Your resume is very impressive and I think the job interview went well, don't you agree...

Your resume is very impressive and I think the job interview went well, don't you agree? Now just ONE last thing before we sign the contract... *rolls in the whiteboard*

Attached: 1512380037493.jpg (5357x3571, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/bandit0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's wrong with a whiteboard interview? It separated the brainlets from people who know how to code

you dont code on a whiteboard

if(n == 3)
printf("fizz");

Attached: 1530750481965.jpg (640x535, 36K)

No one asked you.

Attached: gross.jpg (639x360, 50K)

lmao wagies you chose this!
kek

Am I the only one who can code just fine on a computer but can't do it on paper or whiteboard? Will it be an automatic fail if I bring my Thinkpad and offer to solve the problem on it? Maybe when they see me open vim on my riced installation of Arch Linux they'll understand what a genius I am and let me skip the whiteboard part...

Attached: 1508638064158.jpg (846x1024, 80K)

the whiteboard test separates pajeets/NEETs from the well adjusted individuals that can do the job.

Why does Jow Forums complain about whiteboard interviews if they're so fucking rare?

As someone who actually interviews people here's the most important thing.

AT LEAST TRY.

Also ASK QUESTIONS.

Asking questions, fuck if it's on a computer you can google shit if you want I don't care, is important and shows your process of figuring things out.

Whiteboard coding is something you have to practice. Just like you have to practice typical interview questions.

Did I ask you to tell me?

If i'm having a hard time is easier for me on whiteboard or paper.

Write code on your shower wall with your fingertip when you are showering; or get some shower crayons.

What kind of questions do thgey ask at a whiteboard interview? They wont ask you things like whats the asymptotic complexity of a program will they?

For an example:

> Look at resume
> "Linux expert" (or some other related thingy)
> Put them in front of a terminal and ask them to do Linux stuff
> Almost always fail at this

We do that every time. We also give them CTF type problems of varying difficulty to solve live in front of us (we are a security centered team and problem solving is extremely important).

Not a whiteboard, but it's a 'technical interview'. This is how we start the interview process.

"oh, sure. can you act as substitutes for auto-complete?"

there, now you both made them laugh and opened them up for questions

i want to fugg her

Example of such Linux questions pls

They just asked me to implement a palindrome checker both iteratively and recursively. Then they asked some shit about pointers and inheritance and now I have a comfy office job.

I know how to cd and cat when do I start?

Very easy stuff for the last few interviews; stuff like

> You can't access blahblahblah dns isn't working how to fix
> There is a file of blahbalh size somewhere on the machine plz find exact file
> This file has 90000 lines of random characters, two of them are the same, please show the strings that are the same.
> Find the password in this pcap
> What system calls does this binary make
> Pwn this VERY simple binary (can be solved by just running strings, looking for strcmp)

Easy peezy stuff; again this is just the first part of an interview. We haven't interviewed anyone for our own team this year but we are called in for other teams (like systems guys and stuff) to test them on technical shit they put on their resume.

You literally know more then some people that put linux on their resume, I am being serious.

Oh and for a whiteboard example, when I interviewed for the team after the Linuxy part there was a whiteboard with a bunch of C on it and I had to say what the output would be, why it isn't ideal (some malloc shit) and how it deals with the heap vs. stack and stuff; then write some C code on the board myself (I don't even remember what to be honest). I have not gotten to that point with interviewees yet so don't know what we would ask, hah. Thinking of putting a job listing on Hackthebox.eu .

How do I learn this

Here ya go brostrich:

overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/bandit0.html

Most whiteboarding questions are just IQ-tests-but-not-really-IQ-tests. Using IQ tests for job interviews is illegal so they have to game the system somehow. Companies still have puzzle type questions etc.. its all just trying to apply a large filter for a huge number of candidates.

>overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/bandit0.html
cool, thanks

Because Jow Forums always complains about things that put their safezone in danger

You seem like someone who would really fit into our company culture, user. I just have one last question for you. You do dream in code, don't you?

>tfw pass the python whiteboard but fail the sql test instead
Who the fuck writes database queries by hand?

Attached: 1529424468252.png (111x115, 28K)