Linux is just a poor copy of macOS

There's no reason to use linux on the desktop. I spent the last 6 years using Linux and when I finally try macOS I saw how miserable Linux UX is, it definitely not ready for desktops. Another point what freetards love ignore is the lack of GOOD proprietary software, no Gimp isn't good as Photoshop, Kdenlive can't replace Premiere Pro, Lightworks isn't even close to beat Final Cut Pro.

Attached: PoorManLinux.png (570x336, 240K)

okay, now this is epic

You're not wrong

But you make your case like a retard

One good thing Linux does over macOS and Windows is how it centrally manages software and packages

3rd party stuff like brew isn't as good as Linux with a package manager

What you mean to say is that you can pretty much use macOS on a laptop to do what you would do with Linux and it's fine. What you are saying though is that "Linux is a copy of Mac", making you look like an idiot and also I think it's bait.

pretty much this

also who the fuck actually uses desktop loonix unless you're a linux dev? I write software that runs on RHEL and I still use a mac for my desktop.

BSD is the only OS you should be using if you actually care about security.

Let's be honest here
Macos is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators fled from macs en masse to windows after Apple abandoned the pro market
Entire global economy, retail, wholesale, manufacfuring and desktops run on windows
Enterprise servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux VMs are used for everything
Internet servers run on Linux

>Macos
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine want macos
Unironically faggots use macos even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates macos' existence
PROTIP: You can't

>t. mactoddler

>Find me ONE reason that validates macos' existence

I prefer it.

That literally validates its entire existence.

>leaves out BSD
>the only UNIX-like to actually have widespread consumer usage

Attached: 1374311936550.png (625x626, 55K)

Linux is un-usable as a desktop environment because Gnome devs are fucking incompetent shitstains who deserve to die in a fire, and the KDE guys just don't know the first thing about UX.

I need gcc, clang, zsh, and standard unix tools without having to go back to 1990.

Let me interject a moment. What you're referring as Linux is in fact some shitty GNU/Linux distribution, that mimics macOS. And Linux is just a kernel, not a fully functional OS by POSIX.
Real GNU/Linux is not copied from anything, but rather inspired by everything else.
Let me demonstrate some examples:
KDE - originally it was mimicking Windows 9x, but later it started mimicking Windows Vista, and after all that Microsoft started mimicking KDE in Windows 10.
Gnome originally was mimicking KDE. Gnome 2 - they were mimicking OS X. Gnome 3 - I don't know what are they mimicking.
XFCE - was always original DE.
LXDE - feels like they are mimicking Windows XP or Windows 7, but it is not 100%.

Also you should not forget that Free software developers have pretty shit taste, I mean they are decent programmers, not UI designers.
And it is a big problem, because UI designers are not interested in free software, because they think as 'free' in free beer primarily, and due tho this they think they'll do it for free.

Attached: rms-04.jpg (266x399, 16K)

TempleOS. Others are just CIA honeypot

>the only 2 desktop environments are KDE and GNOME

>I need gcc, clang, zsh, and standard unix tools without having to go back to 1990.
Windows and Linux have that. The only reason you want it is that you want a faggot ass shiny theme. LOL deal with it.

You forgot to add:
>t. Tim Cook.

>hey boss I'm just gonna spend $3000 in manhours setting up a non standard DE and whenever the configs break I'll need to spend even more money fixing them

also WSL and cygwin are just as much bullshit. I can't justify fucking around like a faggot in a desktop thread.

Don't like it? Fix it you fuck!
I've no idea about problems with UI, because it works for me.
You shouldn't be a programmer to do this shit. Just share your ideas in clear manner, so even most retarded would understand what you want

>Monolithic Kernel
>Secure
Pick one and only one.

Attached: 1484367459739.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

>hey boss I'm just gonna spend $3000 in manhours setting up a non standard DE and whenever the configs break I'll need to spend even more money fixing them
OpenSUSE provides more than 4 (four) DEs from the box. KDE, GNOME, LXDE, XFCE. I bet SUSE does the same.

BSD is secure because nobody can figure out how to compile anything for it

You're using Gnome
Opinion discarded.

