Keyboards without numpad

Legit or meme?

Attached: 1523522306942.jpg (2058x909, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switch/dp/B01FXF7HFC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Out of my Filco TKL, Pok3r, and Masterkeys Pro M, I like the layout of the Pro M quite a lot. I would prefer the numpad on the left side of the keyboard.
I tried using a fullsize for a while recently, but It's much more comfortable to have my hands centered on the keyboard. Numpads make a big difference.

I very much love mine. You get used to using the num row.

Attached: keyboard.jpg (5320x2296, 2.21M)

>mfw when my laptop has a numpad
>mfw i ever use it

What is that layout called? I could use one for work

Also, the numpad gets used maybe like once a month. I encourage you to track your usage. It's like 3 inches of unused space basically

>What is that layout called?
qwerty :^)

TENKEYLESS, I rock a ducky

No I meant the one in the picture. It has fused keys and a compact layout, 85 keys?

>It's like 3 inches of unused space basically

just like my dick

75%, though there's no standard name for it.

IBM has been been making numpadless keyboards since the 70s, so it must be a meme at this point

If you think they're a meme, kindly remove yourself from Jow Forums.

>removing the capability to type numbers at the speed of light
No u

Laptops with numberpads are an abomination.

>he doesn't use function layer mapping
Even my old 80s TKL has that

Thanks. Are there any modular hotswap 75% keyboards that don't murder the wallet? I wanna drop in some tactile switches.

t. data entry cuck

depends on how cheap you want to go
amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switch/dp/B01FXF7HFC

no

No numpad keyboards are for people who also Google "what does the windows key do"

Its fine to have a keyboard without a numpad, just know that you will never compose a work of literary merit on one because your mechanical keyboard hobby is a smokescreen hiding both a lack of talent and the fact that you have nothing interesting to write about.

>outemu

fug, hot swappable outemus use different ports from generic MX hotswap ports. I guess buying a cheap one and desoldering the entire thing for switches isn't out of the question. I'm seeing the few kits are absurdly overpriced for how many keys they have.

Agreed. Linux is a piece of shit because their founders refuse to work with full size keyboards

you can just pinch the pins and they'll fit

>form over function
remove yourself from the genepool

The form of a keyboard affects its function.
I prefer having straight arms.

Won't that ruin the switches?

Yes, I don't use numbpads anyway.

>A or B
>yes

no, that's what I did to mine and they work perfectly

No problems with the contacts being loose or anything?

nope, if you're scarred you can file them down a bit, I heard that also works

What I'm scared of is the contacts coming loose and shorting the board or something, not necessarily if it'll fit or not.

that's a very silly fear to have, it's almost impossible and if anything it would short the switch instead

manchild tier

Nice blog. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

The only reason I have a number pad is because I'm an account who sometimes works from home, I don't otherwise use it

Recently got myself a tkl, just realized how often I used the enter key with my right thumb

Just get a fully programmable keeb, then you can have literally infinite numpads
>pic related, mine

Attached: _20180724_003500.jpg (4772x1927, 2.11M)

>caring about ergonomics
>manchild

Attached: 1504597838905.jpg (431x431, 14K)

Why don't keyboards have the number pad on the left for better ergonomics?

Amen

>purposefully wanting a crippled keyboard

what the fuck

I wish my Filco wasn't TKL, but on the other hand I'd rather have a numpad to the left of my keyboard. So rather than replace it I'll just purchase a separate numpad if it becomes too irksome.

No idea but since they use left-hand design for a right-hand keyboard it seems logical that a left-hand keyboard will have a right-hand design

Legit.

Attached: Untitled Note - Jul 22, 2018 3.30 PM.png (1125x1373, 184K)

Soya board

I love my tada too

Reversed caps are puke tier

unless desk space is a serious concern I would never get s keyboard without a numpad, having worked in a store 's office makes you type number lightning fast

it can be a problem if you don't have enough deskspace.

also if you have very low dpi it can be bad and you can smack into the keyboard.

>deskspace
yes its awesome and you'll realize how big of a tard you are using the numberpad when theres one right on the top above your qwerty
>i went to a job test and they had you do a typing test. numbers were in it. me and some girl done it at the same time. i kept watching her reach over to the numberpad to type in, i was watching and seeing how long it was taking her to reach over. i was like, thats taking too long.
i passed, she failed. numpads are crap, plus widen the distance between your hand on the wasd keys and the mouse, making you stretch out your arms like your some 500 pound fatass.

i did find the problem of finding a chair to fit me because today, nowadays, all the chairs are arms are wide wiiiiide apart, like their all made for.. oh 500 pounds of fatass

when you learn to type, numbers are part of the things you learn to push with your fingers. numbers have a finger assigned to them to push them down with.
learn how to type.
>its faster

the only true meme is the hhkb layout, and i love my hhkb layout

Attached: 20180723_095234 (1).jpg (1328x747, 213K)

what a dumb fucking thread

>that abomination
user, I-

the functions are a little different tho, just my keycap set doesnt support the correct keycaps with labels

Attached: hhkbp2_basic_layout1500.png (1500x707, 154K)

>no insert key
how will I paste things in linux?

