I'd rec at least a bronze.

is the g502 good? it looks ricey as fuck but has good reviews

dunno about you but I used the original zowie FK for four years and it still runs great, I recommend them

ah lol that brings me back. this was my first ever gpu.

Attached: 10489-img9219-1.jpg (500x399, 69K)

g502/rival 700 are prime choices. the only thing i don't like about the g502 are the buttons are a bit twitchy and the rubber wears off fast, which sucks because the grooves collect a lot of grime and when you clean it off the rubber comes with it.
the rival 700 has a very similar sensor, again extremely good, but very gimmicky and way more expensive. either works fine. i've used both extensively and i love them both to death.

R8 my build, doing a ryzen mini itx build for 1080p gaming with upgrade potential in the future for 1440p.
>Budget is under 1500$ CDN

Attached: 1531744587013.png (720x898, 569K)

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/22dQGG
>Brainlet I forgot to post link

Right thanks. I was worried I was having a retard moment.

>Single DIMM
enjoy the stutters I guess.
>encoding
Why didn't you just get a $160 1700? It'd have been like over 50% faster.

Uhh youre CPU is surely already bottlenecking the GPU.
My i5-2500k often bottlenecked my 7970. Lots of people with similar GPUs have said the same. 4 threads just isn't enough in a lot of cases the past few years.
But if it feels fine to you, then stick to it.

Uh are you at 1.4v on the tiny stock cooler?

Yeah idk reddit and Discord are full of them.

>case
Masterbox Q300L
>PSU
cheapest semi-modular or modular 400-550W if you want upgrade room. Or just get a tiny slim case with a built in 150-200W PSU if you're just going to stick to the iGPU forever with it.
>monitor
Just the cheapest

>Uhh youre CPU is surely already bottlenecking the GPU.
My i5-2500k often bottlenecked my 7970. Lots of people with similar GPUs have said the same. 4 threads just isn't enough in a lot of cases the past few years.
But if it feels fine to you, then stick to it.

So your saying upgrade CPUand stick with 6950 for the meantime? Like I said my mobo is starting to die on me already, could jump ship to faster ram speeds too right?

b-but i need to get 165fps in roblox

Had to reply twice? Damn I feel sorry for you.

1440p >>> 4k >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1080p

Bring the voltage down because it's very high and test for stability with Prime95 or AIDA64 and HWiNFO. If it's stable keep lowering it until the stress test crashes to find the minimum voltage required, also if the CPU temperature goes over 90c with that minimum voltage lower the frequency and repeat