Attached: 1529546315283.jpg (640x640, 122K)

>muh standard
Mactrash is not a standard. It isn't even meant to be run outside the walled garden of piss poor price/spec ratio hardware

>non standard
as in what? elaborate negro

>t. mactoddler

seriously i just need terminal + IDE + browser. I dont fucking care if it is xfce or cinnamon

This is 100% fact. Linux only hides this truth by dissuading its users from actually using macOS to discover how its autistic devs have ripped off all of its GUI innovations, but without actually understanding or implementing the logic behind them. Double goes for Microsoft.

XFCE is original. Opinion discarded.

>""""""""""""""((((((((((((((((((((((((centralized)))))))))))))))))))))))"""""""""""" repository of software

fuck off retard

take your meds

I genuinely hate the way that MacOS does window management, and a number of other UX things, and doesn't even give the the option to change it.
On linux I can run any number of window managers that I can tune to function how I want them to.
Even windows does this better than MacOS!
Why the fuck does maximizing a terminal make a new virtual workspace that's full fucking screen. This violates principal of leas surprise.
I literally NEVER want this behavior. If I wanted it to be the only thing on a new workspace I'd have put it there.
Why is there no window snapping out of the box? I have to install a thirdparty app to get functionality that EVEN FUCKING WINDOWS has had for like a decade or more. and the really decent implementations are paid solutions. Oh and because macOS is trying to be pretty drawing shadows under every window it looks awful if you do manage to get some sort of tiling solution working.
Why the fuck does firefox perform like shit on MacOS? No one knows.

Why the fuck can't I make time machine backups to Apples fancy newfangled Filesystem that fucking supports things like snapshots that ought to be great for backup space efficiencies?

Why the Bloody god damn fuck can't I turn the mother fucking dock off, it's auto-hide behavior is atrocious.

Also the new key boards are fucking awful to type on, break if you look at them wrong, and the touchbar is a god damn meme.

Why is the new disk utility missing half the functionality that the old one had?

No Sir fuck you, I'll keep my Thinkpad and do actual work thank you very fucking much.

cc main.c -o main wow, that was hard

Silly macfag, linux predates macos by over a decade.
Macos is a ripoff of bsd which is a ripoff of unix, get your facts straight moron.

>organic water
what did you mean by this?

Attached: image.jpg (700x525, 82K)

BSD is a bastardization of UNIX, change my mind.

i'm going to need a source for that fuckton of claims because i guarantee half are inaccurate

what the fuck hahhahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1487359568134.png (604x717, 814K)

>guess who's new here

>sparkling tree water
>sparkling water
>from trees

Attached: 1496190747457.png (232x255, 76K)

>gui programs are written for qt or gtk.
>LXDE and XFCE are both gtk anyway

yeah wow such fucking choices.

>hurrrrr i spewed a bunch of shit and someone asked for a source
i'll dumb it down for you, because it's obvious i'm dealing with a subhuman retard nigger. what evidence do you have that windows 10 copies KDE?

Checked.
Also no games lol

look out here comes the next dew
-MOUNTAIN!! ORGANIC!!! TREEE DEW!!!!!

no artificial colors except those added for looks and no artificial chemicals except those unnaturally sourced from natural sources and mixed to create sulfure dioxide and other preservatives/poisons for flavor enhancement.

>Linux is un-usable as a desktop environment because Gnome devs are fucking incompetent shitstains who deserve to die in a fire, and the KDE guys just don't know the first thing about UX.
What do have two DEs have to do with Linux.

i3, is THE most comfortable I have ever been using a computer, especially if it is about productivity, because it easily removes all distractions and lets me focus on the important things.

But the Loonix users on here usually use DEs or wms which are as distinct from MacOS as humanly possible?

I can't think of any way in which i3 has ripped of macOS, can you?

>KDE guys just don't know the first thing about UX.
And yet they've made a DE that's head to head with the commercial produt, and utterly superior to the gimped apple window manager

Indeed true, macos has absolutely no advantages over linux, other than muh adobe products which you can run in wine or a vm.

Pantheon DE/elementaryOS sure is. But besides that most DE's are actually copying Windows. So, what the hell are you talking about?

