Leave my $2000 macbook running OSX10 unattended at a starbucks

>leave my $2000 macbook running OSX10 unattended at a starbucks
>nigger steals it
>leave my $90 thinkpad running my 1337 rice of arch linux unattended at a hackerspace
>neckbeard hacks it
>leave my $400 hp laptop running windows unattended at the office
>nothing happens
makes you think...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

if u want to be inconspicuous buy consumer grade laptops

HP pavilion, windows 8.1 REPRESENT

Attached: boomer6.png (380x349, 77K)

>leaving your shit unattendended in ghetto starbucks
>Not knowing how to protect your self against attacks
>Wow, no one still your shitty laptop at work
This doesn't make me think, it makes me wonder why you is be so dumb.

>use an adequate dell laptop that I've had for the last 4 years
>has no issues, still runs fine, build quality is excellent
>no one I work with cares, they do their jobs on their laptops of choice, I dont care what they use either
>none of my friends care about my choice of computer
>none of my family cares
>girlfriend sure as shit doesn't care
>my roommate doesn't care
>roommate uses a mac, I dont care
>I use an iphone for work because the company provided it for free, samsung for personal use
>no one cares

So where are all these "macfags" that Jow Forums told me would try to shove their choice of product down my throat? Literally no one cares. Also why would you ever leave your computer unattended in a public place? That's even a bad choice in a fictional story like the one you just told

Never drink Starbucks coffee so you never need to use the bathroom, protip

Where does a $1200 Lenovo T480 fit into this?

lmao exactly this.

It's actually quite sad when people are posting crap like "you're not going to get laid if you don't have an iPhone" and shit like that.
Nobody cares, and if you're basing your opinion of someone on what brand of phone they use, you seriously need check yourself.

Because Jow Forums misses the point about aesthetics and thinks everything boils down to branding. Granted, using cheap (and I mean, extremely cheap) hardware will make people view you negatively because it makes it look like you don't have your shit together, but when it comes to iPhone vs S9, it's purely personal preference. In addendum having a nasty ass mbp with grease stains, fingerprints all over it that's scratched to shit and generally makes it look like you don't care for your personal belongings will look infinitely worse than a well-kept for moderate laptop because it makes you look like someone who doesn't understand the value of a dollar and will splurge on fancy shit but not upkeep with it. Ever seen a filthy Lexus that's less than 2 years old with dings and shit? Just makes you look like a tard

To be fair, thots care. Thots care a lot about that sort of thing, and people that can only get laid whether they have imessage or not have a point. But that's a whole other layer of pathetic

Attached: w06icmmv6tu01.jpg (1804x2048, 1.07M)

everybody knows hp computers are garbage even now with their brand re-imaging of them trying to look high quality I know its bs; hp has and will always be low quality garbage that nobody really wants

I don't really care about what other people use either, but I'd be concerned about being roommates with someone who uses a mac because those people tend to be of low intelligence and questionable character.

What has been your experience with this?

>He doesn't live in a country where none if those would be stolen
Sucks to be you

>have win7 on my macbook
>nobody steals it because "MUH OLD OS"

Attached: 001.jpg (3280x2460, 1.18M)

Their business hardware is decent.
We use their towers and zBooks at work, and they seem to hold up pretty well to 4ish years of 24/7 use and abuse.

A bix nood can barely use the machine, let alone discern what OS is on it.
They'd steal it just the same given the opportunity.

I guess I don't hang out with thots then.
When you say thot, are you talking about the sort of half-trashy generally dumb promiscuous type of girl? I could see them caring because they probably work some sort of retail or other low-wage job, so affording an iPhone is a real status symbol to them.

100% correct. I prefer my ThinkPad with Ubuntu but nobody gives a shit about what computer you use outside of NEETs on Jow Forums and 13 year olds.

Derp.

Attached: The-Chad-Boomer.jpg (1200x488, 92K)

>leave my $400 hp laptop running windows unattended at the office
>screen falls off
fixd 4 u

Dell Latitude 7490 or X1C6/T480s? can't decide because there are barely any reviews for Dell Latitudes.

eGPU machine would be cool later on.

>be OP
>leave his valuable shit unattended in public places
>gets fucked with/stolen
>leaves essential work tool at work unattended
>workmates leave laptop alone
>somehow conflates theft and hacking of other stuff in public and non-interference of laptop at work with worth of laptops and inherent value.

OP is a fucking child, in mind if not body.

Here's a tip for you tho OP - next time you're going to make a shitty bread about this maybe you should take a moment to wonder whether you should be more deebly goncerned about the FUCKING DATA that was on the stolen/hacked laptops.

