Which one...

which one? Every thread i see people recommend these two but no one gives legit reasons why one is better than the other.

Attached: lll.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Basically the same thing with different desktop environments. I personally prefer Mint because the defaults make more sense but it really doesn't matter much. If you want to roll with Ubuntu I'd advise against going with vanilla Ubuntu though, GNOME a shit. Pick Xubuntu.

I also prefer mint, I don't know exactly why but it's much comfier. I use mate though.

why not daddy debian?

>no hardware drivers

>what is loading your firmware .deb into your install media or separate flash drive

just install the nonfree drivers and stop being a freetard brainlet

I think it usually comes down to mint being more polished with better defaults whereas ubuntu is better with the underground stuff such as rolling updates asap. Mint is naturally slowerer because it waits on ubuntu. The same could apply to other fixes to the OS. This is what i think based on issues i see with mint on forums. However, its still popular due to its redeeming 'front end' qualities and no canonical sketchiness

i use kubuntu because its aesthetic. it might be a resource hog compared to xubuntu but at least its better than winblows.

Lubuntu or Xubuntu?

Xubuntu, unless you're running a 15 year old potato.

xubuntu.

One is better than the other, but I won't tell you which one or for what reasons.

>Install nonfree wifi driver
>on a laptop with no GbE

Get Xubuntu.

Kubuntu is the superior flavor

Ubuntu have so much bugs, mint is like a fixed version of ubuntu.

literally pick whichever one works for you

I've had more issues with mint than I have with xubuntu

>not using 10/100 Ethernet
>wifi drivers don't take 6 hours to download

hint: both are shit

Attached: snapshot_03.15.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

what bugs?

why

Just get Ubuntu and install whatever DE you like. Mint is ok if you like Cinnamon, but it has a crazy amount of bugs and issues. Maybe in a few months Mint 19 will be ok. Ubuntu just works and it's one of the most if not the most supported distros.

>t. Gentoo user

none.

Install gentoo

there's an install iso with nonfree firmware on it faggots, your wifi will just werk

Not him, but i'm currently using mint and I get random issues with audio connections getting fucked up and random graphical flickering using certain video players and browsers. Nothing that pops up often enough to be bothersome, but it happens. Probably depends on your hardware, too.

With mint something would randomly stop working and I would have to logout or restart to fix it.

That reminds me that I can't actually shut down normally with mint. On restart it'll hang.

DKE neon

Some rando non official iso

I used to say Mint because Ubuntu is botnet, NSA backdoored and more bloated, but now that I've read about Mint being a 'franken Debian' I'm not too sure. I suppose Xubuntu to get to grips with Linux isn't a bad idea.

Mint is literally ubuntu LTS with a repo for some cinnamon and mate gui stuff.

Why does no one suggest Ubuntu MATE? It's literally GOAT tier.

>because Ubuntu is botnet, NSA backdoored and more bloated
sauce?

and isn't mint unreliable as well, considering the hack two years ago?

botnet because Amazon, NSA backdoor because a while ago there were rumors floating around the NSA was asking Ubuntu to install a backdoor. It makes sense too, because if the NSA wanted a stake in Linux where else would they go but Ubuntu, the only distro to really have taken off? I get it sounds conspiracy theoryish, but so did the whole idea of the NSA spying to the degree it does pre-Snowden.

This green one

Attached: opensusehero.jpg (620x485, 30K)

Lubuntu

>open susie
Sounds like a slut

More like openzuze

Pure shit!

What are you, a kra*t or a poo? Either way kys desu

Werks on my machine, and consider seppuku, my friend.

Ubuntu 18 + communitheme is maximum comfort confirmed.

debian with cinnamon
problem solved

>professionally developed OS with well tested integrations and envible security record
vs
>re-themed version of the same but without the security or testing: original OS do not steal austistic basement tier

As your waifu,

Windows 10>Linux From Scratch>OpenSUSE>Fedora>Debian>Ubuntu>...>Shit>Arch

Unironically this

It's a matter of preference. Mint is pretty much Ubuntu with some preconfigurations. You can get Ubuntu to look and act almost exactly like Mint if you want to spend the time customizing it. I don't, so I just go for the preconfig of mint.

People keep harping about the hack. It could have happened to any major distro. They caught it, they fixed it. Now let’s move on.

Don't even use mint and i agree.

Your opinion is shit and so is your waifu

Both are for INCELS, install Debian.

First Mint didnt wantd to be hacked and hack like that can happen to any distro as someone say, they detected it, they told people this happenned, and they fixed it, this hack is already in long past and almost nobody remembers it, lets move on.

Menawhile Ubuntu intentionally installs some spyware bullshit for amazon and NSA, because money.

Attached: 1344314143.jpg (518x691, 34K)

amazontu botnet

Mint is more stable.

parabola, the natsoc solution

Manjaro or bust.