And yes, many Linux distros are in fact ready for desktop use. KDE shits salty diarrhea down Apple fanboys cock mongling throats. So does Windows 7, a fucking 10 year old OS. Enjoy your broken filesystem, losing data when moving folders in Finder and your dumbed/locked down user experience.

>what evidence do you have that windows 10 copies KDE?
Because Plasma5 was released like a year before Windows10? Because it was Windows10, released a year after Plasma5 that finally introduced the Pajeedows users to the concept of workstations that has been in Plasma (and other GNU/Linux environments) since the 1997?

What's ridiculous about Windows is not that it copied Plasma5 - that's to be expected, Plasma5 is probably a Holy Grail of desktop features for Microsoft.
But considering the budget of Microsoft they managed to make the copy of KDE this fucking shitty despite having access to the source code.

Absolutely fucking based!

>kernel is a poor copy of OS
Like saying that BBS is a poor copy of Porsche.

Attached: 1532392866307.gif (500x493, 631K)

I can't blame people migrating from apple toys to real pcs building similar UI though I can't understand it either. But you are retarded because you saw a single UI theme imitating mac and now claim everything else is imitation as well.

I write software for windows but still run loonix on desktop kek. Why would I every need mac? I wonder.

>also who the fuck actually uses desktop loonix unless you're a linux dev?
I do, Debian testing with dwm makes every other desktop shit in comparison

my creative soundcard works in linux ootb
in hackintosh i need literally vodoo magic to have it 10% working

>x does something more efficient, but y does it too
>therefore x does not have a reason to exist
Nice logic faggot, stop sucking stallman's cock for a second

>hurr durr muh media production on Linux
Reaper audio studio
DaVinci Resolve
GIMP (it's good, stop being a babyduck)
Blender
Kdenlive is genuinely better than most proprietary shit, the only problem is stability

>x does something more efficient
>macshit
>efficient
lmao

Attached: 1502073911260.jpg (689x571, 55K)

>he doesn't install third party apps that fix macos' shortcomings
You do it for linux, why not for macos? It's still relatively a fuck ton less work, but you get better results. Nobody outside of Jow Forums and first year CS students bother with tiling wms or whatever autistic ricing configs / ux inconveniences in stock macos/windows you guys rave about all day and night.

>non-sequitur
>ahaha look at how much of a memelord I am, it made all my discord friends laugh out loud so it should work in Jow Forums too no?
also,
>inspect element
>in current year

>manufacturing runs on Windows

yes but it is Windows XP

Attached: Designed_for_Microsoft_Windows_XP-logo-F7B607669F-seeklogo.com.png (300x212, 43K)

No. Even though I like macOS better that statement seems stupid. Sure, many DEs on Linux, the most popular ones (like XFCE, Gnome and KDE) try to closely resemble different environments in other OSes. Whatever is graphical they seem to take more from macOS, but at the same time, functionality wise, they add shortcuts and such that are more familiar to Windows users. So it's a mixed bag.

Still, outside of that, no. Not really. I can't compare homebrew with the plenty of decent package managers on Linux. I have barely any freedom to do shit on my system because first and foremost I must disable a feature they introduced years ago called SIP if I ever want to touch something. I was probably one of the two people out there who loved Lucida Grande and it's a mess to replace fonts fully. Not to mention on non-hDPI monitors the font rendering is terrible and it only has 4 different settings of which none are adequate now. On Linux those problems don't exist.

Mactrash is completely irrelevant especially after they lost support for OpenGL. No, I don't want to use a closed source, non portable graphics API or a translation layer just to support a dead platform. Mac is a niche, a dying one.

Attached: 1519667547120.png (594x648, 152K)

Not even; they'll typically use cheap thin clients (i.e Wyse terminals), which run on BSD and then remotely connect them to virtual servers which run on XP

>Find me ONE reason that validates macos' existence
>PROTIP: You can't
Oh yeah?? Well..well..........

>3rd party stuff like brew isn't as good as Linux with a package manager

lol.. why the fuck not? a bunch of neckbeards manage loonix package managers.

