So no that thinkpads have turned to shit, is this /ourguy/?

Looking for a big meaty machine that will last me through my mech. engineering masters and phd. does this look good? ready to pull the trigger.
dell.com/en-au/work/shop/workstations/precision-7530/spd/precision-15-7530-laptop

Attached: workstation-precision-7720-pdp-module-4.jpg (965x590, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zbook-15/index.html?jumpid=cp_r12139_us/en/psg/hp_mobile_workstations/zbook15-17-mdplink
www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/mars/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> thinkpads have turned to shit
LOL

Attached: csm_Thinkpad_T460_06_ppt0_47eb6c2917.jpg (1920x1147, 334K)

>Dell
Well at least you tried, marketers. I know how much you want that 4chin base of Engineers...

Out of the way, bois!
www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zbook-15/index.html?jumpid=cp_r12139_us/en/psg/hp_mobile_workstations/zbook15-17-mdplink

Attached: new_hero_no_bg_slide_one_tcm245_2618555_tcm245_2618386_tcm245-2618555.png (800x440, 248K)

Oh, and Thinkpads have absolutely gone to shit lately. That's why HP ZBooks are being used in space nowadays.
www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/mars/index.html

Honestly I really like my Dell 7567 with dat 74wh battery making all the batterylets jealous, only bummer is no USB C and the newer models with USB C having 54wh batteries

Honest question, what does having USB-C ports do for a computer?

I've only seen them on phones so far, and the traditional USB A -> C cables do just fine.

The only pro to dell I can think of is they have good service manuals.

would you pay me if i help shilling this?

Can't use chargers that aren't dell, into the trash it goes

They also have good thermals, build quality, and a good price:performance ratio when compared to the competition

This is false, I had an eBay charger on my E6520 charging both eBay and Dell OEM batteries. I opted for the 130w OEM Dell just because fast charging

Universal charger in simple words, no need to use chink chargers anymore if the charger dies.

OK, did some reading and I see.

The idea is that everything will have a USB C port and be able to accept/send power from anything else. Also transfer data.

Should be awesome once it pans out. Soon you'll only need a handful of USB C cables to do everything.

The problem is that there are 20 different USB C standards, and nobody follows the standards.
They are so fucked up that a Chinese cable can kill your device.
Yeah you read it right, a cable.

Nice, so now we're going to have to find acceptable cables before we buy them.

Personally I would like to use it for a dock to multiple display outputs since the one HDMI on the machine can only drive one monitor.

Thinkpads haven't been good since the T400.

Getac

I've got a 7510 and it's decent. I bet that dell you posted is decent as well. I think with the Thinkpad P series you will get meatier specs for less $.

Hows the loonix support?

email?

It looks good then I saw the keyboard layout. They didn't even put in normal sized arrow keys. They just had to ruin it with those piddly up and down keys.

Why are there literally zero reviews on zbook g5 x360?

Stop being a poorfag and buy a zbook

>The problem is that there are 20 different USB C standards, and nobody follows the standards.
>They are so fucked up that a Chinese cable can kill your device.
Yeah this pisses me off so bad. USB-C was such a good idea, and because all these different manufacturers only use whatever part of the standard they want, it actually ends up being more confusing for the end-user, and actually likely to harm your device in some circumstances.

They need to update the standard so that the manufacturers have to implement EVERYTHING correctly, or they aren't allowed to use it in the device.

Dell XPS 15, OP. The 2017 and 2018 models have been gold tier machines.

>Buying a laptop cause others have used it in Space
You're retarded.

→ coil whine/ overheat pos better than Thinkpad.

1/5 made me reply