Attached: tn9c30r8lk19yshwl36uz2kdiflconq1gvbegxkepjiakq2sbihdq6o9d1wg8vwg-.jpg (1360x906, 296K)

Niggers don't care about the model or OS, they just sell it for crack.

Good aesthetics is entirely a factor of marketing. Have your ever noticed that everytime Apple releases a product with a new design, the previous one instantly looks shit?

>work at uni
>gypsies and arabs from time to time go through and steal everything that isn't bolted to the floor
>coworker told he he just left his thinkpad in a remote corner of the uni for two minutes, came back, it was gone
When I leave the office, I lock the office.
When I'm somewhere where I can't lock my thinkpad, I take it with me.
If I have to go to the bathroom on a train or in a restaurant, the thinkpad goes into my backpack, my backpack goes on my back, and I pee like that.
Problem solved.

CUNT CUNT CUNT. ARE YOU ME?
literally been trying to decide that same thing for the last fucking month.

Don't leave your laptop in public places

>leave my hp laptop running windows unattended
>you come back and it's full of bloatware
thanks hp!

I was rocking a latitude e6410 until just last month. It just fuckin werked

>be me
>don't leave muh laptop unattended in public places
>it doesn't get stoled by negros
>don't leave muh laptop unattended at l337 h4xx0r conventions
>it doesn't get coderaped
>leave muh laptop on but screenlocked at muh workplace with all of muh other work colleagues
>they don't negro out and steal muh laptop.

I wonder what it is that i did differently to OP?

Attached: 810256.jpg (2560x1706, 756K)

>macbook gets stolen by nigger
>it's encrypted via filevault so my data is safe
>even if nigger tries to wipe it, he won't be able to activate without my apple id
>use find my mac to track down my macbook
>jamal ends up in jail for being a stinky nigger SHIEEEET

it just works guys :')

>it's encrypted via filevault so my data is safe
explain this further. i just got a macbook

FileVault is full disk encryption with AES-256. Without the recovery key or an administrator password, you can not access any of the data. If you combine this with an iCloud account and enable Find My Mac, you can remotely lock, wipe and track your Mac. The remote lock will set a BIOS level lock on your computer, meaning you can't access nor do anything with the Mac until the lock is lifted. You can't even boot from USB.

Ah cool thanks. Will look more into this

FileVault 2*
It also covers all your disk partitions. And you won't notice anything about the encryption since it happens on boot and the full OS is being run in a seemingly unencrypted environment.

For FileVault: System Preferences > Security & Privacy
For Find My Mac: System Preferences > iCloud

So, uh bios password and LUKS?

So, standard practice for anyone with half a working braincell and understanding of compsec?

I also highly recommend setting up an encrypted Time Machine backup on an external/network volume, so that if you forget your password or it does get stolen, you won't lose anything of your data.

Dell > Lelnovo Stinkpad
Although it doesn't have the virginity protection feature

>nigger is a professional criminal
>nigger doesnt care about your personal files at all, why would he? He just got himself rich on your stupidity.
>nigger wipes your storage device and recovers the macbook to a factory state
>used macbook now for sale at craigslist

Don't know about these fancy Intel anti-theft modules etc, haven't been using them, but it's a feature they do have.

No. It only gets activated once your Mac receives the signal to do so after connecting to any network through iCloud. It's not a full on BIOS password to always boot and not be able to make changes to the BIOS. It's activation method is remotely and the purpose of it is different than that of a regular BIOS password.

>bios password
>compsec
kek

the logic board is paperweight without the apple id, sorry Tyrone

>HP
Even Jamal has standards

>his admin user account is his windows live id with no password

If I didn't make bread&butter off that sort of shit I'd almost feel sorry for cunts like you. Almost.

Attached: ruin_me_2017.jpg (1280x544, 96K)

Leave a $1200 fagbook air unattended
Tyrone steals it.
Leave your $6000 dell precision 7730 unattended, nothing happens.
Really makes you think, that purchasing a fagbook shows you have the same mentality as tyrone.

FAGBOOKS AND FAGPHONES ARE JUST THE DEFAULT AROUND HERE, BASICALLY EXPECTED

shill detected
off yourself, be more creative next time

Yes I'm shilling win7 because it's good. :)

Which means that tyrone is as smart as everyone else and you are as smart as tyrone because you value the same things the same way.
>tyrone my son what do you want as a present
>something that costs 1200 and it's shinny
>or something that costs 6000 but it's not?

>leaving valuables unattended on public spaces
you deserved it.

HP just has a diverse product lineup :
>Pavillion - utter trash
>Omen - gaymur trash but shiny
>Envy - would be decent but are pushing the design card to hard
>Probook/Prodesk - actually decent and affordable
>Elite series - business grade hardware and basically a go-to when it comes to HP