>66860044
unbased and bluepilled

Lightworks is good enough for Pulp Fiction and the Wolf of Wallstreet

Trusting applel

Attached: 65320646.jpg (460x345, 44K)

This

Attached: 1527282934609.png (1100x733, 822K)

What if you want to use professional software from adobe, autodesk and others but don't want to be spied on?

linux is just macos for poorfags
no one would give a shit about linux if macOS was free to download
>muh freedums and open source
nobody cares. capitalism ho

You have a point if you swap out "Linux" for "Gnome".

KDE is objectively the best linux DE and if linux will ever make inroads in the consumer world, it will be on KDE's back. It's the only DE that combines user-friendliness with unique features. GNOME is easy to use but offers nothing new or special over windows or macOS besides a changed workflow, so normies won't like it.

Xfeces and LXDE are both stuck in 2006 and don't seem to be making any progress on getting out.

Unity was responsible for bringing KDE and GNOME into the 21st century by forcing them to catch up, but it served its purpose and I'm kind of glad Ubuntu dropped it.

Attached: 1527730847545.png (1920x1080, 373K)

It's a bait, Windows better than anything??

holy shit mactards rectally shattered with one single post lmao

Unironically this, linux was usable in 2012 when gnome worked and we had unity, nowadays the experience in desktops has been ruined, so I installed macOS in my thinkpad and the experience I'm having is basically what gnome offered several years ago with the bonus of being able to use proprietary software.

I don't care if linux runs on supercomputers on the nasa, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it has become unusable on desktops, besides that there are no better distros without systemd, I also tried to migrate to FreeBSD before surrendering to macOS but there are no softwares I need in FreeBSD, not even a good browser, they have chromium but this does not work as expected.

>Use Linux for 5 years
>Switch to MacOS
>Never go back
Every time.

Attached: desktop.jpg (5120x2880, 1.97M)

Whaat's the bar under the folder in the Dock?

Downloads progress indicator.

>gnome
Only retards use that garbage unironically.

Linux is a kernel, brainlet.

I thought elementaryOS was dead?

Ben Shapiro owns Linuxtards epic style (COMPILATION)

Attached: DASH_4_8_M (1).webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

>Never go back

I did not say this, I want to go back, I want things to improve but unfortunately I only saw everything get worse in that time I used linux, when debian became as comfy as the mac I come back. When gnome works and systemd is dead I will give linux another chance.

Gnome provides, the best workflow, you are a brainlet who can't use that.

>Linux
Linux is a kernel.
>GNOME
Made for brainlets.
>Systemd
Install gentoo.
>Mac
>comfy
Nope. It's proprietary and doesn't even support proper tiling WMs.

Tiling WMs are mind numbingly retarded unless you have a 4k workspace. But even then they're still pretty fucking worthless. The idea that you need to see 100% of every window on screen is beyond stupid. What if I just want to see a small portion of the window and don't care if some over lap?
Until someone makes an overlapping tiling WM then tiling window managers are for people who can't actually think.

>tiling WMs
>gentoo

Opinion discarded.

>windows 10
locked down unavoidable due to practicly x86 dominance and x64 dominance
>linux
open source practicly you can do whatever you like on your kernel and the rest but not so much support for it
>macos
literally a locked down linux no way to know what the fuck its doing limited support on programs horrible package manager being developed to use specific hardware

>t. never tried tiling WMs
They all have a floating window mode
>complain about systemd
>complain when someone gives you an option that doesn't include it
Ok then, install Devuan, Alpine, Void, Trisquel, Gobo, GuixSD, any BSD

>They all have a floating window mode
Who said anything about floating windows?

You did. If you want the windows to overlap then you float them above the others.

I didn't say anything about floating windows, the fact you think I did shows you can't even imagine how tiling WMs could overlap without floating.
Typical ricer who doesn't actually think about how they're using their computers.

Attached: 1530420411387.jpg (324x356, 28K)

If you have an application that you don't regularly need to see 100% of then that application is bloated. Yes you could overlap them without floating but it's pointless to do this. If you're a brainlet like OP who compares it to mac then floating window modes will work just fine for you.

I getting better software without paying for it, so I don't see the point of just using open source.

You need to see your discord window 100% of the time in full. There's not a single part of the UI that could be useful on its own. You're right, I'm wrong.

Attached: selection.jpg (2308x1432, 1M)

Attached: chadpirate.png (2518x1024, 276K)