Slackware out of money?

linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/donating-to-slackware-4175634729/#post5882751

patrick volkerding is out of money. wut do, Jow Forums?

Attached: slack.jpg (266x265, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.slackware.com/cgi-bin/store
voidlinux.org/news/2018/05/serious-issues.html
pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,146233.0.html
linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/donating-to-slackware-4175634729/#post5882751
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that really Pat? Sounds like he's on hard times.

yeah. kinda sad, eh? hoping he gets something put together for donations.

> At any given juncture (including now) I've had numerous opportunities that would support me and my family far better and would provide us with the things that we need rather desperately.
sounds like he’s an absolute retard

>I mean, I'm sitting here in a house with a giant hole in the roof, a broken door sealed with duct tape, and a failed air conditioning condenser that I can't afford to fix, my wife has been driving on a spare tire for weeks, my teeth need serious attention again, and I only just got a machine here with UEFI for the first time (bought a used machine... really out of my budget but it had to be done).

This is what working on important free software gives you back

Why doesn't he get a job, or do some contract programming. Being the creator of one of longest running distros has got to make a hell of an impressive resume.

Need more info about the "store" company.

slackware has some big flaws, you cant do much of anything with it, but its not the OS fault, its the fault of everything requiring system x dedede these days

I use slackware for all my internet activites but do require a Windows PC for creating graphics with photoshops

>At any given juncture (including now) I've had numerous opportunities that would support me and my family far better and would provide us with the things that we need rather desperately.
Why doesn't he take them instead of making yet another OS that nobody uses and provide for his family? wtf I HATE slackware now

Yet again a lead dev of a non-systemd distro has somehow mysteriously gone MIA or wound up or dire situation.

>Another side note - the ownership of the 60% portion of the store changed hands behind my back. Nobody thought they needed to tell me about this. At that point I'd say things got considerably worse for me.

I'd like to know exactly who those new owners are.

I hope he posts crypto addresses for donations. Have a few $k in imaginary money, could send him a little.

What's this "store"?

slack ware store

store.slackware.com/cgi-bin/store

Attached: got-slack.jpg (617x198, 40K)

more like yet again another freetard who thinks working for free is a good idea ends up broke.

systemd is turning all the other linux distros in to shit tier operating systems resembling how microsoft windows functions, dumbed down os you cant learn anything from, just boot it up and pray it works is what systemd has done, at least with old school distros like slackware you can learn how an operating system actually works

since systemd came around Linux has taken a nosedive, i am considering abandoning linux and switching to FreeBSD

will BSD:s adopt systemd?

i hope not

I hope so

> you can learn how an operating system actually works

LOL

you mean learn how whatever piece of shit you're using at the time works.

go fuck around with LILO, you dildo

voidlinux.org/news/2018/05/serious-issues.html
pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,146233.0.html

I'm interested to see how that compares to recent incidences for the larger set of systemd distros.

Who doesn't he set up a patron like Solus faggots, and release a complete install solution.

>i am considering abandoning linux and switching to FreeBSD
that's not an improvement, and not just because of the inane CoC sucking developers. They've already been looking into making their own systemd-like pile of shit for a while now. Dragonfly and OpenBSD are the only real worthwhile BSDs. GuixSD is also worth keeping an eye on, despite the fsf retardation.

Fuck you.

If Slackware dies I'm quitting computing and going to live in the mountains