That's actually the best layout you can have in terms of desk space efficiency vs usability. The only thing you miss out is the numpad but unless you're an accountant or something you won't really miss it.

There are tons of other smaller layouts out there buy they sacrifice too many keys and are used almost exclusively by mech keyboard autists.

right click?

>using windows
>use the numpad errday
>install ubuntu
>numlock is disabled by default for some dumb fucking reason
>just learn to use the numrow instead
>never use the numpad ever
saves space desu

>mouse

I've never ever in my life used the numpad. I'm lefthanded, I always typed the numbers above the QWERTY

Well, lefthandeds are retarded, everybody knows. But good for sports.

This. Unless you're an accountant or something of the sort, someone who uses Excel 8 hours a day, it's not worth getting a numpad.

It's easy to touchtype the number keys above the letters.

Legit.

Personally, I can put it on my lap much better if I need to type that way. With a numpad, the B key is off, which means my hands are off-center.

Haven't thought about getting a numpad back EVEN THOUGH I need to press Shift to get at the numbers.

Bought a board with a numpad after many years and so far I've only used that numpad once. Not worth losing mouse space for, even when just browsing.

Attached: keyboard.jpg (706x1249, 646K)

>Nothing but trash tier ANSI shit ITT.

Attached: 1508118428753.png (760x839, 760K)

It's better for gaming, so without

I use cherry blues with no keypad and a razer naga. I'm not missing that number pad desu.

So true
The IBM standard design is old and doesn't take mouses into account. Moving the numpad to the other side so that the typing area is in the center or using a 75% layout solves it

The fewer keys you have, the more expert you are at computer

Attached: 1526056166965.png (1190x968, 807K)

It's nice but you gotta do 60%, any inbetweeners like 65% or 75% are a meme.

ISO sucks tho, it's even been proven by science that ANSI and BAE are both better

If you have one, how would you be able to do this haxor thing?

▲▲

(yeah sorry, i've been numpadless the last few years, haven't been able to do one)

tf, have they nerfed the triforce? Why doesn't alt-255 work?

you mean alt codes?
my keyboard doesn't even have a numpad, but I can still type alt codes.

Just program a numpad on one of the layers if you need it.
Your keyboard *is* programmable, right?

Attached: IMG_20180722_152902.jpg (3200x2400, 1.85M)

>cutting your legs off isn't so bad
>you get used to using wheelchairs

I like them. I rarely if ever use the numpad anyway and it saves space.

I prefer it greatly. I do however have a rubbermeme numpad separately I got for something at uni once.

As a financial control analyst, keyboards without a numpad are just NEET memes..

This is exactly the reason I switched to tenkeyless. I'm not some Excel monkey so the number row will always be enough for me. At home and at work.

Dumb question, it depends from your use and from how long your arms are. My right arm hurts if i use a full keyboard, because if the keyboard is centered it forces the mouse too far on the right and my arm has to be in an unfomfortable position. Also i don't type in a lot of numbers. This may not be the case for everybody though

yea, only reason i would ever give up the numpad is because of hitting the keyboard with my mouse.

It's much more complicated and annoying though

it isn't tho, you can just use the numpad layer on it

Numpads are for excel plebs.

"BTW I use Arch": They Keyboard

I think you're talking about this keyboard

Attached: Pain27.jpg (1940x1098, 402K)

I got one of these for pretty cheap. I love the layout but I wish I could find a set of less disgusting keycaps for it.

Attached: drevo gramr.jpg (700x514, 60K)

Ctrl+Shift+U and I can input any Unicode character and there's also gucharmap.

󠀾 󠀾▲
▲ 󠀾 󠀾▲

Ctrl+Shift+U and I can input any Unicode character and there's also gucharmap.

I laughed, but have some respect for yourself.

in a laptop i understand but num input is too comfy to give up on desktop

clipboard buffer

it depends on if you rely on the numpad or not, that's literally it. the people who hate tkl boards are like somehow completely incapable of comprehending what it's like to type without a numpad for some reason, but it's completely possible and can be done quite quick. i personally don't work as a cashier at the local walmart so it's not an issue for me

which keyboard is the very top one? That's my ideal keyboard.

its a 75%

Am I on a board with literal children or people that are so small that their shoulder width makes having a keyboard and mouse together uncomfortable?
I'm a slightly below average height dude and I just plain don't have this issue in the image.